DiRTy Gossip Thread

I promised myself I wouldn't preorder games again.

But I did. DR 2.0 Deluxe Edition will now taunt me in the steam library for 5 months.

Damn you codies!

Dytut said:

But I did. DR 2.0 Deluxe Edition will now taunt me in the steam library for 5 months.

Damn you codies!
I can't see it on Amazon yet: once I do I am placing my order!

(Though I might wait for a day or two, just in case there is a steelbook version coming as well)

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

Damn you codies!

(Though I might wait for a day or two, just in case there is a steelbook version coming as well)
Yeah I’m going to spend the next 5 minutes the debating whether to go digital or physical. Digital is easier but I’m a sucker for box art, and 2.0’s is looking great!

https://store.codemasters.com/row/product/500591/dirt-rally-20-deluxe
Don't know the Deluxe edition will be available at a retailer (in the Netherlands).
So each season DLC will have three tracks and five cars.

Pre-order the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition and receive:
- 4 Days Early Access
- Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec
- Upgraded 'My Team' starter cars
- x5 Early vehicle unlocks added to your team garage

The DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition also includes:
Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

JorritVD said:

https://store.codemasters.com/row/product/500591/dirt-rally-20-deluxe
Don't know the Deluxe edition will be available at a retailer (in the Netherlands).
So each season DLC will have three tracks and five cars.

Pre-order the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition and receive:
- 4 Days Early Access
- Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec
- Upgraded 'My Team' starter cars
- x5 Early vehicle unlocks added to your team garage

The DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition also includes:
Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events
Nope, just comes unlocked in career mode I assume? 

Im looking forward to see that in which class they will place the Gt porsche in. Most natural is probably r4/n? Or will they create separate gt class and add more cars into it? (For examble Abarth 124)

urgaffel said:
Areyouben said:
Some questions @urgaffel @ChristinaMc 

1. Will we have the full RX format online including heats and all finals, instead of just a few races in a row?
2. How many rally stages will we have per location (not counting reversed or cut up parts)?
3. Is stage generation completely gone for this project, or will we have stage generation next to the hand crafted stages?
4. What is the coolest VFX additions we'll see?
5. Is this build on the same EGO tech?
6. And what does the tech allow as far as stage length goes? will we see 20+ km stages this time?

4: New and much improved dust, the kick ups look great if I may say so myself :)

Sue me!  (can’t post to YouTube)

https://tinyurl.com/yc54pzdu

@urgaffel you make me happy 

Darhour said:
what are the possible system requirements to run DiRT Rally 2.0? 
Minimum Requirements ( from Steam )
  • 64bit Versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
  • Intel Core i3 2130 or AMD FX 4300
  • 8 GB de RAM
  • Nvidia GT 650Ti or AMD HD 7750
This can change till launch, i suppose...

"Gravey, if you were in charge in the next Dirt game, what would you do?"
Uh, I guess I'd put Dirt 4's team management in Dirt Rally, and add new locations and some more rallycross circuits.
"Okay, we'll do it."

Picture of the World RX commentators, oh and yes a better view of something service area, but it looks like there is no tent above the car.

I do hope that the extra tracks from season DLC will include more tarmac locations, that's my only dissappointment so far, again only 1 tarmac location (assuming Spain will be like D4 and not the gravel part of the rally).
I just don't understand why tarmac is always so left out in rally games, and don't tell me tarmac is always the same, there are different forms of tarmac as well just like gravel. Smooth and wide circuit like tarmac from Spain or narrow, snowy tarmac from Monte or narrow, bumpy tarmac (vineyards) and rough, broken concrete from Panzerplatte in Germany.
Surely I can't be the only one who enjoys a good tarmac rally just as much like a gravel or snow rally?

sqdstr said:
again only 1 tarmac location (assuming Spain will be like D4 and not the gravel part of the rally).
I could be 100% off base here, but I get the feeling that they might finally decide to do mixed surface considering they're allowing for tire selection where that type of thing will really effect how your run goes. So, if that ends up being the case theoretically any of the locations could have tarmac!

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
Areyouben said:
Some questions @urgaffel @ChristinaMc 

1. Will we have the full RX format online including heats and all finals, instead of just a few races in a row?
2. How many rally stages will we have per location (not counting reversed or cut up parts)?
3. Is stage generation completely gone for this project, or will we have stage generation next to the hand crafted stages?
4. What is the coolest VFX additions we'll see?
5. Is this build on the same EGO tech?
6. And what does the tech allow as far as stage length goes? will we see 20+ km stages this time?

4: New and much improved dust, the kick ups look great if I may say so myself :)

Sue me!  (can’t post to YouTube)

https://tinyurl.com/yc54pzdu

@urgaffel you make me happy 
That's... that's a lot of dust and stones :scream: I can't go quite that far but at least we're getting closer :D

It’s a good point regarding tyre selection, I wonder whether it means compounds like hards or softs, and whether that means we get tyre wear too? Also wondering what is meant by this paragraph and how deep this will be:

TUNING – Tune your vehicle to suit your driving style and environmental characteristics. Alleviate wear and tear by configuring each car’s set-up, and upgrade your parts to ensure your vehicles are ready for whatever challenge lies ahead.

sqdstr said:
again only 1 tarmac location (assuming Spain will be like D4 and not the gravel part of the rally).
I could be 100% off base here, but I get the feeling that they might finally decide to do mixed surface considering they're allowing for tire selection where that type of thing will really effect how your run goes. So, if that ends up being the case theoretically any of the locations could have tarmac!
Paul always said they would do it when it could be done correctly and if there could be enough wear on stages (length) maybe they compromised on the last part, but it will be cool to see.

edited for tie-pos

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

Damn you codies!

Yeah I’m going to spend the next 5 minutes the debating whether to go digital or physical. Digital is easier but I’m a sucker for box art, and 2.0’s is looking great!
Physical all the way: I want a copy to sit alongside DiRT Rally and DiRT 4!

Uhm....... First gameplay video.... but i have the feeling this is something what not should had been online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTS2PbOkIE

And another gameplay video. again i think this videos not have been public.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8VdDjDQ48

JorritVD said:
Yup, that is looking like quite the challenge! Mind you I don't think it's the work of a journalist, I think Jon Armstrong is pedaling  B)

JorritVD said:
Wow that looks really really really good! Argentina looks very rough, and the handling looks really decent

JorritVD said:
Wow that looks really really really good! Argentina looks very rough, and the handling looks really decent
The handling is pretty decent.

B) 

Anyone else having the impression there is some framerate issues on these videos ?

A few quick observations from the quattro video (not criticism, i know the game is still far from release) :

- Wow huge lens flares everywhere ! I have to preorder some sunglasses as well now. Lighting in general just seems to be a bit to much over the top for my taste.

- Looks almost exactly like the Condor stage.

- Is the codriver having a seizure in the quattro video, or does she have a neck made of a spring ? (at 1:16)

- Kinda scared of the way the quattro is "bogging down" at the exit of the first hairpin remind me of the one game that shall not be named. But could be the way the driver is driving, the setup or the surface of the road because it seems fine in other places.

- Some nice details, parts of the wall/rocks flying off when hit slighty by the back of the audi.

- Sounds are great, that quattro screams like the real deal.