Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, carpa said:

Looking at that onboard I've understood that it doesn't really matter how long they make the stages in DR2, as long as I can't get past the 2nd kilometer because I've totaled my car

DR2.0 is quite intense like that.  You can really be on the knife-edge.  I missed that after DR.  Stages are a great length and very technical, it’s no walk in the park!!

Im really hoping for some Irish Tarmac for future DLC.  Could we ever be that lucky??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Do you think that's why they upgraded the forum? To handle the meltdown from that announcement? 

I don't think they are paying for enough AWS instances to handle the aftermath of that announcement... we'd probably blow through their entire VR budget they just got allocated 😆

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Codies keep the new Rallycross content for a new game, dont worry 🤣, we will be fine just getting only Rally cars and Locations...😋

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

With how much @ChristinaMc has been teasing us this last week, I think we will all be anything but disappointed.

 

I just really want to know the car split for this DLC; are they going to give us three Group B RX and two from a Rally class (2000 subi/focus???) or will they be really crazy and do 3 Rally locations and 5 Rally cars. I'm thinking it's the former so they can split a bit of content from both Rally/RX into both DLCs to entice either side to pick them up.

3x Group B RWD (Manta, 037, Porsche) and 2x Kit Cars (Peugeot, Seat) fits that bill.

Also, my heart rate is continuously a few beats higher because I'm so anxious to see the news!

If the news is not to our liking, I suspect this will be the result standing in front of their office (Mini London Riot a.k.a. DiRTy riot):

clapham-brooms_1967874i.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

3x Group B RWD (Manta, 037, Porsche) and 2x Kit Cars (Peugeot, Seat) fits that bill.

Also, my heart rate is continuously a few beats higher because I'm so anxious to see the news!

If the news is not to our liking, I suspect this will be the result standing in front of their office (Mini London Riot a.k.a. DiRTy riot😞

clapham-brooms_1967874i.jpg

I think Group B RWD and kit cars are the most likely classes, but that doesn't stop me for hoping for some 2000cc cars! 

17 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Codies keep the new Rallycross content for a new game, dont worry 🤣, we will be fine just getting only Rally cars and Locations...😋

Damn rally snobs! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I think Group B RWD and kit cars are the most likely classes, but that doesn't stop me for hoping for some 2000cc cars! 

Damn rally snobs! 

You've got 8 whole Asda car parks to race around in. Plus probably more with dlc2, you should be thrilled!

  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

You've got 8 whole Asda car parks to race around in. Plus probably more with dlc2, you should be thrilled!

I won't be happy until I see every supermarket properly represented. 

#NoWaitroseCarParkNoBuy

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KevM said:

DR2.0 is quite intense like that.  You can really be on the knife-edge.  I missed that after DR.  Stages are a great length and very technical, it’s no walk in the park!!

Im really hoping for some Irish Tarmac for future DLC.  Could we ever be that lucky??

I've loved DiRT Rally because, after about 18 stages gone horribly wrong in one way or the other, that one single stage I managed to keep clean and with a good time would put a smile on my face for the rest of the time. If DiRT Rally 2.0 is any similar I'll be happy, and seeing the footage of Argentina I guess there's more than enough challenge (and rocks to crash into) 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

3x Group B RWD (Manta, 037, Porsche) and 2x Kit Cars (Peugeot, Seat) fits that bill.

Isn't there 6 cars in this DLC ?
Which means also Megane Maxi or Xsara kit car ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@-moz-document url-prefix("https://forums.codemasters.com/") {
  body {
      background-color: #030000;

  }
}

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/

 

For people that are hurt with the background color on wider monitors.

 

On mobile I can handle it but on my displays at home it burns my eyes.

 

 

Any chance we might get a Night Mode to choose in settings? Please 🙂

 

 

Edited by versedi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I won't be happy until I see every supermarket properly represented. 

#NoWaitroseCarParkNoBuy

Mate come to my hometown, we’ve got at least 10 I can think of around the town centre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Because that's how awesome Irish tarmac is! 😃

Hope we get some onboard clips from Jon. 

Irish rallystages are reallt cool! Specially the circuit of ireland! 😎

hope to see those stages in DR2.0 or maybe i will drive them my self next year 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the cars are post-2000 anyway. Would be happy with anything really... likely we'll just get exactly the same ones that have been in the two previous games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no such thing as 'exactly the same' as the last two games, with the handling and stage physics so dramatically altered since DR1, whatever we get will be a brand new experience.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I’m probably more excited for the locations. The fact that we will be able to run a 9 round championship will be fantastic! Hopefully it’s all new stages, but even if it is old stuff I will still just be happy for more content, and I would hope that they would have had a big overhaul

  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carpa said:

I've loved DiRT Rally because, after about 18 stages gone horribly wrong in one way or the other, that one single stage I managed to keep clean and with a good time would put a smile on my face for the rest of the time. If DiRT Rally 2.0 is any similar I'll be happy, and seeing the footage of Argentina I guess there's more than enough challenge (and rocks to crash into) 

Can confirm, rocks are plentiful and painful.

Played some stages last night (not Argentina) with some other testers and by the end of it, I had popped 2 tyres and my engine and radiator were gasping to a point where I could drive 1 handed it was so slow.

10/10 would do it again. It doesn't help that I think I have a bit of McRae DNA in me the way I drive lol.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Can confirm, rocks are plentiful and painful.

Played some stages last night (not Argentina) with some other testers and by the end of it, I had popped 2 tyres and my engine and radiator were gasping to a point where I could drive 1 handed it was so slow.

10/10 would do it again. It doesn't help that I think I have a bit of McRae DNA in me the way I drive lol.

Speaking of rocks, are there any randomised ones like in the first DR? Whilst their implementation was pretty poor (launching you into space rather than causing a puncture or suspension damage) the fact they were there and random was a fairly nifty feature IMO.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Speaking of rocks, are there any randomised ones like in the first DR? Whilst their implementation was pretty poor (launching you into space rather than causing a puncture or suspension damage) the fact they were there and random was a fairly nifty feature IMO.

Was that a feature in DR? I didn't even notice lol. I haven't noticed it in DR2 but I would have to play the same stages more to see a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Was that a feature in DR? I didn't even notice lol. I haven't noticed it in DR2 but I would have to play the same stages more to see a difference.

Yeah you would randomly come across rocks in the road, but they would launch you off the track and into space!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen many clips from Galway yet, but just spotted this video of Breen: 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

 

Yeah you would randomly come across rocks in the road, but they would launch you off the track and into space!

I honestly don't remember experiencing that... you're on PS4 right? @RodgerDavies are you also on PS4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I honestly don't remember experiencing that... you're on PS4 right? @RodgerDavies are you also on PS4?

No I’m on the superior console (no, not the Wii U). I think it was a really rare occurrence, I only seem to remember it happening to me a few times in Wales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Haven't seen many clips from Galway yet, but just spotted this video of Breen: 
 

 

Wouldn't mind seeing that stage in DR2!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×