DiRTy Gossip Thread

7 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Exactly this - I can’t wait to try the new cars (R5s and RGTs) and new physics (gravity!) and features like tyre wear on stages with ‘old’ layouts but new textures, lighting, degradation, character and foliage models, AI, pace notes and weather conditions - if they were brand new layouts that would be great, but I’d learn them anyway.

Not to mention, there wouldn’t be three locations added if there were brand new stages - there’d be one or possibly two, and I feel the biggest concern I have with the game at this point is the number of unique kilometres so this seems like the best solution.

It’s also very consumer friendly in some regards. The ‘easy’ thing would be to put the new locations in the DLC and the ‘business’ thing to do would be to mix RX and Rally content to make you buy both even with an interest in just one.

Bring on the updated Lancia and the new Porsche!

What I'd like to see is a new stage alongside the ones from DR in the same location, like Myherin in Wales, Sisteron in Monte, vineyards in Germany... The locations are very iconic so they'd be a very welcome return in DiRT Games, and new stages would make the content feel even less recycled 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, carpa said:

What I'd like to see is a new stage alongside the ones from DR in the same location, like Myherin in Wales, Sisteron in Monte, vineyards in Germany... The locations are very iconic so they'd be a very welcome return in DiRT Games, and new stages would make the content feel even less recycled 

Seeing the old stages with all the new features would be great for sure, but I'm not sure if a whole lot of people would be up to paying for just old content. You risk having just a small DR core group buying into that and then have season 3/4 stripped. But a mix would be perfect, get the two old long stages and add one new long stage. Hopefully that's within the limits of what Codies can do with their time. 🙂

Come to think of it, if they would add DR1 rally locations with one extra stage, I would actually be fine with an expansion pack for the DR2.0 launch rally locations down the line, where they add one stage to each of those locations to bring all of them to 3 stages.

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves
  • Agree 1

I'm quite excited for the service model put in place.

It worked for Assetto and PC2, so I don't get why some people think it won't work here. It can be expensive overtime for the consumer (if Codies goes past Season 2) but I'd gladly pay for a lot of new quality content.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

Seeing the old stages with all the new features would be great for sure, but I'm not sure if a whole lot of people would be up to paying for just old content. You risk having just a small DR core group buying into that and then have season 3/4 stripped. But a mix would be perfect, get the two old long stages and add one new long stage. Hopefully that's within the limits of what Codies can do with their time. 🙂

Come to think of it, if they would add DR1 rally locations with one extra stage, I would actually be fine with an expansion pack for the DR2.0 launch rally locations down the line, where they add one stage to each of those locations to bring all of them to 3 stages.

TBH, that’s my ideal position - there are effectively twelve locations ‘in play’ between the two games - I would certainly hope that sticking to those and expanding each would be the long term plan (even if that’s for a future title).

I don’t see it being the case for the upcoming DR2 DLC though. People say “vineyard stages for Germany” like that would be easier than making a new country like Kenya, but it’s not like there’d be any shareable assets with Baumholder stages so it’s the same amount of work regardless. I hope they take this approach still, to get away from each individual rally being run over the same 20kms, but I appreciate it’s just as much work. For other locations (like adding Myherin to Wales, for example) it’s probably a fair bit less as assets would be reusable there.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

People say “vineyard stages for Germany” like that would be easier than making a new country like Kenya, but it’s not like there’d be any shareable assets with Baumholder stages so it’s the same amount of work regardless.

On a stage by stage basis, from scratch, it’s the same amount of work indeed. However, doing a completely new location like Kenya requires two stages to be build from scratch. The question is, what would be more work at this point? Creating two stages from scratch, or creating one stage from scratch and transform two older stages to DR2.0 level. Might be the same amount of work overall, but that depends on how much work it is to get DR1 stages on DR2.0 level

• Agree 2

I would definitely have Wales and Monte back over Kenya. I think, or rather I hope they will include 1 new location in the DLC 1. Ireland obviously being my pick. 

• Agree 1

The thing is, apart from notable exceptions being Irish tarmac rally, most of the players want those iconic locations from DR1 back. And adding a new stage to those would make them feel a lot fresher than just having the same roads. There are other new interesting locations, but if you have things from previous games that people really want, why not use them as a base instead of starting from scratch? 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I was in that mindset pre launch, however after seeing footage and learning about the game there will be nothing recycled about it. Completely re-done physics when compared to the first game will give the stages an entirely new personality.

