DiRTy Gossip Thread

aurora borealis ?                                                     

versedi said:
This is getting real hype and teasing.

I don't know why, but I've felt New Zealand vibe from that picture. Sandish gravel, mountains. Hmm
Yeah I got the feeling of NZ too.

Flykas said:
What do you mean? Those little rocks that were only visible at the start of a stage? It was only a visual effect AND it always looks the same.

But are there any other random rocks? I'm 131 hours (I've been playing for the past two months) in and didn't notice anything like that
I think I have played about 300 hours and I remember seeking 1 or 2 random rocks in wales lol, but it is true. Pretty interesting 

Sorry, (not sorry).

I like the Not afraid tag. Hopefully that is an indicator that we are returning to purist rally action. The green tint is just an effect. Camera is taking a photo at night toward headlights. Doesn't look anything like New Zealand rally stages to me. Not one bit. I'm still thinking north America but that's neither here nor there. 
For a group b motor to be on the first image we see , could that indicate a focus on historic rallying in the game? 

If it is actually DR 2.0, I'd love to see stages from DR added into it (maybe tweaked a bit as well) but I know that won't happen which is a shame. DiRT Rally stages were beautiful and awesome.

JorritVD said:
Or does the green means something is infected ? and the Audi races away from it 

Dirt 3 party modes were incredibly good fun with a group of friends. Spent many hours messing about on those!

Im wondering what game modes we will get for the new game. Obviously rally and rallycross, is like to see an expanded hill climb mode return, although I believe pikes peak is out of the question?

I like the Not afraid tag. Hopefully that is an indicator that we are returning to purist rally action. 
This^^^

Dirt 4 had the fear.  That’s not what DiRT Rally was about.  Go hard, or go home 

KevM said:
I like the Not afraid tag. Hopefully that is an indicator that we are returning to purist rally action. 
This^^^

Dirt 4 had the fear.  That’s not what DiRT Rally was about.  Go hard, or go home 
Ah yea. Suppose it did. Back to fingers crossed then I guess. 

versedi said:
This is getting real hype and teasing.

I don't know why, but I've felt New Zealand vibe from that picture. Sandish gravel, mountains. Hmm
New Zealand has no sandish gravel roads at all ( I live there ) Roads are more grey,lose gravel

KevM said:
This^^^

Fear? Fear of bland handling? 

Ouch. Sorry. Couldn't help it  :D

I mean, D4 was focus’d on being User Friendly!  DiRT Rally never was

I hope it’s DiRT Rally 2.0 & I hope it’s even more of a challenge to master

I agree completely. I remember the first time I booted up RBR. I remember the first time I booted up DR. The learning curve was massive and that's half the enjoyment. Feeling on the edge of failure at all times. Building your pace slowly. Mastering it or at least becoming competent eventually. 
I hope for that in this new game. But with more rallies, more stages and the same attention to graphical detail as DR had. Especially when it comes to things like water effects and trees and such. D4 definitely went Backwards in that regard

not afraid = fearless

as in be fearless

as in dirt 4

as in there is nothing to be afraid of because the back end never kicks out

I agree completely. I remember the first time I booted up RBR. I remember the first time I booted up DR. The learning curve was massive and that's half the enjoyment. Feeling on the edge of failure at all times. Building your pace slowly. Mastering it or at least becoming competent eventually. 
I hope for that in this new game. But with more rallies, more stages and the same attention to graphical detail as DR had. Especially when it comes to things like water effects and trees and such. D4 definitely went Backwards in that regard
Yeah, one thing that is really cool about learning new sim game especially rally is that if you aren't crashing than it is one half of a job done, than you get faster over time. Not doing just mindless full throttle runs.

Getting better at DR was just so damn rewarding. Winning the masters in the 037 felt like a major achievement. I was legit proud of myself for being able to do it.

tbtstt said:
carpa said:
KevM said:
I’m quite excited to see what locations we will be getting in the new game! I hope for a return of Finland and Germany, with some vineyard stages! I would also like New Zealand. I have never enjoyed Sweden, but I was playing dirt rally yesterday, and for the first ever I was getting the hand of it. I put in some fastest times on master difficulty and actually enjoyed it for once!
Are we getting a new game??
Probably not, according to everyone else, because of my theories they’ve cancelled the whole thing
Theoretically, if you were to say everything was cancelled because of your theory, Codies would need to announce something to make sure your latest theory is incorrect... 
Reversed psychology, that should do
Codies definitely aren’t about to announce DiRT Rally 2.0 and it definitely won’t be the best game ever
If they announce a new game this week now you have made that statement then it validates the theory that your speculation is the reason we haven't seen something sooner.

With that in mind I think its only fair that you buy all of us kebab pizza by way of apology. 
I'm genuinely amazed at how well this worked.
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1044519378681647104
@RallyDriven, what have you done to Codies so that they want to contraddict you so much? 

juu1ius said:
isn't it just some Greece stage 2.0 ?                        
Perhaps, I'd be happy with it if it is. No 'just' about it.

BTW, no one is going to make an 'E2 = DR2' link? If this isn't called DiRT Rally Evo 2........

Given the studious nature of this forum, I'm surprised no one has looked closely at the small shrub on the right, to see if it exists in any stages in Dirt Rally/Dirt 4 already, lol.