DiRTy Gossip Thread

Looks like Jon's messing about in motors again today,

Filming tutorial videos perhaps?

32 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Possibly, or perhaps one of the DiRT 4 Supercars will make a return? (hopefully the DS3, though I suspect the Focus may be a more popular choice) 

I agree with you, guys. 4 group B RX + Bennet mini + Ds3 or Hyundaï RX (that would be IMO "the cherry on the cake").

But as I said on discord, I trully suspect a licencing issue with Hyundaï this time.

1 minute ago, JamesMcAdam said:

But as I said on discord, I trully suspect a licencing issue with Hyundaï this time.

It's a shame. Having the Hyundai in the R5 class almost would have made the poker. Only the Proton is missing and it could be added in the future.

Still hoping for a Korean Surprise

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

It's a shame. Having the Hyundai in the R5 class almost would have made the poker. Only the Proton is missing and it could be added in the future.

Still hoping for a Korean Surprise

phrasing-4ce3am.jpg

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

So it's a topic that has already been touched on in the car thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well. 

Although the BMW is a welcome surprise I am surprised not to see the 037. Given that we know the 911 SC was being recorded I wonder if there will be another couple of Group B RWD cars in the next DLC?

Given that we got six cars this time, might we get four Group B RX cars and two more Group B RWD cars in DLC2? Or perhaps the Group B RX cars be cut to two? 

I do wonder as well what has happened to these two cars. You don't just sneak peak the recording of a 911 SC/RS just to mess with us, do you? Do you?

I expect them to be released at some point unless something went wrong with the licensing afterwards, for the Porsche anyways. I don't see why there would be any trouble licensing the 037 as they have done it multiple times before and there are 3 other Lancias in the game. 

Ooooh! Any more news on the Subaru Impreza? I know @xtinamcgrath said it's the 2001 model but that completely contradicts what has been said in the blog post about it being a highly-requested new addition. I honestly don't believe for one second they would make a mistake like that, especially when it comes to an Impreza knowing full well how we feel about those gems. I did send them a tweet hoping to get an answer.

23 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Looks like Jon's messing about in motors again today,

Filming tutorial videos perhaps?

Possibly too late for that, maybe something for the launch trailer. Shame my brother no longer works at the London Rally School otherwise I could get an inside scoop 😂

Great Archer reference @SirPhilMcKraken

• Thanks 1

I personally hope that @xtinamcgrath maintains the level of confusion over the Subaru, maybe even throw in a bit more. It really really is very funny knowing @tbtstt will be going out of his mind.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I personally hope that @xtinamcgrath maintains the level of confusion over the Subaru, maybe even throw in a bit more. It really really is very funny knowing @tbtstt will be going out of his mind.

Alas we're on the forum and not on the Discord, so I can't post the appropriate expletive for you here @Rallystu2🖕

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Alas we're on the forum and not on the Discord, so I can't post the appropriate expletive for you here @Rallystu2🖕

Is it something along these lines: "You *bleep bleeping bleep* of a *bleeping bleep*! I hope you *bleeping bleep* in your *bleeping bleep*! *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!*"

If so I really do believe it's not appropriate to say that.

• Agree 1

Poor @tbtstt we pick on him from all corners, he's not part of the master race (PC), has OCD when it comes to car names and love the wrong year Subaru.  :classic_blink:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Is it something along these lines: "You *bleep bleeping bleep* of a *bleeping bleep*! I hope you *bleeping bleep* in your *bleeping bleep*! *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!*"

I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Though I might drop another mother*bleep*er in the mix, just to add a bit of variety. 

1 minute ago, gfRally said:

Poor @tbtstt we pick on him from all corners, he's not part of the master race (PC), has OCD when it comes to car names and love the wrong year Subaru.  :classic_blink:

I guess it's difficult to see what a good car looks like from the top of your master race perch... :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Maybe if @xtinamcgrath comes out and says the Impreza is 'the red one', that might help matters greatly.

Actually, it might...

coffey_myers-s12b-watersplash.jpeg?crop=

...this is the first car that springs to mind when it comes to red Impreza WRCars! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

If anyone has watched The Good Place, there are many alternatives they use. Holy motherforking shirtballs for one!

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

If anyone has watched The Good Place, there are many alternatives they use. Holy motherforking shirtballs for one!

Every time I see an advert for The Good Place I keep thinking I need to give it a look, but I haven't got round to it yet. 

