DiRTy Gossip Thread

23 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I can’t feel special if I’m not on it! Can everyone just pretend I said something funny and laugh react to this please?

It's OK @RallyDriven, I remember that time when you were funny. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CMSeanWilkins said:

Embedding should work, I'm looking into this now. 

We'll explore the possibility of theme choices in the near future as well, likely dark mode/smaller width.

It's more on the vertical side, I can barely see more than two posts on my screen...

Youtube test :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsb3W-qFaX4

Edited by toninus

Not sure if I like these new forums or not.

It looks fresh and more stylish but I really miss the compact and straightforward layout of the old forum. Maybe it just takes some time to get used to.

• Agree 1

I'm liking the new layouts. Needs a bit more gutter on either side, but I like it overall

1 minute ago, SkyRex said:

We're back, yay! Ace Combat 7 bridged the gap perfectly, now Rally Gossip is back in my daily life 🙂

So burning questions time: Why is the Evo VI still in Grp A? Create a "millenial"-class please for all late 90's and (DLC-)early-00's maybe?

Because we'd first need a 2000s class to put the car in... (😉winkwink wink Codies) 

1 minute ago, Jepsertti said:

Not sure if I like these new forums or not.

It looks fresh and more stylish but I really miss the compact and straightforward layout of the old forum. Maybe it just takes some time to get used to.

I'm sure we'll come to like it, with any new thing it will take getting used to

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, toninus said:

It's more on the vertical side, I can barely see more than two posts on my screen...

Youtube test :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsb3W-qFaX4

Why isn't it embedding videos anymore?

Hmmmmmm

.....*clonk*.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uvx8VaCh1UE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

no...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvx8VaCh1UE

also no...

https://youtu.be/uvx8VaCh1UE

hmmm it shows a message like "Youtube does not allow embedding of that video", but it is same for all videos.

Seems like a bug to me, no?

EDIT:

ah yeah, very good. Continuing bug testing of new forum! 🙂

Edited by SkyRex

3 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

VR ! Ok so now, I don't want to see more NoVRNoBuy!

#No2000WRCnobuy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

We're back, yay! Ace Combat 7 bridged the gap perfectly, now Rally Gossip is back in my daily life 🙂

I am so glad AC7 came out when it did: it has made the wait for DR2.0 a bit less painful!

25 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

So burning questions time: Why is the Evo VI still in Grp A? Create a "millenial"-class please for all late 90's and (DLC-)early-00's maybe?

Keep dreaming! 😃 A split 2000cc class is what many want, but we need some sign of 2000cc cars first. 

• Agree 1

The best part of this isn't the VR is that the VR people will finally stop complaining. Unless they start complaining about it not being psvr or vive

• Thanks 2

Just now, KingOfCoins said:

The best part of this isn't the VR is that the VR people will finally stop complaining. Unless they start complaining about it not being psvr or vive

Just check the comments on Twitter. #NoPSVRNoBuy is up next...

• Haha 3

Well hopefully the announcement of VR mean that the comment section of the DiRT Facebook will have something other than crying VR owners in it now. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, carpa said:

Just check the comments on Twitter. #NoPSVRNoBuy is up next...

That's crazy. 😯

They will find a way. They always find a way.... 

#whiners

• Thanks 1

Just about to kick my campaign off on Facebook...

#NoBuyBecauseTheyGaveInToVR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd just like to say I hate the way the vocal minority of VR users have behaved and this #novrnobuy BS and it's quite sad the rest of us are getting lumped in with that lot and VR as a whole is getting ridiculed. I've expressed my want for it and left it at that. It didn't help that some forum users poked the bear at times.

It's been announced and we're happy! Still gonna give my life away to DR2.0 on my monitor until its released.

My 2 cents.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I'd just like to say I hate the way the vocal minority of VR users have behaved and this #novrnobuy BS and it's quite sad the rest of us are getting lumped in with that lot and VR as a whole is getting ridiculed. I've expressed my want for it and left it at that. It didn't help that some forum users poked the bear at times.

It's been announced and we're happy! Still gonna give my life away to DR2.0 on my monitor until its released.

My 2 cents.

Indeed. I have no probs with people saying "Hey, please include VR, it's awesome" but a big part of the VR brigade behaves like entitled man-children and just proceeded to call Codemasters all kinds of crazy ****. 

• Like 2

#NoMoneyNoBuy would be more honest at this point...

Edited by toninus
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1