DiRTy Gossip Thread

I can confirm Trois-Rivière will be in, we can see the Québec logo in the trailer. I might be biased a little because I live like from 1 hour of this track but it's my favorite one on the calendar!

New Zealand and Australia are absolutely the best part of the news but honestly, I'm disappointed we'll get again only 6 locations... I miss the old days where we had 8 countries and like 6 unique tracks per rallies. 

No snow location? Legendary rallies like Finland, Monte-Carlo, Wales and Germany should all have made a comeback. And why bring USA back? Nobody liked this location in DiRT 4.

Beside that, I'm happy to see the return of hand crafted stages and tyre choice and road deformation sounds amazing!

Audi S1 E2, Volkswagen GTI, Audi RX ?

urgaffel said:
@urgaffel is there a possibility to get Dirt Rally 1 stages as DLC plz say yes!!!!
And make argentina super rough and ROCKY!!
Argentina is hard as nails (although I'm not an excellent driver, I mostly drive to crash in order to test vfx ;D )
Can confirm, Argentina is full of pain and suffering.

Here's a couple of things I noticed in the trailer:

1. The Argentina stage in that video shows a bridge like those on El Condor stage/s https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/april-2015/recce-notes-argentina/page/2334--12-12-.html so they could be real-life stages as per Dirt Rally.

2. The Audi Group B driver is female.
Real-life stages have been confirmed here.
Not really. Hand crafted yes, but we don't know if they are recreations of the real ones or not. Maybe just inspired? 

bogani said:

1. The Argentina stage in that video shows a bridge like those on El Condor stage/s https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/april-2015/recce-notes-argentina/page/2334--12-12-.html so they could be real-life stages as per Dirt Rally.

Not really. Hand crafted yes, but we don't know if they are recreations of the real ones or not. Maybe just inspired? 
Hand crafted is still gonna be better than generated

bogani said:
My bad.

Well, my hype took a big hit because of pre-order bonus (upgraded starter cars? Like we don't want to drive them ourselves?), and season pass(es).

Just as a side note, but is Stuart Ross making the soundtrack for DR 2.0? I loved the music from DR and hope the sequel can get the same vibe.

Didzis said:
bogani said:

Hand crafted is still gonna be better than generated

That, sir, I completely agree with :)

We're back to hand-crafted stages. Perfect! That was an area where I always thought DiRT Rally did better over DiRT 4.

@ChristinaMc I just want to know now what kind of modern rally content we'll be getting. It's the only area where your games somewhat lack behind. It's kind of sad to have Group B's and Group A's but not the top tier from recent times. You can't get the newest cars, for obvious reasons, so try an older generation. Like these:

I'm already counting down the days for release.

Some questions @urgaffel @ChristinaMc 

1. Will we have the full RX format online including heats and all finals, instead of just a few races in a row?
2. How many rally stages will we have per location (not counting reversed or cut up parts)?
3. Is stage generation completely gone for this project, or will we have stage generation next to the hand crafted stages?
4. What is the coolest VFX additions we'll see?
5. Is this build on the same EGO tech?
6. And what does the tech allow as far as stage length goes? will we see 20+ km stages this time?

The little bits of driving reminded me of DIRT 4 more than dirt rally, but maybe this will be a mixture of both like many players wanted.  But the tyre choice and road deformation sound intriguing. Also I wonder why RX footage takes up most of the trailer? Wasn't really into it in Dirt rally.

I'm deffo pre-ordering deluxe. I don't mind one bit putting more money into the pockets of developers who deliver the content I want. New rally locations throughout the year? Dope! 

Areyouben said:
Some questions @urgaffel @ChristinaMc 

1. Will we have the full RX format online including heats and all finals, instead of just a few races in a row?
2. How many rally stages will we have per location (not counting reversed or cut up parts)?
3. Is stage generation completely gone for this project, or will we have stage generation next to the hand crafted stages?
4. What is the coolest VFX additions we'll see?
5. Is this build on the same EGO tech?
6. And what does the tech allow as far as stage length goes? will we see 20+ km stages this time?

4: New and much improved dust, the kick ups look great if I may say so myself :)

At the 22 second mark, i see an unknown car in the background. It looks like a Fiesta, but the paint seem different than the Nitiss car.:

Also the STARD Fiesta is painted on the old OMSE car. In the background also a car. Might be the VW though. 

@urgaffel Please bring back Germany as DLC but reworked with those famous U-turns and elevation changes in the vineyards!! ?

bogani said:
My bad.

Well, my hype took a big hit because of pre-order bonus (upgraded starter cars? Like we don't want to drive them ourselves?), and season pass(es).
That's a good point, "DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition which also includes the first two seasons of post-launch additional content", does that mean there will be more seasons after that?

Hope so. If we get a full year of support, with a new season every quarter, we might end up with the full RX calendar, maybe some classic RX locations and around 12 rally locations. Who knows, maybe we'll get a hill climb season with 3 hill climb location.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/1044896919305297920
Nice to see  @KickUp involving in DR2. I am sure He gave good direction for game..
Hope we can chose him as one of Co Drivers.. it would be nice touch

Hat has firmly been taken off to the Codies team. They've listened to our constant whining and appear to be dropping the holy grail. If we end up with 10 or more rallies of decent length that'll be a game that could last a very long time indeed

@urgaffel
Any reason why the OMSE Fiesta is still being used for all Fiesta Rallycross? Is this pure a limitation of resources and choices being made? (i can understand, because there a re a lot new cars in this year WRX compared to DR and D4)

- Because a new POLO has been made for the PSRX team. Why not use the Marklund Polo for this than?
- The Fiesta WRC / R5 models have been made, so with some moddeling work you got the STARD, MJP, Nitiss Fiesta.
- For me the difference between in the Marklund and PS Polo is big, but for me this is the same for the different Fiesta. 

Also, can you confirm that DR and D4 Supercars will return or not will return, like the Focus, Impreza, Countryman? 

zoliRX said:

YourStage no more?

Body is 22 tiles too short.

Seems that way. Shame as, despite it's flaws, I thought it had immense potential. 

I will be interesting what the seasons DLC will be. My guess and hope is for an ARX season with the ARX Supercars (Focus, Impreza, Beetle, and some extra liveries on the already existing models, like the Ibiza, DS3) and the CotA track?