DiRTy Gossip Thread

Rallystu2 said:
What little we saw of Poland in that clip looks great .Looks a little wide but I guess it looks much narrower through the cockpit view. 09:41 on the clock which seems a decent sized stage although that may be 'casual' driving. 

Still gagging to know how many unique miles per event we are getting?!
Where do you see the 9? I only see :41

Edit: Nevermind  :D

dwkGravey said:
That’s not the Polish flag  :#               
I think it's the Monte Carlo flag. But I'm guessing they intended it to go the other way round

bogani said:
Rallystu2 said:
What little we saw of Poland in that clip looks great .Looks a little wide but I guess it looks much narrower through the cockpit view. 09:41 on the clock which seems a decent sized stage although that may be 'casual' driving. 

Still gagging to know how many unique miles per event we are getting?!
Where do you see the 9? I only see :41
The full clock in the top left reads 09:41.098

Rallystu2 said:
dwkGravey said:
I think it's the Monte Carlo flag. But I'm guessing they intended it to go the other way round
I love European flags. A lot of them are the same, just upside down, backwards, or orange instead of red.

Rallystu2 said:
dwkGravey said:
It would be indeed the flag of Monaco. Now, it's possible that whoever runs DiRT's Instagram (Christina?) accidentally put the Polish flag emoji the other way round. Or, that could be a hint to a certain famous rally in that certain famous principality...

JZStudios said:
Rallystu2 said:
dwkGravey said:
I love European flags. A lot of them are the same, just upside down, backwards, or orange instead of red.
When Kris Meeke ended up in a snowbank in this year's Monte rally, there was a flag of either Italy or Ireland but due to the not exactly amazing quality of WRC onboards no one could tell which one it was  :|

Well, it's a surprisingly common mistake, with the polish flag, but the roads itself look good. Been to this rally many, many times and it seems quite similar 

P.S look at the time, over 9 minutes and not at the end yet. That's quite a long stage and I like it

Julo264 said:
Well, it's a surprisingly common mistake, with the polish flag, but the roads itself look good. Been to this rally many, many times and it seems quite similar 

P.S look at the time, over 9 minutes and not at the end yet. That's quite a long stage and I like it
I agree, both environment and the road looks accurate.

The stages are long in Poland so I really hope they will try to make it as long as possible.

There was a dedicated Rally Poland game back in the day, exclusive to Poland. I translated it via my Polish wife (and one of the co drivers spoke English so you can replace the others with that, haha).

Some sample gameplay. It feels like Xpand Rally or something like that: 

https://youtu.be/6r7A4O-GPS4

I'm sure they'll have a Skoda R5 . The R5 class would look great with the Citroen,fiesta, Skoda and VW in it.

Rallystu2 said:
I'm sure they'll have a Skoda R5 . The R5 class would look great with the Citroen,fiesta, Skoda and VW in it.

I very much doubt it will be in the game at launch; Citroen, Ford and VW we know about already, hopefully the Hyundai makes a comeback and maybe the Peugeot too. If a Fabia makes it, I'd guess it will 'headline' one of the DLCs.

Skoda is part of VW group, are they particularly much harder to license?
If I recall correctly Skoda have proved problematic in the past. If remember rightly Skoda(s) were mentioned in an early build of DiRT 3, but never made it to the final game due to licensing difficulties. 

Oscar97 said:
Aren't Volkswagen replacing the Skoda R5 with the new Polo R5?
I don't believe they are replacing it? Both companies (although obviously connected at a higher level) are continuing to run their own R5 programs. 

There was a dedicated Rally Poland game back in the day, exclusive to Poland. I translated it via my Polish wife (and one of the co drivers spoke English so you can replace the others with that, haha).

I had this game and it was straight up horrible. Pshycis, graphics, and generally gameplay was really bad, though two good things were Skoda's? and different co-drivers for each crew. Stages were ok-ish, but quite short

Oscar97 said:
Aren't Volkswagen replacing the Skoda R5 with the new Polo R5?
Doubt it, look at GT3 (Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini) and TCR (Audi, Seat, VW) for examples of 3+ VAG brands competing against each other in customer racing. Competition makes the sport more interesting, resulting in higher sales and more coverage.

Skoda is part of VW group, are they particularly much harder to license?
They are run as completely separate companies in this regard - see Audi's annoying "only real liveries" rule in several games. I will never understand why Skoda are apparently reluctant - motorsport has arguably been a reason behind their amazing rise under VAG - but it seems they are.

Not exactly breaking news as it was kinda expected, but Codies pretty much confirmed Friday for the livestream on Twittah  B)

Julo264 said:k

I had this game and it was straight up horrible. Pshycis, graphics, and generally gameplay was really bad, though two good things were Skoda's? and different co-drivers for each crew. Stages were ok-ish, but quite short
Yeah it's not great, but far from the worst rally game (I have them all on PC!). You can, however, compare the opening super special stage from this game, at Mikołajki, with the latest version of the same track, in WRC7, for laughs!

Rallystu2 said:

I very much doubt it will be in the game at launch; Citroen, Ford and VW we know about already, hopefully the Hyundai makes a comeback and maybe the Peugeot too. If a Fabia makes it, I'd guess it will 'headline' one of the DLCs.
The Skoda isn't new in the R5 class. Unlike the Citroen C3 and the Polo, which were homologated this year and are now making waves. Comparatively the Skoda is an old-timer, around since 2015. Would still love to have it though.

You know what, if I recall correctly, someone posted a fake screenshot of a Skoda Fabia R5 at the start of a Polish stage. It was a real picture but the car was being filmed at an angle that looked like chase cam. Codies have Poland and if the Skoda is in too, take a legit screenshot in the same position, just for fun :D

Rallystu2 said:

The Skoda isn't new in the R5 class. Unlike the Citroen C3 and the Polo, which were homologated this year and are now making waves. Comparatively the Skoda is an old-timer, around since 2015. Would still love to have it though.

You know what, if I recall correctly, someone posted a fake screenshot of a Skoda Fabia R5 at the start of a Polish stage. It was a real picture but the car was being filmed at an angle that looked like chase cam. Codies have Poland and if the Skoda is in too, take a legit screenshot in the same position, just for fun :D

Aye, I just feel that they would have announced this one already if they had it. They've announced the Citroen and VW and I suspect that's because they're new cars to the DiRT series. That's the R5 'modern headline' cars sorted I reckon, so I doubt they'll have the Skoda for launch. Hope I'm wrong, but just a hunch (based on the previous Skoda history with DiRT games too).