Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

Oscar97 said:

Jepsertti said:
Areyouben said:
I’d rather have the R3 class to be honest. Most of them FWD, but quicker, and opens the door for a BRZ R3 as well. We have the historic FWD class to fill up the entry level FWD’s.
R2 class is a lot more popular than R3. Also no such thing as BRZ R3 exists because the Toyota GT86 CS-R3 is the only car classified to R3 class from the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 lineup and we all know how the relationship between Toyota and Codemasters is.
It's not just Codemasters, Toyota doesn't want to see their cars in racing games anymore. They just make an exception for Gran Turismo because Polyphony Digital is Japanese.
Milestone must have an agreement with them, as the Celica GT4 and GT86 appeared in both Seb Loeb Rally Evo and Gravel.

And Kunos for Assetto Corsa

And SMS for Project CARS 1 and 2

And Polyphony Digital with GT Sport.

It is literally only Codemasters they won't work with based on a falling out a long time ago which doesn't seem to have been resolved and looks like it never will be.
I'd love to know what Codemasters said to annoy Toyota so much: did someone crack a turbo restrictor joke or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe Toyota are playing silly and saying that their car has to be best in category (as Ferrari apparently did back in the day)? Or asking for a lot of financial remuneration for using the brand? I don't know/think they are exclusively licensed to any particular games company, so it has to be something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc can we expect the same UDP output upgrades in DR2.0 that were done in F1 recently?

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/136948/f1-2018-udp-specification#latest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:

Jepsertti said:
Areyouben said:
I’d rather have the R3 class to be honest. Most of them FWD, but quicker, and opens the door for a BRZ R3 as well. We have the historic FWD class to fill up the entry level FWD’s.
R2 class is a lot more popular than R3. Also no such thing as BRZ R3 exists because the Toyota GT86 CS-R3 is the only car classified to R3 class from the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 lineup and we all know how the relationship between Toyota and Codemasters is.
It's not just Codemasters, Toyota doesn't want to see their cars in racing games anymore. They just make an exception for Gran Turismo because Polyphony Digital is Japanese.
Milestone must have an agreement with them, as the Celica GT4 and GT86 appeared in both Seb Loeb Rally Evo and Gravel.

And Kunos for Assetto Corsa

And SMS for Project CARS 1 and 2

And Polyphony Digital with GT Sport.

It is literally only Codemasters they won't work with based on a falling out a long time ago which doesn't seem to have been resolved and looks like it never will be.
I'd love to know what Codemasters said to annoy Toyota so much: did someone crack a turbo restrictor joke or something?
*in meeting*
Toyota: So, we were looking at your simulation data for our Celica and we were thinking the car could use another 20 hp to get a more realistic performance figure.
Codemasters: We see. So, cheating again, I guess?
Toyota: And we're done here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielsV said:
Hmm

https://twitter.com/GCKRX/status/1050012828525101056

Yes, yes I would. I think the Megane would nicely fill the gap left by the Focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
- The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
- In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
- The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
- Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JorritVD said:
Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
- The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
- In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
- The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
- Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry about "off-topic" but just had a laugh at Assetto Corsa Competizione's update 0.2 changelog which included VR support:

0.2
– Fixed “No VR no buy”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMMcBabe said:
Malkael said:
CMMcBabe said:
Malkael said:
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
A lot of it makes me think of Millstream-Chichester, which then makes me nostalgically sigh.
Ah, mentioning that sure brings back some childhood memories. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to get quite that far north again in WA for a while. The Pilbara and Kimberley regions of the state can be quite magical though, well recommend anyone taking the time to visit them. Have fortunately been among the Perth Hills and Wheatbelt more recently though when I'm not in the city, so pretty familiar with that landscape and its seasonal variations. Which when it is summer pretty much consistent of being as dry as a bone, haha.
WA is gorgeous.  I travelled from Broome to Perth a few years ago and loved it.  Got off the plane in jeans in 40 degree temperature, that was horrible.
"Horrible"
You silly Brits just like to complain about the weather. Try Florida.
tbtstt said:
Not really gossip, but Petter Solberg testing the Polo R5 ahead of it's tarmac debut:



I know the differences in this model have already been mentioned, but I wonder if any of the returning R5's (specifically thinking of the Fiesta) will be tweaked for DR2.0? 
Light pods? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:

Jepsertti said:
Areyouben said:
I’d rather have the R3 class to be honest. Most of them FWD, but quicker, and opens the door for a BRZ R3 as well. We have the historic FWD class to fill up the entry level FWD’s.
R2 class is a lot more popular than R3. Also no such thing as BRZ R3 exists because the Toyota GT86 CS-R3 is the only car classified to R3 class from the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 lineup and we all know how the relationship between Toyota and Codemasters is.
It's not just Codemasters, Toyota doesn't want to see their cars in racing games anymore. They just make an exception for Gran Turismo because Polyphony Digital is Japanese.
Milestone must have an agreement with them, as the Celica GT4 and GT86 appeared in both Seb Loeb Rally Evo and Gravel.

And Kunos for Assetto Corsa

And SMS for Project CARS 1 and 2

And Polyphony Digital with GT Sport.

It is literally only Codemasters they won't work with based on a falling out a long time ago which doesn't seem to have been resolved and looks like it never will be.
I'd love to know what Codemasters said to annoy Toyota so much: did someone crack a turbo restrictor joke or something?
*in meeting*
Toyota: So, we were looking at your simulation data for our Celica and we were thinking the car could use another 20 hp to get a more realistic performance figure.
Codemasters: We see. So, cheating again, I guess?
Toyota: And we're done here...
Some say while the final touches on the licencing contract were being made, the Toyota spokesperson heard someone talk about Wales Rally GB '98, and tore up the paper. Always so close to the finish line, with Toyotas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
- The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
- In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
- The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
- Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).
ARX DLC bonus?  Maybe a free add on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I still have my money on an «arx» dlc with usa rx + the cars from the championship. Not sure what the two other tracks/locations would be though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.
Yes, but licences.

We won't see BeamNG levels of damage for a long time unless manufacturers will take the pole out of their arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.
Yes, but licences.

We won't see BeamNG levels of damage for a long time unless manufacturers will take the pole out of their arse.
That along with the extra hardware power needed for that kind of deformation and particle physics. BeamNG is a bit of a powerhouse to run smoothly because there is so much going on. The driving physics are also pretty basic compared to something like DR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Im not sure it would need excessive visual damage. I mean, I play cockpit anyway. But I'd rather an extra layer of jeapordy. If I roll my car at 100mph and drive away pretty much unscathed except for an overheating engine it sort of removes that element of risk .but I guess manufacturers don't like potential customers finding out that their car might be a write off after a 100mph 10 roll crash into some pine trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
- The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
- In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
- The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
- Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).
ARX DLC bonus?  Maybe a free add on?
Yeah, I wondered if it could be part of the initial DLC package(s); two of the three circuits from this years ARX season are already in the initial track list. If the CotA track was added as DLC then they could, potentially, throw in a few additional cars (the Focus and Subaru would probably be easiest) and turn it into an ARX DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×