DiRTy Gossip Thread

5 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Hmm, the "don't like it? then don't buy it" mantra hasn't worked very well for game developers in the recent past... just saying.

No one forces you to buy an optional DLC. Just saying.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Having been testing 2.0 for the past while, I’m actually really happy to be getting my old stages back to add to the existing locations.  The new feel will just add a whole new challenge to the stages you ‘think’ you know!! 😉

Just to give an update from testing:  I’m in trouble daily with my wife because of DiRT Rally 2.0.  It’s proper addictive fun!  Really intense, just like DR was.  I can’t get enough!  I’m really enjoying all the cars and all the new locations.  This isn’t a casual drive through the woods, it’s really engaging and technical.

You guys are really gonna love this!

👌🏻

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Yeez.... It seems to become very common that people think Software just falls out of the sky or is an "easy Job". If it would be easy and fast there wouldnt be a shortage of programmers and developers everywhere. 

I Do think what they are doing is actually really consumer friendly. Almost everything in the Base game is New. So if you personally think the DLC is a ripoff of old content, has it occured to you to just NOT buy it? Seems a crazy thought, I know, but you know, nobody forces you to buy the "recycled content".

The backlash would be much bigger if it actually were included in the Base game, so good choice Cm. 

Sure I also hoped for New locations. But the ones we get is exactly what I expected, since it does make the most sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

Thanks Codemasters. Personally I'm good with the DLC 🙂

I can understand both sides. People who not like the DR1 stages come back, because they were already there. On the other side a racing game ussually have the same tracks and cars like Gran Turismo, F1, MotoGP.

Now that CM brings back the DR1 stages, I hope they also bring back some RX content from DR1 and D4 like the DS3, Focus, Ibiza, Polo. 

Also like the idea of every week something new. 

Seeing the screenshots of DR1 and DR2 stages, it feels like DR1 is a PS3 game, and DR2 is a proper PS4 game.

A happy deluxe pre order customer here 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Rally games problem is mostly the fact you remember all the corners after a few hours of playing.
So, I would have prefered more stages on existing locations, than just the one we drove a thousand times. I'm not against them, but we need new roads to discover !
I think Sweden is the most difficult to remember (at least for me), so I don't care for this one. But seriously, new roads on Monte and Germany are missing...

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Well done team! Cant wait to drive those stages remastered - theres a reason I've sunk 400 hours on them...

Car list is unexpected imo but solid.

So hyped to get into it next weekend!

I'm still hoping that it might be the Impreza S12b WRC, they say the cars were highly requested over the last years but I never saw anyone asking for the S14 WRC. Most requested Imprezas are the S4/5/6, S9/10/11 and S12/12b so it wouldn't make sense in my eyes to add a car no one asked for. I'd rather have they try to get actual cars we asked for.

But that doesn't mean I'm completely dissappointed though, it's always nice to see actual new content and in the end it's still an Impreza so I'd definately give it a go. I'm also guessing the 2001 Impreza & Focus are out of the game then, too bad if so?

Edit: I was also really amazed and happy to see season 1 will bring 6 cars instead of 5. Well done & thanks for that CM 🙂

Edited by sqdstr

40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Christina has just posted in the Discord: 

"However, the Skoda Fabia Rally is 14 years old and competed in the top flight of rally. The C4 is nine years old, and also competed in the top flight of rally. Also, the Subaru Impreza did too... two years before that. (I hope I can count. It is 2019, right?)"

So if I have read this right: 

2005 Fabia  
2010 Citroen C4
2008 Impreza (which would mean it's an S14)(or the S12c, but I'd say that's unlikely)

Slightly disappointed if that's the case, as the S14 was the least successful Impreza WRCar.

My bad - it's the 2001 Impreza, I just can't count. 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

I'm still hoping that it might be the Impreza S12b WRC, they say the cars were highly requested over the last years but I never saw anyone asking for the S14 WRC. Most requested Imprezas are the S4/5/6, S9/10/11 and S12/12b so it wouldn't make sense in my eyes to add a car no one asked for. I'd rather have they try to get actual cars we asked for.

But that doesn't mean I'm completely dissappointed though, it's always nice to see actual new content and in the end it's still an Impreza so I'd definately give it a go. I'm also guessing the 2001 Impreza & Focus are out of the game then, too bad if so?

Yeah, my thinking is along exactly the same lines: I don't recall anyone getting excited about the S14, so I personally wouldn't class that as "highly requested". 

