DiRTy Gossip Thread

Gameplay is popping up! 
https://youtu.be/yKmnE7CXK2g                         

jeuvideo.com has some gameplay preview too (in french) :smile:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/gaming-live/929804/dirt-rally-2-0-on-fait-le-point-sur-les-sensations-de-conduite.htm

This is a translation in regard to surface deformation.

This is especially noticeable in the new feature called "surface degradation". Put simply, the soil quality of the gravel, asphalt and dirt tracks changes over time. The vehicles rake up the pavement, sweeping rocks sideways off the track, while dry soil turns into mud as the rain sets in. Since it makes a significant difference, whether you drive ahead and still finds good conditions or at the end of the field crossed a rumpled crater landscape. Well, that may be a bit exaggerated, but you will feel the difference guaranteed, but you can also adjust to the changed conditions and for the first time in DiRT Rally determine which tires you raise. Quite an exciting tactical component.

Christina has confirmed Poland will be gravel in a blog on PlayStation website, not much more info there though

Preview from GameStar: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/dirt-rally-20-angespielt-kompromisslos-20,3335271.html

Surface deformation is pre computed. Depending on starting position road surface will be in one of three conditions.

I need to work today, so it looks like i can't follow anything live stream or news popping up till I am back home in the eveing. But it will be fun a lot to catch up :) Also trying to promote DR2.0 a bit in the weekend with comments in the ARX live chat. Made some people happy with the news that a new DR is coming.

Perhaps too early to ask (or, based on the number of members who are sampling the game, perhaps too late!) but is there any intention to do another community day @ChristinaMc?

https://youtu.be/YLHeJsUNB3A

Ross talking a bit about road deformation and confirms road sweeping for the first cars!

Hm so all previews will be with that Golf? Fwd physics looks very similar to dirt 4 

Flykas said:
Hm so all previews will be with that Golf? Fwd physics looks very similar to dirt 4 
Fwd physics wasn't that much of an issue in D4. 4WD and especially RWD is where the big changes lie in DR 2.0

Edit: Not to say that the Fwd hasn't changed, because it has. It's just not as noticeable. 

This is great, from the length of the footage I'm seeing, its going to be 15-ish kms for the New Zealand stage. Also, those signature cambers are present too.

It does look a little bit like Australia from D4 though, so I wonder what Australia in this game looks like.

Also, from the co-driver voice, I guess that leaked picture of Phil Mills was right, seems to be him co-driving.

Yea that's definitely big Phil in the co-drivers seat. Sounds great. The New Zealand stage looks great, more red gravel than the grey I remember from watching wrc New Zealand in the early 2000's but I'm sure it's accurate to the area. 
I'd like to see more info on the other rallies and how they look.

I love what I've heard about surface deformation. It's great to know that running order now has an effect.

Counter says 7 miles wich is 11 kms.
If each country has 3 or 4 tracks like this it will be great !

On Gamestar they say the DLCs will bring countries back from older episodes. If the tracks are new then it's cool, otherwise...
Not only fans should notice, however, that in the list so many prominent rally country is missing. Where are Germany, Finland, Great Britain or the traditional Rally Monte Carlo, which still existed in the first part?
A question that we asked directly to Dirt boss designer Ross Gowing. The sobering response: "In the first six months after launch, we'll be bringing some of those fan favorites back home." So, those who want to drive on these routes will have to grab their bags and buy the Season Pass or the individual enhancements.

First gameplays look great! Cars have weight, off throttle sliding is present (again- inertia, duh), Phil's voice sounds amazing- Codies are really the only company that can do a proper codriver audio- Phil has a very distinctive way of reading notes, you can hear microphone distortion just as in onboards. Remembering WRC's or Vrally's codrivers hurs LOL.
Can't wait to see AWD and RWD footage, also interview with Ross was really interesting, he mentioned few things we were trying to get across in Physics discussion topic.

BTW any way to know why my account SamRWD was banned couple days before? I don't think I broke any rules, and I spent a lot of time giving feedback for both DR and D4- I would appreciate if I could get some explanation, I got no warnings and suddenly- ban.
https://forums.codemasters.com/profile/SamRWD

bogani said:
Flykas said:
Fwd physics wasn't that much of an issue in D4. 4WD and especially RWD is where the big changes lie in DR 2.0

Edit: Not to say that the Fwd hasn't changed, because it has. It's just not as noticeable. 
That's good to hear: I thought 4WD was, for the most part, pretty good in D4. It was the RWD that felt like a massive step backwards.

tbtstt said: 
bogani said:
Flykas said:

That's good to hear: I thought 4WD was, for the most part, pretty good in D4. It was the RWD that felt like a massive step backwards.
4WD is so much better in this one, trust me  ;)

Interesting hearing from the pcgamesN write up a bit more about tire choice. Not only is there a choice between hard and soft but also wet and dry. And also mentions sand and gravel tires for the same rally but perhaps that's just soft/hard compound also.

It sounds like the demo only had the golf unfortunately, but I can understand why you wouldn’t want journalists jumping into r5 cars without knowing what they’re doing. Tyre choice sounds like it will be cool, as does the road deterioration. I hope there’s a bigger difference between wet and dry gravel this time 

https://youtu.be/Z_l8pMfs1HI?t=4m6s  some more. Including Audi quattro.  Driver movement animation in replays looks impressive

I read on PSX-Sense that the disciplines are reduced (no hillclimb or trucks), and the focus is on Rally and RX. 
Also it seems that the media day they could only race the H2 VW Golf at NZ and the VW Golf Supercars at Trois Rivieres. 

Other thing they said is that Jon will be in videos explaining how to use certain driving techniques. 

So... I'm a bit worried magic snap and understeer is still present after watching few gameplays.

Eg. 3:35, happens at 3:40 (though is that FWD Golf? am not sure what car that is).

https://youtu.be/Z_l8pMfs1HI?t=218

versedi said:
So... I'm a bit worried magic snap and understeer is still present after watching few gameplays.

Eg. 3:35, happens at 3:40

https://youtu.be/Z_l8pMfs1HI?t=218

You know I am the last person to defend this, but this is exactly what happens in FWD cars. Nothing to worry here, also leaked Audi footage shows AWD seems to behave really well.

bogani said:
tbtstt said: 
bogani said:
Flykas said:

4WD is so much better in this one, trust me  ;)
Sounds promising: the Group A cars will be my benchmark!