Just now, tbtstt said:

Every time I see an advert for The Good Place I keep thinking I need to give it a look, but I haven't got round to it yet. 

Oh man watch it, at least all the way through to the end of season 1, I was never more surprised by a season finale in my life (in a truly great way). Once you've seen that, go and watch it again. You'll know why 😉 It is such a unique, hilarious show. If you like Brooklyn Nine Nine and Parks & Rec (all by the same guy Michael Schur) then you'll love this even though it is pretty different.

Then DM me so I actually have someone to talk about it with 😁 .... 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

8 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Ya Basic!

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Oh man watch it, at least all the way through to the end of season 1, I was never more surprised by a season finale in my life (in a truly great way). Once you've seen that, go and watch it again. You'll know why 😉 It is such a unique, hilarious show. If you like Brooklyn Nine Nine and Parks & Rec (all by the same guy Michael Schur) then you'll love this even though it is pretty different.

Then DM me so I actually have someone to talk about it with 😁 .... 😭

Confession time: I'm in the same boat with Parks & Rec. Every snippet of it I've seen I have laughed at, but I have to catch up on that as well. 

The fact you have mentioned Brooklyn is encouraging though: that's pretty much my favourite thing on TV at the moment!

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Confession time: I'm in the same boat with Parks & Rec. Every snippet of it I've seen I have laughed at, but I have to catch up on that as well. 

The fact you have mentioned Brooklyn is encouraging though: that's pretty much my favourite thing on TV at the moment!

Parks & Rec is great (from season 2 onwards, season 1 is shakey) but TGP is much better IMO. He also did writing for The Office (US) which is also one of my favourite all time shows so I'm starting to think I'm a fanboy subconsciously lol

3 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Give me classic British comedy any day of the week. Everything from Blackadder to Are You Being Served.

Classic British comedy is also great, can't count how many times I've watched the entire Fawlty Towers and Blackadder boxsets but the US does do some great comedies as well, I'd actually say I prefer a lot of modern US comedies to British ones, last British comedy I actually remember really enjoying was The Inbetweeners.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken

13 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Parks & Rec is great (from season 2 onwards, season 1 is shakey) but TGP is much better IMO. He also did writing for The Office (US) which is also one of my favourite all time shows so I'm starting to think I'm a fanboy subconsciously lol

Classic British comedy is also great, can't count how many times I've watched the entire Fawlty Towers and Blackadder boxsets but the US does do some great comedies as well, I'd actually say I prefer a lot of modern US comedies to British ones, last British comedy I actually remember really enjoying was The Inbetweeners.

I gave the US Office a wide berth, should I have given that a look? 

The Inbetweeners is great, one of my favourite comedy series. Not new enough to be classed as modern and not old enough to be classic but Father Ted is up there for me as well. Fawlty Towers and Blackadder are both pretty much faultless, though my all time favourite has to be Spaced. 

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I gave the US Office a wide berth, should I have given that a look? 

The Inbetweeners is great, one of my favourite comedy series. Not new enough to be classed as modern and not old enough to be classic but Father Ted is up there for me as well. Fawlty Towers and Blackadder are both pretty much faultless, though my all time favourite has to be Spaced. 

I personally loved it (also disliked the UK version, I'm a bit weird like that). It captures office culture in a great satirical way and Steve Carell as Michael Scott is just the best.

Here's a great clip, probably one of the best episodes. Father Ted is also a great one!

I haven't yet watched Spaced, not been on my radar really but I will give it a watch 🙂

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken

Ok guys, it's nearly impossible to follow the Discord channel when you live a life with work, a wife & 2 kids.

I'll keep concentrating on the Gossip thread here on the forums...

• Agree 7

10 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I personally loved it (also disliked the UK version, I'm a bit weird like that). It captures office culture in a great satirical way and Steve Carell as Michael Scott is just the best.

Here's a great clip, probably one of the best episodes. Father Ted is also a great one!🙂

I watched the UK Office, but didn't love it. Ricky Gervais character is just too much in places! I like Steve Carell so I should really give it a spin, just for him. 

(Slightly off topic but have you ever seen Office Space? Love that film, but no one has ever seen it!)

10 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I haven't yet watched Spaced, not been on my radar really but I will give it a watch 🙂

For me it's the best thing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have done by a significant margin (and I love Shaun... & Hot Fuzz). Like Fawlty Towers there are only a handful of episodes, but I could watch it endlessly.