DiRTy Gossip Thread

I bet the announcement at 2 pm is a sneaky way to test if the new forum is working properly 😂

Just now, CMSeanWilkins said:

I've removed the restriction.

Hurrah, the list threads can live on! Cheers!

• Haha 1

Just now, BotaCalor said:

I bet the announcement at 2 pm is a sneaky way to test if the new forum is working properly 😂

The rest of the forum is actually still locked: they are just using the DiRT section for testing as they know we will be the first lot back!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The rest of the forum is actually still locked: they are just using the DiRT section for testing as they know we will be the first lot back!

That's a good theory. I agree. 

A 2010 WRC car class reveal would be a pretty good test for the new forum. :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, BotaCalor said:

Announcing this bad boy + VR to test the thread to the limit

2019-02-08_11-54-15.jpg

Haha, the Yaris WRC is my call for the 2PM announcement as well: if the forum can handle the influx of traffic it would get from that, then it can handle anything! 

• Thanks 1

I hate this new forum layout. Everything is huge and clunky and daft.

I am not 97 years old yet, I can still see small letters you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

I hate this new forum layout. Everything is huge and clunky and daft.

I am not 97 years old yet, I can still see small letters you know.

I like the fact that images are displayed better now, but I agree about the size of the main forum menus. Everything seems way too spaced out. 

I'm embracing the change, I'll give it a week to get used to it and then reveal my full judgement. I like that a lot of things are easier. It's a bit bright but I've been in the dark bowels of discord for a week.

Upset about losing my rep. These things are important when your reputation in real life is so lacking.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I'm embracing the change, I'll give it a week to get used to it and then reveal my full judgement. I like that a lot of things are easier. It's a bit bright but I've been in the dark bowels of discord for a week.

Upset about losing my rep. These things are important when your reputation in real life is so lacking.

That's a fair call. It all seems a bit in your face, but I may get used to it. 

Shame to see all the badges go: Lee issued us some of those when the last forum was launched! 

• Sad 1

I hate this red borders. My eyes 😬 Anyway i give it a few days and i'll get used to it

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Our rep has gone!? But, but, my fake internet points? I was a valid top 10 all time leader 😞

1 minute ago, RallyDriven said:

Our rep has gone!? But, but, my fake internet points? I was a valid top 10 all time leader 😞

We should protest. I was going for the most rapid rise award.

3 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I know. Our status as top 10 coolest people on the internet, gone!

• Haha 1

Just now, tbtstt said:

I know. Our status as top 10 coolest people on the internet, gone!

How are people supposed to know how funny I am? I valued that almost as much as my precious, precious Reddit karma!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems to be an improvement for mobile, so far.  But on the desktop, it doesn’t translate as well. 

• Like 2

Mobile is definitely better, not sure of the red border of the desktop version but that actual functionality itself is a lot smoother!

Shame my profile picture and rep hasn't carried over unless it will soon and this is just temporary?

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken

I only ever use mobile. It’s going to take some getting used to. I would like the ‘agree’ and ‘diagree’ reacts to come back, other than that it seems good

• Like 2