DiRTy Gossip Thread

Yeah that was my biggest issue with it too. I'm all for VR but i really hate this "You cant go back after trying VR" attitude a lot of them had. Because I honestly don't believe them

8 minutes ago, bogani said:

Indeed. I have no probs with people saying "Hey, please include VR, it's awesome" but a big part of the VR brigade behaves like entitled man-children and just proceeded to call Codemasters all kinds of crazy ****. 

Unfortunately there will always be those people in any community. It just got exacerbated by non-VR users wading into the thread topic about this particular subject and deliberately making trouble.

5 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Yeah that was my biggest issue with it too. I'm all for VR but i really hate this "You cant go back after trying VR" attitude a lot of them had. Because I honestly don't believe them

That is your opinion and it needs to be respected. I am one of the people that finds it very hard to go back to monitor use after VR but that is my opinion and should also be respected. I wouldn't call it an attitude, more like people who are passionate about this new technology and want to get the best out of it. Not speaking for all of them, some of them were tools.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Agree 2

Does this mean that if I keep banging on about Ireland I'll Definitley get it? Sweeeeeeeeet

• Like 1

My question here is : how will CM implemente the VR functionality in DR2 ?

In a DLC 2 : even those people like me who has no VR system will have to pay for a DLC and have the VR game functionality.

In a separate game : like DR1 I think.

correct me if I am wrong on this.

Edited by JamesMcAdam

3 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Does this mean that if I keep banging on about Ireland I'll Definitley get it? Sweeeeeeeeet

We need #NoIrishStagesNoBuy and #No2000CCNoBuy trending, pronto!

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

We need #NoIrishStagesNoBuy and #No2000CCNoBuy trending, pronto!

I launch the hashtag on twitter!

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesMcAdam said:

My question here is : how will CM implemente the VR functionality in DR2 ?

In a DLC 2 : even those people like who has no VR system will have to have

In a separate game : like DR1 I think.

correct me if I am wrong on this.

It wasn't in a seperate game for DR1, it was an update and detected that I had a Rift plugged in so its probably the same for this.

They also released it on the Oculus store so that might be where you're getting confused,

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Nope. But that means @urgaffel will bang his head on the wall for some more time, or hide in the mountains. Of Ireland. 

But at least now they have appeased the people who want to drive around a baron, desolate, foliage deprived, reduced graphical quality road for the sake of being able to look up and down we can get on with DLC 1 gossip! Harrah.

IRELAND ANYONE?

1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

But at least now they have appeased the people who want to drive around a baron, desolate, foliage deprived, reduced graphical quality road for the sake of being able to look up and down we can get on with DLC 1 gossip! Harrah.

IRELAND ANYONE?

This is the exact kind of bear-poking I was talking about.

2 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

This is the exact kind of bear-poking I was talking about.

Sorry. I won't do it again.

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

So burning questions time: Why is the Evo VI still in Grp A? Create a "millenial"-class please for all late 90's and (DLC-)early-00's maybe?

As far as I remember, the Mitsubishi was in the Group A category until 2001 when their world rally car was introduced. Pretty sure they were the last ones in the gang to do this, the other manufacturers having converted in 1997.

Edited by Porkhammer
  • Agree 2

I could be remembering wrong, but I think the Group A Evo had some concessions to keep it on par with the WRCars (hence the "Evo 6.5" designation). 

Just now, tbtstt said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I think the Group A Evo had some concessions to keep it on par with the WRCars (hence the "Evo 6.5" designation). 

Yeah but it was still labeled as Group A, which is probably why Codies put it in that category.

4 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

Yeah but it was still labeled as Group A, which is probably why Codies put it in that category.

Oh yeah. As things stand at present that is definitely the best home for it. As has been said on this forum a "few" times though, a standalone category with the S5 Impreza WRCar is where it would live in the perfect world! 

• Agree 1

Please disable the animated avatar feature. They are just as annoying as animated ads... 

Oh. Agree and disagree buttons appear to be back now

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Jon's testing the R5, with some footage on Insta. Looking fast as ****.

Edited for accuracy.

• Haha 4

If Jon wins the rally it'll be a great add for codies... "1 year playing this and you can win in the real world"

However if he loses......."should've had VR in early builds"

• Haha 6

I have a feeling that me being allowed to upload from mobile is going to result in an increased amount of trolling. I want that helicopter guy to come back, I’ve got some ideas

• Agree 3