DiRTy Gossip Thread

They have clearly planned an investment in two DLC packs, I applaud this, seriously.

Needless to say (but that won't stop me) that a third and even further season DLCs will require the first two being successful, so we gotta but them so they will\can make more of them.

I'd like to buy the first two soon as part of a pre-order, but don't feel like there's anything like enough info about them or the game itself yet.

[insert tumbleweed gif here]

I agree they should perhaps reveal at least 1 of the seasons before release. Though I am still pre ordering deluxe so I'm a hypocrite 

i never get why websites dont just have a image upload simple process. i been coming here for over 10 years still cant upload a image :D

dgeesi0 said:
i never get why websites dont just have a image upload simple process. i been coming here for over 10 years still cant upload a image :D
They don't want to pay to host our images. Believe me, as a web developer myself, it can get expensive renting hard drive space or Amazon S3 to host the hundreds of thousand of images we gossipers would be constantly uploading.

Annoying, yes. Understandable, also yes. 

dgeesi0 said:
I use Tinypic on here and havent had any issues with it.

dgeesi0 said:
I use Tinypic on here and havent had any issues with it.
I've always used imgur with no issues either

dgeesi0 said:
They don't want to pay to host our images. Believe me, as a web developer myself, it can get expensive renting hard drive space or Amazon S3 to host the hundreds of thousand of images we gossipers would be constantly uploading.

Annoying, yes. Understandable, also yes. 
Yep, gigs of kebab pizza ? there's also the small issue of any copyrighted images, if hosted here with them, could cause Codemasters trouble.

Rallystu2 said:
I agree they should perhaps reveal at least 1 of the seasons before release. Though I am still pre ordering deluxe so I'm a hypocrite 
This will happen! Season 1 content will likely be revealed in January, towards the end of the month. :) 

Rallystu2 said:
This will happen! Season 1 content will likely be revealed in January, towards the end of the month. :) 
You are my sunshine, etc etc

Rallystu2 said:
Great news, thanks for confirming that - glad to see openness and nothing being hidden away and will definitely encourage me to sign up for the season pass / deluxe edition.

Being optimistic, does that mean we can expect the car list for the launch game before that, or would the two not necessarily be related?

Rallystu2 said:
Great news, thanks for confirming that - glad to see openness and nothing being hidden away and will definitely encourage me to sign up for the season pass / deluxe edition.

Being optimistic, does that mean we can expect the car list for the launch game before that, or would the two not necessarily be related?
Since Season 1 should include new cars, I assume by that time we'd know the car list already

carpa said:
Rallystu2 said:

Since Season 1 should include new cars, I assume by that time we'd know the car list already
Well I'd expect a bit of a Christmas present and an info dump. Codies don't want to miss out on Christmas pre orders

By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
No early Christmas present, @christinaMC?

Rallystu2 said:
By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
'Before launch' gives us some wiggle room! It might be more a Happy New Year present though ;)

Speaking of car list, I just checked the start list for Monza Rally Show which will be held this weekend. With an official car for Suninen and three other Fiestas for Rossi, Brivio and Salucci, there is a total of FOUR Ford Fiesta WRC+, which is more than I ever saw in these two years in the WRC...

Here is the full list, for anyone interested (the 911 SC RS is in the same class as the 037, and interestingly the M3 E30 is in the same class as the Delta 16V, although the full tarmac surface may help)
http://www.monzarallyshow.it/doc/2018/elenco_iscritti-entry_list.pdf

Rallystu2 said:
'Before launch' gives us some wiggle room! It might be more a Happy New Year present though ;)
I still have a feeling we'll see at least one new car before Christmas. No insider information, just a hunch

Rallystu2 said:
I still have a feeling we'll see at least one new car before Christmas. No insider information, just a hunch
https://youtu.be/NrI-UBIB8Jk

Looks like Oliver Solberg got some seat time back in february in the Focus RS RX. It was for filming for Ghymkhana 10. Hope this nice plain livery comes to DR2.0.