DiRTy Gossip Thread

JZStudios said:
Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
The symbols on the left page look similar to the code that is partially visible on the right? Is that something? 
Notes in the right shows alphabet following code 191 and forwards in the extended ASCII table. So you can translate the symbols on the left page by using that. I'm at work so won't do it, but if anyone has the time and inclination....
Seems like no one cares about this at this point, but I might just point out that I am NOT a "code" writer. I might have to [REDACTED] and my coa=b has a fl#x+x
I am flat out with work this week so, sadly, I haven't got any time for codebreaking! 

Hi all, got some quick questions about Dirt Rally 2.0.

Has Codemasters mentioned what their targeted graphical settings are for Xbox One X at all?
60fps is a given but are we going to see 4K or HDR?

Also, any word on if there will be a way to import our controller configurations from DiRT Rally?

Finally, any word on if there will be a way to share and download setups in-game on console?

I want to know if the Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0 will be released on a physical/retail version in the United States?  Or is it digital only?  C'mon Codemasters, you have to answer me sometime  :'(

I want to know if the Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0 will be released on a physical/retail version in the United States?  Or is it digital only?  C'mon Codemasters, you have to answer me sometime  :'(
I don't believe so, digital only over here i'm afraid.

Back to some (modding) gossip...

I've just checked the gamestop.de link someone posted yesterday and there is a version where Fiat 131 and Alpine A110 1600 are shown.
The A110 is blue without any sponsor and the Fiat 131 comes in the well known Walter Röhrl livery.

So I would say that cars come in one-colour-liveries, as in DR, which makes modding a lot easier!!!
That's good news...

We just need someone who does the 3d-models after release...

The most comprehensive answer I've received in a month, haha.  I keep clinging to hope, but I have already seen the physical versions of the deluxe available to the UK for a while now...  Not much hope for this region, to say the least.

I'm assuming the content from the Deluxe version WILL be available for purchase after the game is released at a comparable price point?

I still prefer the aesthetics of a physical copy on my shelf so digital simply does not work for me  :'(

The most comprehensive answer I've received in a month, haha.  I keep clinging to hope, but I have already seen the physical versions of the deluxe available to the UK for a while now...  Not much hope for this region, to say the least.

I'm assuming the content from the Deluxe version WILL be available for purchase after the game is released at a comparable price point?

I still prefer the aesthetics of a physical copy on my shelf so digital simply does not work for me  :'(

You can always do this:  :)

Where's this video? I've watched the existing streams too many times. Even noticed in the Poland r5 stream on the cobbled section there's a marshal walking.WALKING! Theyre supposed to stand still, its a computer game. 

Think I need rest now.

Waitin' for the new video...come on you guys at Codies

Rallystu2 said:
Where's this video? I've watched the existing streams too many times. Even noticed in the Poland r5 stream on the cobbled section there's a marshal walking.WALKING! Theyre supposed to stand still, its a computer game. 

Think I need rest now.
Lol, good spot - never noticed.

Wouldn't expect too much from today's vid, I suspect (complete guess) it'll be one of those short 'insight' ones.

Or another vid of the porche.... I mean I like the car but there is something about having almost all the promotion videoes with a preorder car that irks me

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1085899541344370688
I'm still not convinced with the way the sky looks expecially with low sun, and how the light reacts with the 'virtual camera' we seem to be looking into. This is mostly noticeable in RX though...

Well, fair play, it's RX - I'll come back tomorrow ;)

@JorritVD @tbtstt what do you reckon, I see Barcelona and Mettet but any 'non-launch' tracks being shown in a snippet here?

not a RX fan but from what i did like was the damage shown on the crash with the wing. B)

DLC there will be Class of Group B RX

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/01/dirt-rally2-worldrx/

Well, fair play, it's RX - I'll come back tomorrow ;)

@JorritVD @tbtstt what do you reckon, I see Barcelona and Mettet but any 'non-launch' tracks being shown in a snippet here?

Can't talk right now @RodgerDavies. Too busy watching the trailer on repeat. 

Oscar97 said:
It's 11:45 in the UK. Give them some time.
I'm in the UK too. 11:45 is late evening.....well when you have a 1 year old hell bent on world destruction that is. 

Video looks cool despite it not being Rally. I'm not sure if there's any new Info. Interesting it mentions a new championship mode, what's to be gleaned from this, RX nerds?

No mention of the subaru. Wonder what happened to it.

and the group b rx dlc seemes kinda scetchy hope we get some additional group b machines outside of the dirt 4 ones and some classic tracks. Estering is a obvious one for that

Ok, as I don't mind all those RX things now show us tomorrows vid please :-)

Not sure how I feel about car classes in DLC. What if you want to play with them online? Are you restricted to playing with people who also own the DLC? And what about daily/weekly/monthly challenges? That's exactly what made Grid 2's multiplayer terrible, you'd buy DLC and wouldn't be able to use them online unless everybody in the lobby also had it. I also don't know if adding cars that were already in the last game is a good idea. Especially group B cars which will be in the game at launch too, just in another discipline.

No mention of the subaru. Wonder what happened to it.
The rallycross Subaru? I am still calling an ARX DLC including the ARX cars and CotA.
and the group b rx dlc seemes kinda scetchy hope we get some additional group b machines outside of the dirt 4 ones and some classic tracks. Estering is a obvious one for that
I am hoping for proper (period specification) Group B rallycross cars. Lydden is surely a favourite for a track with a Group B pack as well. 

Just had a slow watch of the trailer, I agree with you @RodgerDavies. The shots from 0:04 onwards all look like Silverstone (nnot sure if memory is going or they have tweaked turn 5 slightly), 0:23 is unquestionably turn one at Barcelona (the 2018 layout) and 0:33 is obviously Mettet.