DiRTy Gossip Thread

Remember DR2.0 is likely built upon the D4 engine base, so there's more likelihood of something working if it worked on D4.

I was kinda waiting for a 3rd pic to show up with a Xsara  :D 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_StxIblU_M

Just too good. But not as good as an Evo sound.

I imagine this footage is from an older build, but the Xite stand at Autosport show lists the Fiesta as Ford Fiesta Rallycross, rather than MKVII.

Also mentions Baumanis, not sure if you've run into his name yet @JorritVD ?

I’ve got a bit of a problem, I downloaded DiRT 3 because my brother wanted to play split screen and now I can’t stop totally uploading clips to YouTube :(

In other news, I’m excited to see what video(s) we are going to get this coming week!

I’ve got a bit of a problem, I downloaded DiRT 3 because my brother wanted to play split screen and now I can’t stop totally uploading clips to YouTube :(

In other news, I’m excited to see what video(s) we are going to get this coming week!
Duuuuude, I can't totally wait for next week either! Hopefully we'll see at least some new cars and info regarding stage lengths etc.

Hopefully it's tomorrow and not next Sunday at 23:59:599 as I'm seriously getting withdrawals. I've watched all of the streams over again and I've been making my way through wrc season reviews on YouTube from 2000 to present day. I'm on 2007 now. Send help.

Rallystu2 said:
Hopefully it's tomorrow and not next Sunday at 23:59:599 as I'm seriously getting withdrawals. I've watched all of the streams over again and I've been making my way through wrc season reviews on YouTube from 2000 to present day. I'm on 2007 now. Send help.
Haha I've been watching old WRC on YT as well, but I'm watching the half hour daily highlights they've put out. Started at 1997 and I'm also on the 2007 season as of know! Good times  B)

I forgot how good the coverage was back then. British rally championship was well covered too. 97-2000 had some great stuff, the old f2 and 1600s. Bit video tapey but great nevertheless 

bogani said:
Rallystu2 said:
Haha I've been watching old WRC on YT as well, but I'm watching the half hour daily highlights they've put out. Started at 1997 and I'm also on the 2007 season as of know! Good times  B)
Heh, I went all out a few years ago and tried to find season reviews from every year from 1973 onward. Unfortunately way too much was missing.

I imagine this footage is from an older build, but the Xite stand at Autosport show lists the Fiesta as Ford Fiesta Rallycross, rather than MKVII.

Also mentions Baumanis, not sure if you've run into his name yet @JorritVD ?
Baumanis was already seen in the announcement video. 

zissakos1 said:
yeah, that's my tool!!!

If the game can read extracted and unencrypted (plain) camera.xml files in their respective folders, it will be compatible with DR2.0.
I understood from KickUp's twitter post regarding Dirt4 that once the files are extracted/unpacked and decrypted, you could leave the files there and the game would read them (no need to encrypt/pack them again back into the .nefs files).

Thanks @zi@zissakos1 I really hope this proves to be the case as that would be a great relief to easily be able to mod any camera in the new game. Thanks for creating this excellent tool!

Looking at the pics of sound recording at the Sainteloc Citroen test, I'm glad they're capturing the new R5 sound too; it has a really unique sounding antilag system.

Looking at the pics of sound recording at the Sainteloc Citroen test, I'm glad they're capturing the new R5 sound too; it has a really unique sounding antilag system.

I just hope the antilag sounds will be more present then in DR2.0.
I found them a bit lacking in DR & D4, especially the group A cars with their really agressive ALS

ALS stuff I'm D4 was much more present, but remember ALS isn't so audible on many cars, as well as in game you tend to trail the throttle more which basically stops the sounds in game.

I'd like all the audio options in DR2.0 to go up to 10 except for the ALS. I would like that to go to 11.

So I went on the Internet and I found this:
https://youtu.be/pdiQDXiCFq8

Talk about some real on-rails handling. I don't understand how someone could play something so popcorn.

So it’s finally up for pre order on the Xbox store. £75 for the digital deluxe edition seems quite steep? £15 extra than the physical version from GAME. I never understand why digital versions on the Xbox store cost more than physical

So it’s finally up for pre order on the Xbox store. £75 for the digital deluxe edition seems quite steep? £15 extra than the physical version from GAME. I never understand why digital versions on the Xbox store cost more than physical
Probably because the stores have to compete with the online store, so they cut the price to get people to come to them instead of just downloading it 

Probably bevause the stores have to compete with the online store, so they cut the price to get people to come to them instead of just downloading it 
That makes no sense. Stores tend to charge more because they have overheads to cover. 

Online costs more because people are inherently lazy and will pay more for the convenience of getting a game (or anything else) without the wait for the post/trip to the shops. 

The strange thing here in the Netherlands (and probably everywhere) is that physical games were €60 in the stores long before the digital market existed, those prices never changed in the last 15 years. So it's not the physical market that dropped in price but rather the digital market that started out €10-€15 more expensive right from the get go. I would actually expect the digital market to be cheaper as all they need to cover is hosting costs, whereas the physical market needs more expensive physical storage and shipping.

Or simply because the store version isn't deluxe, doesn't include the 2 DLCs.

Same £75 price on the Playstation store.

Heck, it's £65 on Codemasters' own store for PC (same as on Steam) - does make me think they're valuing the DLCs around £15 each (seeing as they're £20 more for both if bought in advance).

And despite asking for this price (which is fair enough IMO if the game is as good as DR1), we still can't get answers on basic things like how many stages there are in game or whether certain retailers' "exclusive DLC" is access to a car or an unlock of it. Let's wait and see what 'hints' this week brings though...

Apparently I can’t maths as it is £69.99 at GAME, so it’s only £5 more expensive digitally. But it’s the same for most games, red dead was £10 more for digital than it was in store, I don’t understand as there’s no manufacturing/shipping costs.
I’ll probably save myself £5 and just get the physical release, looks like you can still get the four days early access from GAME, I guess they will ship it earlier than the standard editions

Apparently I can’t maths as it is £69.99 at GAME, so it’s only £5 more expensive digitally. But it’s the same for most games, red dead was £10 more for digital than it was in store, I don’t understand as there’s no manufacturing/shipping costs.
I’ll probably save myself £5 and just get the physical release, looks like you can still get the four days early access from GAME, I guess they will ship it earlier than the standard editions
Good spot - the £60 one from Game is for the PC, which is also £5 cheaper than Steam/Codemasters and comes with the mysterious Opel Kadett DLC - is it a car, is it an unlock - who knows?