DiRTy Gossip Thread

32 minutes ago, VilleAce said:

Ok @RallyDriven it has gone under my radar. Sorry for that. Still, I reckon it's an awesome livery. 

It's a genuinely good looking livery! Looks ace with black rims :classic_love:

Ok so the Galway livery will be coming in a couple of months time. A couple of months time is when I imagine DLC 1 is coming. 

So Ireland livery......with DLC 1......means.......Ireland location in DLC 1????

( initialially they said the livery was coming "later in the year" so this is more specific)

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bogani said:

It's a genuinely good looking livery! Looks ace with black rims :classic_love:

I think it looks fantastic: would be great to see a few other Galway competitors appearing in the game as well! 

And don't worry @VilleAce, the news came during the forum outage, so I don't think you will be the only person who missed it!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Ok so the Galway livery will be coming in a couple of months time. A couple of months time is when I imagine DLC 1 is coming. 

So Ireland livery......with DLC 1......means.......Ireland location in DLC 1????

( initialially they said the livery was coming "later in the year" so this is more specific)

I love your theory.

I do hope we get a tarmac location. Ideally either Ireland or Germany. Spain is great, but the roads are quite wide, so I’d like something a bit narrorer for contrast

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I do hope we get a tarmac location. Ideally either Ireland or Germany. Spain is great, but the roads are quite wide, so I’d like something a bit narrorer for contrast

Yes, we need more narrow roads + hairpins = Royal combo !

Congrats to @jonny174 for the strong rally.

Btw, the livery not looks the most difficult to recreate for the game. I think about half a day (with my experience and i am not a proffesional full time 2d artist). Probably most of the time goes into getting the green light from everyone. 

Edited by JorritVD

14 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

corsica 😍❤️

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

corsica 😍❤️

Corsica is quite similar to Spain, fast, wide and flowing. I’d rather have something single lane like Ireland or Germany or Ypres

Edited by RallyDriven
  • Confused 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Corsica is quite similar to Spain, fast, wide and flowing. I’d rather have something single lane like Ireland or Germany or Ypres

That's not the Corsica I remember from the WRC calendar. The rally of a thousand corners. Extremely narrow, bad roads. Endless blind corners. Have they changed location?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

San Remo. Not part of the WRC calendar for years, so no licensing issues there and pretty narrow. In fact, narrower than Corsica and Spain. Might not be as narrow as Ireland in terms of asphalt width, but still pretty narrow and dangerous as Monte Carlo.

Edited by AIPacino
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe people might be remembering some of the other Corsica stages run in late 90s early 2000s, but even then those were kind of narrow and bumpy.

5 minutes ago, bogani said:

I want a flat(ish) narrow tarmac location! Belgium comes to mind. 

I second that. I'll be even more specific. High speed flat(ish) narrow roads with deep ditches on either side and where cutting corners without picking up a puncture is an art mastered by just a few. Imagine the stage degredation tech for that. Being further down the running order would mean more dirt on the road and deeper ruts for the previous cars cutting the corner. Sign me up!

The video clearly shows you what I'm on about. When some hear the word 'cut', they reeeaaaaally go for it!

• Like 3

I don't mind Corsica or San remo but they're down the list for me. In terms of tarmac, everything you guys have been asking for can be found in Ireland. It's narrow, bumpy , has changeable grip, technical, high speed sections.

A close second would be ypres for me.

25 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

Group B Metro 

That's Craig Breen driving the Molls Gap stage. The full version of the video can be seen here: 

It's not the narrowest stage, but more justification for Ireland being in DR2.0! 

• Like 2

Ireland would sure be a nice addition. It's narrow, kinda bumpy and has some variety in turns. Add Spain for wide roads, Monte for narrow mountain roads, and Germany for fast lanes and hairpins, and you get a really complete tarmac offer for a rally game.

Belgium is kinda between Germany and Ireland, and Corsica is kinda like Monte but without the snow...

Ireland and Monte would be great, I admit I wasn't a massive fan of Germany in DR. The stages were ok but I preferred the flowing dangerous roads of Monte and then having narrow twisty roads of Ireland would be awesome.

• Agree 2

How is it that I'm Italian and after all this reading in the thread I want Ireland over Sanremo is beyond me. Oh well, nevermind, bring those incredibly narrow roads I'll never be able to drive on

• Haha 1

In the end I think everyone agrees there's plenty of options to select from, and that there's always more room to add more after Season 2 as long as we all keep this game alive. And by 'we' I'm also including the devs.