DiRTy Gossip Thread

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the DLC being almost exclusively rehashed content with the exception of the Fabia and M1. Sure, the rallies have been overhauled and might be worth it, but the cars are really disappointing. The C4 wasn't in DiRT 4, so there's that, but the Impreza, Focus and Manta have all been in the last two games (the Manta was in DiRT 3 even!).

Then again it's a 10€ DLC so I guess that isn't too bad for the amount of content.

Edited by Oscar97

as owner of the deluxe version i find the first season ok,  i would have choosen finland over germany because of the new physics btw.

but for season 2 i expect only new RALLY locations!!!!  

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand  2018 wrc cars with random liveries!!!!!  😝❤️

Edited by teknoid85

Sadly for those of us who enjoy Dirt Rally series for the rally content, I think we can expect season 2 will be RX focused. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Sadly for those of us who enjoy Dirt Rally series for the rally content, I think we can expect season 2 will be RX focused. 

i hope not, the already have 8 locations  and rally is the main part of the game

i WANT 3 new rally locations,  for the wrx crowd  implementate the group B wrx!

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

as owner of the deluxe version i find the first season ok,  i would have choosen finland over germany because of the new physics btw.

You’re going to be pretty disappointed. It’s been said since launch that new rallycross content will be part of the DLC. And 2018 WRC cars just isn’t going to happen

• Agree 1

A bit disappointed but mainly because Finland is not part of first DLC. I understand why some are disappointed this first DLC but then again, it's has been overhauled and of course Codemasters have to get some profit out of it. There is no Finland, Wales or Ireland but if these DLC's are not profitable for Codemasters, there is not a chance that they are going to make more new DLC's. I'm not saying that all of you need to get all DLC's but this is one way to support new content. Maybe i'm too naive about this, don't know.

I'm ok with the DLC, Sweden is for snow, Monte is legendary and Germany was fun at dirt rally so i'm happy with these. Maybe there will be season 3 DLC with Finland, Wales (some new content also) and Ireland for new location. And top of that Codemasters gives a free new long stege to Sweden, Monte and Germany because we are so supportive and fun to be with.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i hope not, the already have 8 locations  and rally is the main part of the game

i WANT 3 new rally locations,  for the wrx crowd  implementate the group B wrx!

Well I WANT more rallycross tracks. So there. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

this is dirt rally 2  not   dirt wrx 2.............  main content has to be rallysm 😉

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

DiRT Rally 2.0 has an overload of gravel anyway, While I don't really like tarmac I think it's important and I welcome the DLC.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Actually so do I. The problem with RX in previous games was that there were too few tracks. When racing online, they got stale very fast. Imho with more tracks the online experience would also be better

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@ChristinaMc Why are you using the lowest graphical settings for the Dirt Rally screenshots in the blog comparative? If you really want to compare the two games, at least use the same settings...

• Disagree 1

Itd cool that there is DLC, but I just dont like the fact that one more time we get cars in 2000s class, that never really got to meet each other

2 minutes ago, ilchiodi said:

@ChristinaMc Why are you using the lowest graphical settings for the Dirt Rally screenshots in the blog comparative? If you really want to compare the two games, at least use the same settings...

I'm pretty sure that's PS4 vs PS4.

3 minutes ago, Julo264 said:

Itd cool that there is DLC, but I just dont like the fact that one more time we get cars in 2000s class, that never really got to meet each other

The Focus and C4 met each other. The Impreza might have met someone, but I'm still confused as to which one it is! 

Edited by tbtstt

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

The Focus and C4 met each other. The Impreza might have met someone, but I'm still confused as to which one it is! 

in the previous page Christina said it was the 2001

Just now, shadow118 said:

in the previous page Christina said it was the 2001

That contradicts the press release earlier that says the Impreza is a new addition. 

(the 2001 car was in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4)

• Agree 5

Just now, tbtstt said:

The Focus and C4 met each other! The Impreza might have met someone, but I'm still confused as to which one it is! 

The Impreza still remains a bit of a mystery because of all the confusion.

Can someone please push @ChristinaMc's reset button so we can go to bed with our minds at ease? @urgaffel? Anyone?

• Haha 1

Is Focus coming too?

P.S Oh it actually does, I have missed it. Well, ta least something, though I would have prefered Xsara (I know licensing)

Edited by Julo264

14 minutes ago, zissakos1 said:

oofff! It's difficult to express my feelings about Season 1.
I mean we have requested the old locations all the time, I myself said I'd be happy for remastered DR1 locations.
But there is absolutely NOTHING NEW for DR1 veterans here (maybe 1 or 2 cars, don't know, I'm not a car enthusiast).

I just (again!) don't understand the business strategy behind this.
Who thought it was a good idea to just rehash the old content and offer NOTHING NEW...?
Was it really so difficult to include ANYTHING NEW, like at least one new location or one new stage per location???

And please don't mention new physics/tyrechoice etc.
OF COURSE you get these features "for free" if you import the old locations into a new game with a new game engine/physics etc....

So yeah. Of course I'll buy it. But it could have been so much more...

I have a same feeling. If only one new location or even a new stage per location and i would been very happy. I think that it would been great for marketing point of view too.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I expected locations to be reused from DiRT Rally (although I'm hoping they've made more of a difference in modelling in some places, because DR1 Monte doesn't really look great nowadays and the photos aren't enough to tell).

I'm still hoping there are at least some new kilometers of road even though that's highly unlikely, if that was the case they'd have said it. 

What I really can't understand is cars: we have the C4 from 2010, the Focus from 2007, the Fabia from 2003-06 and an Impreza from 2001? The 2000s class was already confused enough in DR1, now it's possibly worse. If the Impreza had been a S12b it would have made more sense

• Agree 1

I still have hope for Ireland though. Maybe if there will be seasons beyond 2, then it will happen. There is just so many little clues pointing for this location

Edited by Julo264
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, superdorfer said:

Just being curious. Do you beta testers already have unlimited access to the complete DR2 game several weeks prior official release?

Sorta, but no.

Probably shouldn't say anything... but... [REDACTED]

Genuinely unsure what we can actually talk about since Christina beats us if we tattle... We have our hands on something though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

Finland would probably actually be okay. I'm assuming they picked Germany because it's another tarmac to help "balance" it out since Spain is the only tarmac, aside from the mixed Australia surface. I never really did Monte in DR because of the weird physics, so it'll be interesting to see the change.

I'd personally rather Wales and Greece, but I suppose in terms of surface, NE and Wales are pretty similar. Australia is sort of the soft loose soil of Greece, but doesn't have the hairpins or cliff climbs that look so cool.

• Agree 1