DiRTy Gossip Thread

Corsica would be amazing if the width is correct and they are very narrow events. its actually a dream of mine for just car width events. just never seems to happen in any rally game. 😂

1 hour ago, carpa said:

How is it that I'm Italian and after all this reading in the thread I want Ireland over Sanremo is beyond me. Oh well, nevermind, bring those incredibly narrow roads I'll never be able to drive on

Because that's how awesome Irish tarmac is! 😃

Hope we get some onboard clips from Jon. 

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Because that's how awesome Irish tarmac is! 😃

Hope we get some onboard clips from Jon. 

If Ireland is confirmed, Jon's Fiesta R5 should be full of gopros to record every single moves for a proper modelisation inside DR2. You know what I mean... 🐵 

I'd prefer Ireland, damp tarmac, low grip, some jumps, nice Challenge

This stage would be ace: 

Edit: ace if you drive like Breen 🤣

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

Quality onboard @Fedemaisonnave

There is a pretty good round up video of Galway on the ITRC Facebook page: 

Look out for the DR2.0 tea cosy at 0:14!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

If Ireland is confirmed, Jon's Fiesta R5 should be full of gopros to record every single moves for a proper modelisation inside DR2. You know what I mean... 🐵 

well thrustmaster said his livery would be in the game at some point. so im guessing ireland will come aswell. or hope so.

2 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

well thrustmaster said his livery would be in the game at some point. so im guessing ireland will come aswell. or hope so.

Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive so I wouldn't count on that to be a hint

• Agree 1

Yea I think I spied some smart cameras that they took along with them on the Insta story, I'd hope they banged one in the cockpit.

5 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yea I think I spied some smart cameras that they took along with them on the Insta story, I'd hope they banged one in the cockpit.

I would be very surprised if we didn't see anything especially since action cams are cheap as hell now so they don't even need to be GoPros.

I think that it will be awesome to have the 6x DR1 Rallyes + 3x new Rallyes

-Ireland (tarmac)

-Safari (well safari🤷‍♂️)

-Morocco or Cyprus (Mixed Gravel/Tarmac)

+ No WRC licence problems in the new locations

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive so I wouldn't count on that to be a hint

Oh dear, I see the word 'exclusive'! *twitching eye*

• Haha 3

A safari-esque rally mixed in would be WILD. Or we could get some Rally Asia - Thailand, China, Indo; all of them would be some really cool places to rally through

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

A safari-esque rally mixed in would be WILD. Or we could get some Rally Asia - Thailand, China, Indo; all of them would be some really cool places to rally through

I wanted it since DR1, but like Paul Coleman said before, it would be a nice addition once it could be properly implemented. Stage length plays a big role for this rally and unfortunately there's no improvements on that field for DR2.0, so I don't know wether it could be properly implemented, considering most of the Safari rally consists of big straights, despite being full or holes, jumps and rocks.

3 hours ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

I'd prefer Ireland, damp tarmac, low grip, some jumps, nice Challenge

This stage would be ace: 

Edit: ace if you drive like Breen 🤣

Looking at that onboard I've understood that it doesn't really matter how long they make the stages in DR2, as long as I can't get past the 2nd kilometer because I've totaled my car

Edited by carpa
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AIPacino said:

I wanted it since DR1, but like Paul Coleman said before, it would be a nice addition once it could be properly implemented. Stage length plays a big role for this rally and unfortunately there's no improvements on that field for DR2.0, so I don't know wether it could be properly implemented, considering most of the Safari rally consists of big straights, despite being full or holes, jumps and rocks.

Yeah we would definitely need longer stages, probably close to double the current limits, to fully implement some of those rallies in all of their glory. I don't know what the limitation is, but I'd assume it was max world render size and not hitting some weird limit on the number of objects they could place inside that map. So if we can either pick a very "dense" real world rally location or just make one up that snakes back and forth over the map we might be able to get close to the necessary length.

15 minutes ago, carpa said:

Looking at that onboard I've understood that it doesn't really matter how long they make the stages in DR2, as long as I can't get past the 2nd kilometer because I've totaled my car

Actually Breen at the stage end said, I wish it lasted another 30km 🥴🥴🥴

One more sleep until we find out what DLC season 1 offers. I hope it's something similar to where @jonny174 has just been driving his Kii-arr.

#mad4tar 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

One more sleep until we find out what DLC season 1 offers. I hope it's something similar to where @jonny174 has just been driving his Kii-arr.

#mad4tar 

Fingers crossed we aren't disappointed by tomorrows news! 

• Agree 1

With how much @ChristinaMc has been teasing us this last week, I think we will all be anything but disappointed.

I just really want to know the car split for this DLC; are they going to give us three Group B RX and two from a Rally class (2000 subi/focus???) or will they be really crazy and do 3 Rally locations and 5 Rally cars. I'm thinking it's the former so they can split a bit of content from both Rally/RX into both DLCs to entice either side to pick them up.

2 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

With how much @ChristinaMc has been teasing us this last week, I think we will all be anything but disappointed.

I just really want to know the car split for this DLC; are they going to give us three Group B RX and two from a Rally class (2000 subi/focus???) or will they be really crazy and do 3 Rally locations and 5 Rally cars. I'm thinking it's the former so they can split a bit of content from both Rally/RX into both DLCs to entice either side to pick them up.

We have already been informed that ALL content will be Rally. No RX

2 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Group B RX isn't in DLC1, that's DLC2. 

I believe DLC1 is going to be all rally: really hope 2000cc is part of it! 

• Agree 2

Just now, KingOfCoins said:

They only way they can disappoint is to delay the announcement 

I have my pitchfork ready.

• Haha 4

Huh didn't think it was confirmed everything was Rally, just that the locations were all Rally. If that is the case then I really don't know what to expect. Maybe we get that Group B RWD x3 and 2000s x2? 037/400/959 and the subi/focus? Is there a more iconic class I am missing that would be perfect to fill with 3/2 cars? Since if I remember correctly we are getting 5 cars per DLC, which screams to me a 3-2 split for new classes

hands up for 5 wrc 2018 (380bhp)   (even with unofficial liveries)  ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2