The graphical changes will show the locations in a new and vibrant light.

Who doesn't want to drive Wales or Monte with stage deg?

We already have 6 new locations which is a great start, and I certainly hope we get more unseen rallies, but from what I've seen of the handling and stage deg features.....give me the old stages now!

Sorry but no... I have 300 hours in DR and have memorized pretty much every corner of every stage.  While they are great, I'm so burnt out on the stages in DR1 and it's why I stopped playing the game years ago.  Even with new physics and a graphical update, I would MUCH rather the DLC stages be new and not recycled.  I'd love more Wales/Monte/Finland but just not the same stages.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Hey, where is the content from the previous forum? All my reviews have been deleted, including the one talking about the first DLC features.

#ForumCensorshipNoBuy

• Haha 3

I think that DR1 locations must be there in the DLC's the people that remember the stages are proper fans of Dirt games and will buy it anyway and the biggest portion of the players who doesnt even remember a corner will happily pay for it

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Hey, where is the content from the previous forum? All my reviews have been deleted, including the one talking about the first DLC features.

#ForumCensorshipNoBuy

Here are all of your posts from the previous forum I believe: https://forums.codemasters.com/profile/48623-codingracer/?do=content&type=forums_topic

If something is missing you could google it (like: "codemasters forum " + the thread name). Some threads appear as hidden, but finding them like that and replying to them will fix it. If you seriously believe your stuff is gone, you should contact the one and only forum administrator. This is the way I avoid tagging people I guess.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Here are all of your posts from the previous forum I believe: https://forums.codemasters.com/profile/48623-codingracer/?do=content&type=forums_topic

If something is missing you could google it (like: "codemasters forum " + the thread name). Some threads appear as hidden, but finding them like that and replying to them will fix it. If you seriously believe your stuff is gone, you should contact the one and only forum administrator. This is the way I avoid tagging people I guess.

Thanks! 

I think some returning stages are ok, but at least one long stage should be brand new. A little bit of the old and a little bit of the new.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

#ForumCensorshipNoBuy

That hash tag isn't for real is it?... 

...no, wait, I just saw who posted. It totally is. 

• Haha 2

I'm kind of baffled why people would want only recycled stages from DR1... you'd think people would want fresh new stages? At least a little bit of both. I'd be quite miffed if it was all recycled stuff, and honestly I'd cancel my preorder.

Speaking of the DLC though, weren't they supposed to announce what's in season 1 before launch? Is that still happening?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Speaking of the DLC though, weren't they supposed to announce what's in season 1 before launch? Is that still happening?

I believe an announcement is due on the 12th.

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I believe an announcement is due on the 12th.

Hype?

Just now, UP100 said:

Hype?

DLC1 contents I think/hope! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ShodanCat said:

I'm certain @ChristinaMc did say they would announce before launch, so here's hoping we see that soon. :classic_cool:

Which is this coming tuesday

29 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

I'm kind of baffled why people would want only recycled stages from DR1... you'd think people would want fresh new stages? At least a little bit of both. I'd be quite miffed if it was all recycled stuff, and honestly I'd cancel my preorder.

Do you mean you'd change your preorder from deluxe to standard?

I don't think it's necessarily wanting or preferring the old stages, just would rather have more of the old ones than fewer of the new ones. My dream would be what was mentioned elsewhere, with the old plus the new or the original '2' joined together and a new one to join them (especially for Monte Carlo), but I just don't think it will happen.

I'd also really like to try some of the old stages with the new cars and physics; especially Finland.

For me, it's just the most kilometres we can get TBH.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, griev0r said:

Sorry but no... I have 300 hours in DR and have memorized pretty much every corner of every stage.  While they are great, I'm so burnt out on the stages in DR1 and it's why I stopped playing the game years ago.  Even with new physics and a graphical update, I would MUCH rather the DLC stages be new and not recycled.  I'd love more Wales/Monte/Finland but just not the same stages.

Way over 1000 hours now, but I would say bring it on, these handmade stages never get boring. Dirt4 was the opposite this was boring after 2 days.

• Agree 6

I'd love to say:

"I want new content, I know the stages from DiRT Rally by heart, I can do World Record runs on them blindfolded and with the right hand tied behind the back!" 

But I can't. Completing the stage without errors still puts a stupid smile on my face. So bring on the old ones, I have a matter to settle with Ouninpohja and the new physics could surely help 

• Agree 3