DiRTy Gossip Thread

JorritVD said:
Looks like Oliver Solberg got some seat time back in february in the Focus RS RX. It was for filming for Ghymkhana 10. Hope this nice plain livery comes to DR2.0.

The segment with Oliver is featured in episode 6 of The Gymkhana Files. Episodes 7 and 8 (which includes Gymkhana 10) will be available on Amazon tomorrow. 

As for the Focus RS RX I would think it's inclusion might be dependant on an ARX DLC pack: the RS RX didn't run in World RX this year and I wonder if that means it won't be in DR2.0. 

I don't like to say it, but I think the Focus will be DLC this time around. But we got the Impreza which also wasn't in WRX this year so who knows really. Well except for the codies. They know it all

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
Looks like Oliver Solberg got some seat time back in february in the Focus RS RX. It was for filming for Ghymkhana 10. Hope this nice plain livery comes to DR2.0.

The segment with Oliver is featured in episode 6 of The Gymkhana Files. Episodes 7 and 8 (which includes Gymkhana 10) will be available on Amazon tomorrow. 

As for the Focus RS RX I would think it's inclusion might be dependant on an ARX DLC pack: the RS RX didn't run in World RX this year and I wonder if that means it won't be in DR2.0. 
The Subaru wrx STI RX is also not in  FIA WRX 2018, but is in the game, i think Focus RS RX will be in Game, just not sure is it from begining or later per DLC

I don't like to say it, but I think the Focus will be DLC this time around. But we got the Impreza which also wasn't in WRX this year so who knows really. Well except for the codies. They know it all
Well we have seen it in the preview build but, if there is an ARX DLC, I do wonder if we won't see the WRX STI until that comes out. 

I see @ChristinaMc has said that the car list and some DLC content will be revealed pre-launch, so we should know well before 26th February! 

Walking around Ypres market square, home of the Ypres Rally service park in June...

Just saying...
You're a few days too late mate, last weekend we had the Ypres Regularity Rally.

@Rygar86 thanks for you reply :) , but what is replay system ?  , for lengh stages maybe codemasters think the player  is not ready for long  stage, look  dirt 4 in spain you have more 20 km ( and 19 for other country )stage in rally ( in dirt rally 1.0 the more longer  rally   stage have 11km ), wait dirt rally 2.0 maybe the long stage ( 30 km ,maybe 40 or 50 km ) come in to this futur game.  

personally, my only  problem is co-driver error ( example : on dirt 4 , the co driver said the bad  angle of turn  or pin not precise ( you no have info for  close or open note sometimes ).

and for me was good but on dirt rally 1.0 you no have many RX  race because codemaster, before dirt 4 no have RX licence . and the rally stage is limited because after 3 month , you know perfectly the all rally stage . for dirt rally 2.0 i wait normal stage and i wait really more the  generated stage  . and i hope the monthly update (with small dlc) come to this game  ( not all years  but monthly  update during 2 years   should be good  )

would it be real hard to add a feature where by you can "catch" slower car on stage ,whether it'd be dynamic with AI or scripted ,just to add to immersion?

Scripted wouldn't work you'd spot it a mile off like the spin offs in the first grid game. It'd have to be random active dynamic system of some sort

They should just up the percentage of crashed cars on the roadside. I felt it was too sparse in DiRT4
Especially with road position. When starting at the back you should see a lot more cars off the road. From experience I’ve been right at the back before on a stage and passed around 5 or six cars off the road

How long was the stage though?
Percentage-wise, it was probably about right in D4.
Percentage of competitors too; starting at the back in a national event (in the UK) you can have 100 cars starting in front of you. I thought it was right in D4, rare enough that it still surprised you. Crucially, it reflected the actual standings.

Even on short stages like Porlock Hill in Somerset I’ve passed 4 or 5 cars off the road when running at the back. It’s not uncommon to pass a few cars within a short distance of each other too!

If you haven’t seen Porlock before, here’s a clip of my brother doing it a few years ago:
https://youtu.be/6MrIS1jtGhc

Its a a really great tarmac stage, I actually prefer it to the Great Orme! He also does a pretty dodgy overtake at 3:40

edit: watching that back, he actually passes about 4 cars on that run

Not sure if it's been posted or not, but here is a lengthy(100+ minutes!) interview with Paul Coleman.

A bit about his background, DR/D4/DR2 and some more about what he's up to now that he left Codies. 

https://youtu.be/IFm1P0B1H7s

bogani said:
Not sure if it's been posted or not, but here is a lengthy(100+ minutes!) interview with Paul Coleman.

A bit about his background, DR/D4/DR2 and some more about what he's up to now that he left Codies. 

https://youtu.be/IFm1P0B1H7s
Is there a transcript or a cliff notes version, I just don't have the time to listen (unfortunately) to 100mins.

Even on short stages like Porlock Hill in Somerset I’ve passed 4 or 5 cars off the road when running at the back. It’s not uncommon to pass a few cars within a short distance of each other too!

If you haven’t seen Porlock before, here’s a clip of my brother doing it a few years ago:

Its a a really great tarmac stage, I actually prefer it to the Great Orme! He also does a pretty dodgy overtake at 3:40

Your brother should be one of the consultants, very smooth drive. Which car is it he was driving though?

Your brother should be one of the consultants, very smooth drive. Which car is it he was driving though?
A modified MG ZR. If you could see his driving on dirt rally then you would understand why he should never be allowed near a consultancy job

A modified MG ZR. If you could see his driving on dirt rally then you would understand why he should never be allowed near a consultancy job
ZR is an outstanding hatch. Nice.

And lol, I'd wish to see him "nailing" stages on DR someday.

Yeah we have two, his and the one in my profile picture which is has a standard engine and gearbox. That picture was actually me and my brother too, but I normally co drive for my dad.

Unfortubately he’s banned from ever using my wheel again. He just crashes into trees and blames the game rather than his shitty driving

Yeah we have two, his and the one in my profile picture which is has a standard engine and gearbox. That picture was actually me and my brother too, but I normally co drive for my dad.

Unfortubately he’s banned from ever using my wheel again. He just crashes into trees and blames the game rather than his **** driving
When’s he making a return to the stages? Assuming he still has SBG?

Unfortubately he’s banned from ever using my wheel again. He just crashes into trees and blames the game rather than his **** driving
When’s he making a return to the stages? Assuming he still has SBG?
When it stops breaking down every time he drives it! He has been talking of selling it and getting something different