Perhaps Christina is slightly out with her years or (outside possibility), the Impreza in question is the S12c (which would be a 2008 car). I think the latter is pretty unlikely though. 

2 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Oh no @ChristinaMc, you can't do that to us: we've all been going mad for a new Impreza! 😄

100% it's a 2001 car then?

I like the new content and the way it will be available...

Fingers crossed that we don‘t need the full space of the game free on our HDs as it was when D4 was updated. That could get horrible for many of us...

18 minutes ago, KevM said:

Having been testing 2.0 for the past while, I’m actually really happy to be getting my old stages back to add to the existing locations.  The new feel will just add a whole new challenge to the stages you ‘think’ you know!! 😉

Just to give an update from testing:  I’m in trouble daily with my wife because of DiRT Rally 2.0.  It’s proper addictive fun!  Really intense, just like DR was.  I can’t get enough!  I’m really enjoying all the cars and all the new locations.  This isn’t a casual drive through the woods, it’s really engaging and technical.

You guys are really gonna love this!

👌🏻

Just being curious. Do you beta testers already have unlimited access to the complete DR2 game several weeks prior official release?

2 minutes ago, LutzM said:

I like the new content and the way it will be available...

Fingers crossed that we don‘t need the full space of the game free on our HDs as it was when D4 was updated. That could get horrible for many of us...

But you will have free space uninstalling Dirt Rally 1 !

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Oh no @ChristinaMc, you can't do that to us: we've all been going mad for a new Impreza! 😄

100% it's a 2001 car then?

My dissappointment just got a bit bigger now, I was really hoping for that S12b (or S14)

9 minutes ago, superdorfer said:

Just being curious. Do you beta testers already have unlimited access to the complete DR2 game several weeks prior official release?

Just a small selection of cars and a small handful of stages 😉

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Even though I like the car, there are other Imprezas I like even more. A new Impreza was really something I was hoping for and looking forward to. The blog does state that the Impreza is a new addition to the roster so slightly confused.

The S12b would fit the Focus 2007 and C4, while the S11 would be great next to the Fabia.

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Are you sure? The 2001 one was in DR1 and D4, so doesn't really tally with this:

"New vehicles to the DiRT Rally franchise also include the ŠKODA Fabia Rally, the BMW M1 Procar Rally, and the Subaru Impreza"

...which makes perfect sense for the first two but there was a 2001 Impreza in DR1.

• Agree 5

48 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Whatever you're smoking, I want some. 

I personally don't think the "Open" SRT USA car would be comparable with a WRCar. There are a couple of S14's in the UK/Ireland, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find a real one to record. 

I can say it would do well against a s2000, there have been a couple over here completing in the last few years.

Edited by gfRally

6 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Even though I like the car, there are other Imprezas I like even more. A new Impreza was really something I was hoping for and looking forward to. The blog does state that the Impreza is a new addition to the roster so slightly confused.

The S12b would fit the Focus 2007 and C4, while the S11 would be great next to the Fabia.

Yeah, I'm confused! Any chance you can give us a sneak peek of the Impreza for confirmation @ChristinaMc? (Sorry to keep you tagging you, but you know what a bunch of cars nerds some of us are!)

The S5, S11 and S12b are my faves, so getting either the S11 or S12b would be absolutely fantastic. Technically the S14 would fit between the Focus and C4, so I guess that is a possibility. 

1 minute ago, gfRally said:

I have can say it would do well against a s2000, there have been a couple over here completing in the last few years.

S2000 cars are slower than WRCars, so I'm sorry to say I still don't think it would fit @gfRally

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 1

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the DLC being almost exclusively rehashed content with the exception of the Fabia and M1. Sure, the rallies have been overhauled and might be worth it, but the cars are really disappointing. The C4 wasn't in DiRT 4, so there's that, but the Impreza, Focus and Manta have all been in the last two games (the Manta was in DiRT 3 even!).

Then again it's a 10€ DLC so I guess that isn't too bad for the amount of content.

Edited by Oscar97

as owner of the deluxe version i find the first season ok,  i would have choosen finland over germany because of the new physics btw.

but for season 2 i expect only new RALLY locations!!!!  

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand  2018 wrc cars with random liveries!!!!!  😝❤️

Edited by teknoid85

Sadly for those of us who enjoy Dirt Rally series for the rally content, I think we can expect season 2 will be RX focused. 

• Agree 1