DiRTy Gossip Thread

Hopefully we get something today, maybe a road book or a stream? If it is a road book hopefully we will be getting a car lost, as it must be almost finalised by now 
The list is *almost* approved for release. Almost!! There will be some videos next week though...
Next week is 3 days away!! :smiley:

Hopefully we get something today, maybe a road book or a stream? If it is a road book hopefully we will be getting a car lost, as it must be almost finalised by now 
The list is *almost* approved for release. Almost!! There will be some videos next week though...
Can’t wait to see what cars I can wrap around trees!

I am hyped to see this IRL

2019 SRTUSA livery (though this is the RallyCross car) 

gfRally said:

Looks nice except for the rear spoiler. It's like they went to the local tuning parts shop and purposely tried to find the ugliest spoiler they could find and slammed it to the car. :joy:

Jepsertti said:
gfRally said:

Looks nice except for the rear spoiler. It's like they went to the local tuning parts shop and purposely tried to find the ugliest spoiler they could find and slammed it to the car. :joy:
Looks like an R5  B)

bogani said:
Jepsertti said:
gfRally said:

Looks like an R5  B)
Was thinking exactly the same, looks just like the standard R5 wing.

They changed to the normal STI wing on the RX Subaru,  becauseit gave a better balance and the RX wing had to much drag. They noticed this a lot at ARX Canada round and at NitroRX. That's why they cutted the wing at Trois Rivieres and at NRX they changed to the STI wing.

Dont know if something from CM will come today, I at least hope so.

I'd still like to know why The Crew 2 can have this: http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=158186
Which is also in WRC 7: http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=126951

Yet Codemasters would have trouble licensing up-to-date rally cars directly? We see up-to-date F1 cars in other games, licensed directly from the manufacturers, so I'm not sure why WRC would be greatly different.

LutzM said:
It's 6 weeks from today until it will be released for those who preordered...perfect moment for giving us something today :)

Maybe just some more cars, or some stage names or planned locations for DLC or just one simple YES or NO as an answer to the question, if liveries will be editable on PC as they were in D4 @ChristinaMc 

Next week we'll hint at what's coming in DLC! And liveries will be as they were in DiRT 4 - i.e. not officially supported.

LutzM said:
It's 6 weeks from today until it will be released for those who preordered...perfect moment for giving us something today :)

Maybe just some more cars, or some stage names or planned locations for DLC or just one simple YES or NO as an answer to the question, if liveries will be editable on PC as they were in D4 @ChristinaMc 

Next week we'll hint at what's coming in DLC! And liveries will be as they were in DiRT 4 - i.e. not officially supported.

@ChristinaMc  But will they be more like purpose made liveries? Also will there be some plain color choices? Sorry to nag too much.

JorritVD said:
So he is doing high 42's a lap while Kristoffersson is lapping at mid 48's at Trois-Rivieres IRL.

I know curcuits aren't 100% accurate but it really bugs me that lap times are so far apart from real life.

^ AGREE..................turn the "tune " back should be available to mirror RL times ,at least.

bogani said:
JorritVD said:
So he is doing high 42's a lap while Kristoffersson is lapping at mid 48's at Trois-Rivieres IRL.

I know curcuits aren't 100% accurate but it really bugs me that lap times are so far apart from real life.
6 seconds per lap is indeed a ridiculous difference on such short tracks. Think about the time difference in final heats; the time in game would be over half a minute quicker.

Half. A. Minute.

Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
JorritVD said:

6 seconds per lap is indeed a ridiculous difference on such short tracks. Think about the time difference in final heats; the time in game would be over half a minute quicker.

Half. A. Minute.

I'm sure some of that time is down to circuit variations, but not THAT much. 

So is it down to excessive acceleration or ridiculous corner speed abilities? 

In comparison PC2 is a lot closer lap time wise. 

Has anyone thought that Kristofferson might just be really slow?
He's not all that. Fit a PS4 controller in a Polo R and I could take him. 

bogani said:
Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
JorritVD said:

Half. A. Minute.

I'm sure some of that time is down to circuit variations, but not THAT much. 

So is it down to excessive acceleration or ridiculous corner speed abilities? 

In comparison PC2 is a lot closer lap time wise. 

In my opinion it's because of too short braking distances, car being too responsive to steering inputs which makes the car change direction unrealistically quickly, and way too much lateral grip. You can just throw the car sideways into the corners, slam the throttle and get away with it quicker than if you drove cleanly trying to avoid sliding. Based on what I've seen in real onboards they "roll" the car into the corner with left-foot braking and try to grip through the corner with gentle throttle input because the wheelspin they get from going full throttle decreases lateral grip so much that they go further from apex and lose acceleration on corner exit.

In my opinion iRacing did a good job with rallycross physics. Here's one of my videos from bit over a year ago. The lap was driven in very optimal road conditions (almost 2 hours into the practice session with hundreds of laps by the drivers). A "green" track (a clean track without any laps in) is ~3-4 seconds a lap slower.

https://youtu.be/Y60i1e8z6tI

EDIT: Just a clarification: these thoughts are based on my experiences with RX in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. I don't expect rallycross to be radically different in DR2.0 so that's why I decided to write down my thoughts on the lap time issue :mrgreen:

LutzM said:

Not having a go at you personally, but 40 days to go and this is very similar promo strategy as used in DiRT 4 so far, where very little info was released until last minute.

If next week you'll be 'hinting' at the first DLC (which I'm glad to hear will be public knowledge before launch - nice one), will we know more about the base game by then?

Not necessarily the carlist, which I realise you need a lot of signatures on, or highly polished 'trailer' vids, but any word on when we may be able to get answers to some of the questions raised in this thread: https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/142317/50-days-anyone-else-on-the-fence-and-have-questions/p1 especially regarding the amount of stages & kilometres in game? I imagine it's a similar number to DR1, but confirmation would be nice as this must be known.

so who knows whats wrong? Is it physics or simply too much power on straights?
Lol, from one clip of a handwritten leaderboard with no game footage? No.

Couldn't agree with you more. I feel that without breaking the "hype train" we really should be getting much more info on the bread and butter of the game.
The stage miles being my biggest gripe. We should be being told about this stuff as people who invest a lot into cm development and games in general. 
Will it stop me buying the game if the miles are similar to dirt rally? No.
Will it be a disappointment, yes. But I'd rather know ahead of time and have codemasters explain why rather than just being left to find out on release day etc.
Force feedback improvements too I'd like to know about early as I've bought a wheel and rig SPECIFICALLY for the new dirt game and am upgrading my wheel for the new dirt game too which will put my total investment into this single title at over £600.

I fully support cm and have a lot of hope for this title but I just want to know some of the crucial info that is being requested by the community that impacts us greatly. Not car lists or any of that but the real basic day to day functionality and playability of the game.