DiRTy Gossip Thread

30 minutes ago, toninus said:

I meant the one we saw has the wheel on the right so drives on the left side of the road.

I know Burns had one, but the game isn't Richard Burns Rally : Dirt 2.0 ...

No, it's not called that. However it is a tribute to the legendary driver so it makes sense that the car in the game is true to the one he drove in real life, no?

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

No, it's not called that. However it is a tribute to the legendary driver so it makes sense that the car in the game is true to the one he drove in real life, no?

IRL you would have the wheel on the side you are most comfortable with.

There should be a choice for every car. Nothing else makes sense. 

NoLeftWheelNoVR

Edited by Eagleizer

Strange that for example the British haven't complained about this years ago. I mean most of the cars are left hand drive so it must be a nightmare for them. Oh boy, I feel for you guys across the Channel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Eagleizer said:

IRL you would have the wheel on the side you are most comfortable with.

There should be a choice for every car. Nothing else makes sense. 

NoLeftWheelNoVR

That's not even vaguely true. Some cars had the wheel on one side or the other, depending on the original base for the car. Some models had RHD and LHD versoins (like the 205). Good luck finding a RHD Lancia 037. For newer ones, it's homologated (the Fiesta R5 is homologated LHD despite being made in the UK). 

By the way, as per the guys at Sector3, this is part of the licencing agreement (they couldn't change their Nissan GTR) - it will be determined based on which car the team modelled it on. So giving you the choice of LHD or RHD may well mean licencing the car twice.

Edit: hey, what do you know? https://imgur.com/gallery/ucItS

3ghtoGE.jpg

Edited by RodgerDavies
I was wrong

3 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Strange that for example the British haven't complained about this years ago. I mean most of the cars are left hand drive so it must be a nightmare for them. Oh boy, I feel for you guys across the Channel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

We should have switched to LHD and driving on the correct side years ago, but as you see now this country is incredibly backwards when it comes to adopting better things. 

I drive all over Europe and don't notice it TBH. The only time I have to think is at roundabouts...

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

We should have switched to LHD and driving on the correct side years ago, but as you see now this country is incredibly backwards when it comes to adopting better things. 

I drive all over Europe and don't notice it TBH. The only time I have to think is at roundabouts...

I've driven countless times through your beautiful countryside and it merely takes a few moments to get used to it. Your mini-roundabouts and especially double-mini-roundabouts do create some serious confusion. Who came up with that idea?

History shows us that Britain has a tendency of wanting to stand out and be different. RHD and driving on left side of the road being examples of that.

Even today we can still see that tendency, can't we? How's Brexit going for you guys? #JustYankingYourChain

25 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Dy_YlpYXcAEZ66v.jpg

This hat clearly needs to be available to deluxe edition owners ASAP...

I intend to reproduce that hat but buying an old tea cosy and sticking a Dirt 2 patch to it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Your mini-roundabouts and especially double-mini-roundabouts do create some serious confusion. Who came up with that idea?

I assume someone in government who also has shares in a white paint company.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

The Japanese drive on the left, therefore that must be the correct side as Japan is the best. 

I drove a LHD car for the first time last year. Didn't enjoy the first few miles: I kept punching the glovebox every time I went to change gear.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

The Japanese drive on the left, therefore that must be the correct side as Japan is the best. 

I drove a LHD car for the first time last year. Didn't enjoy the first few miles: I kept punching the glovebox every time I went to change gear.

Ha, interesting - only time I've done it was after working for a couple of months in the US - first time I got back in my car in the UK I nearly opened the door by accident. Also remembered the hard way that my UK car didn't have parking sensors...

Fair point though, a lot of the world is RHD, including India: chartoftheday_9261_which_side_of_the_roa

33 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

I've driven countless times through your beautiful countryside and it merely takes a few moments to get used to it. Your mini-roundabouts and especially double-mini-roundabouts do create some serious confusion. Who came up with that idea?

History shows us that Britain has a tendency of wanting to stand out and be different. RHD and driving on left side of the road being examples of that.

Even today we can still see that tendency, can't we? How's Brexit going for you guys? #JustYankingYourChain

Try triple mini roundabouts or the legendary ‘magic roundabout’ 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Hemel_Hempstead)

Edit: linked the Hemel one, but the Swindon one mentioned in the article is probably worse. I have been round both and survived

to be honest I barely notice LHD and RHD in games, it doesn’t really bother me.

Edited by RallyDriven
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ha, interesting - only time I've done it was after working for a couple of months in the US - first time I got back in my car in the UK I nearly opened the door by accident. Also remembered the hard way that my UK car didn't have parking sensors...

Fair point though, a lot of the world is RHD, including India: chartoftheday_9261_which_side_of_the_roa

That is because all that yellow was in the British Empire at one point. (Except Japan & the Dutch Colonies), so most of it still is britains fault.

Japan started on the left so Samurai wouldn't bumps swords on narrow roads (best reason ever)

Encouraged to keep on the left by the British when trams where introduced in Japan the 1800's (worst reason ever)

But being in NZ thankful we are overflowing with cheap JDM imports (special thanks from a 23 year old me for being able to buy a 5 year old JDM AE86 in 1990 that I kept for 9 years)

• Haha 1

Personally I don't really care about us (the UK) being RHD because then those sweet sweet JDM imports fit right in here.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, StratosZero said:

Personally I don't really care about us (the UK) being RHD because then those sweet sweet JDM imports fit right in here.

Except they have the indicator controls on the wrong side 😬

40 minutes ago, VilleAce said:

Jon's Galway livery confirmed. Screenshot_20190211-104343.thumb.jpg.74e193d82a4682365f0bd4afedfab561.jpg

It’s been confirmed for a while now! They told us that when it was first unveiled

9 hours ago, StratosZero said:

qrDxcA3.jpg

32 minutes ago, VilleAce said:

Ok @RallyDriven it has gone under my radar. Sorry for that. Still, I reckon it's an awesome livery. 

It's a genuinely good looking livery! Looks ace with black rims :classic_love:

Ok so the Galway livery will be coming in a couple of months time. A couple of months time is when I imagine DLC 1 is coming. 

So Ireland livery......with DLC 1......means.......Ireland location in DLC 1????

( initialially they said the livery was coming "later in the year" so this is more specific)

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bogani said:

It's a genuinely good looking livery! Looks ace with black rims :classic_love:

I think it looks fantastic: would be great to see a few other Galway competitors appearing in the game as well! 

And don't worry @VilleAce, the news came during the forum outage, so I don't think you will be the only person who missed it!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Ok so the Galway livery will be coming in a couple of months time. A couple of months time is when I imagine DLC 1 is coming. 

So Ireland livery......with DLC 1......means.......Ireland location in DLC 1????

( initialially they said the livery was coming "later in the year" so this is more specific)

I love your theory.