DiRTy Gossip Thread

JZStudios said:
I see FAR less DLC, micro-transactions, and loot boxes in Japanese games than western ones.
Have you heard of a little company called Capcom?

People complaining that grpB RX being DLC because it was in a previous game don't make any sense.

It's not like DR2.0 is releasing with less content, people keep forgetting that we haven't been told half the cars coming in the base release yet, we only know the number, which is comparable with DR.
It makes all the sense. It's content that was previously available being gated off behind a paywall. it's not like they have SO MUCH work if they can't bo bothered to make EGO really modern. It's high time to adapt some proper multi-threading, async compute (DX 12 / Vulkan) and newer AA.

These two videos accurately sum up what's happening in "simracing" genre. The first one is just like the situation with Group B RX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21rU8eL6f8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbbgVZObW8

It's fairly clear you don't quite get this, additionally you're talking about engine development.

1) were not talking about engine development, that's another conversation.

2) a) you have never had anything previously available in DR2.0.
b) nothing is being gated
c) instead of including previously created assets in this new release, they release new content instead.  (remember this is a DR successor, not D4) 

As DLC, they are making some older content available in the new release.

Would you rather they released the content in the base game instead of the new stuff? Or do you think that game development is always <content developed since dawn of time> should always be included as there is zero work to put it in the new game?

@F2CMaDMaXX good post, +1

I'm personally surprised they've taken this approach as the 'easy' way would be to save the content that's new to the series until after launch, but to pretend there'll be no work to bring content to the new standard in DR2 is vastly underestimating the work needed IMO. And I say that as someone who's disappointed in the news as I have no interest in RX content.

Could be wrong, but the 'page not found' graphic on DR2's website may be a pic of a Mini in Argentina (showcasing some hardcore damage mode).

I was going to write a long reply about things but... I'd probably get into trouble so I'm just going to get me some popcorn :grimace:

It's fairly clear you don't quite get this, additionally you're talking about engine development.

c) instead of including previously created assets in this new release, they release new content instead.  (remember this is a DR successor, not D4) 

Would you rather they released the content in the base game instead of the new stuff? Or do you think that game development is always <content developed since dawn of time> should always be included as there is zero work to put it in the new game?
Saying that stuff is new because DR 2.0 somehow isn't a sequel to D4 is just the kid of bullcrap they want you to believe. I don't think that anyone should be happy to hear about DLC before the game even launches but due to current gaming climate, it somehow sounds good compared to lootbox stuff. Thing is, just because something is less predatory and shitty, doesn't mean it's fine.

Nothing is being gated - 3 RX circuits, group B RX, two rally locations and some Rally cars. Do you honestly think that those aren't like 80% done already?

RodgerDavies said:
Could be wrong, but the 'page not found' graphic on DR2's website may be a pic of a Mini in Argentina (showcasing some hardcore damage mode).

I would say that maybe NZ or Australia.

Nothing is being gated - 3 RX circuits, group B RX, two rally locations and some Rally cars. Do you honestly think that those aren't like 80% done already?
Do you honestly think those would have been done if there weren't a profitable incentive to do them?

I'm very happy to hear Codemasters are letting us know what they are selling with the season pass before the game is released, I wouldn't consider purchasing it if I didn't have some sort of idea what I was getting.

Again, you entirely missed the point, and honestly i don't think you've been in gaming long enough to understand how games work, worked and are developed. 

You seem to be saying that if something is done, or nearly done, then it should be released, you're basically saying, oops, we developed more than a games worth of content, let's just release it all in the game anyway.

THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS.

What part of the base game has been cut down?  Are they releasing less cars? are they releasing less locations?  How do you think they come up with the amount of release content?  do you think it's an arbitrary thought? sheer chance?  It's a calculated amount based on designed content and return for investment. 

Again, do you think they're releasing a cut down base game?

And how does developing a new engine, from scratch, while cutting off a revenue stream, supposed to make sense...

urgaffel said:
I was going to write a long reply about things but... I'd probably get into trouble so I'm just going to get me some popcorn :grimace:

Ahhh, when @urgaffel is eating popcorn you know the release is closing in  B)

urgaffel said:

Get into trouble! We’ll have your back, we promise!

urgaffel said:

Get into trouble! We’ll have your back, we promise!
Yeah! Don't u know that rules are meant to be broken!

That hardcore damage model and unique stage km' s are still to be revealed. When might we expect this? Just over a month to go now!

Just did some search on stuff and found these things:
https://www.xboxracer.com/dirt-rally-2-0-decouvrez-le-contenu-du-fia-world-rallycross-championship/
https://www.portallos.com.br/2019/01/18/mais-de-dirt-rally-2-0-em-novo-video-world-rx-in-motion/
https://www.takuminosekai.com/dirt-rally-2-0-decouvrez-le-contenu-du-fia-world-rallycross-championship/
https://pressakey.com/news,8925,DiRT-Rally-2-Inhalte-zur-FIA-World-Rallycross-Meisterschaft-enthuellt,.html
Nothing new really, but some great shots :) hope we have this photomode in game :)

https://twitter.com/EternalLeeHD/statuses/1085162685396860928

https://twitter.com/SimonHOfficial/status/1085570796590940160

https://twitter.com/SimonHOfficial/status/1085224687959973888

@Oscar97 there definitely would be to me, I was trying to think of a suitable mid engined car to join the front and rear engine RGTs we know about; now it's confirmed, that would be ideal RGT DLC fodder IMO.

Probably one of Poland.                                

elrojodp8 said:
jon said on instagram that the longest stage of the game is 20 km... 
Link?
That would seriously open up the possibility, that we might get Full-Length stages of the DR1 DLCs. 20km full Col de Turini, 20km Sweden, or 20km Panzerplatte plus extra Vineyard-stage maybe...?

I will be honest - I'm happy group b Rx is DLC. I wouldn't play it anyway probably. Never did in the past so...

SkyRex 
I could not answer your question but I would just like to understand ( is first time i  see this , i just want understand if you have time to explain me because i discover )
A=1 B=2 ( or A/S) C=3 D=B/T  E= 2  F=3 ( or C/U ) G=? H= D/V  I=2 J =3 , HJL=2

i have small question 
why the first line A,B, C,D....)  symbole is not same  the than second line look A in first line is B in second line ( in left midle )  ?  for me is (second line AHBFEAH  no BPDLJBP) ( first line ?PDL?BP) (  why the B is have 3 different symbole ?)

in midle line in find maybe 
( BBP??DFCIHPH )

and to find S, V, T, U 
in electrotechnique ( is french translate ) i use P=U*I but is possible to change the formule look P=UxI or I=P/U or U=P/I  maybe is same problem for you
sorry mute the annoying song is french but with pics you understand 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Nvf-bzPzI 

SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
jon said on instagram that the longest stage of the game is 20 km... 
Link?
That would seriously open up the possibility, that we might get Full-Length stages of the DR1 DLCs. 20km full Col de Turini, 20km Sweden, or 20km Panzerplatte plus extra Vineyard-stage maybe...?
Jon said it on his Instagram story.