DiRTy Gossip Thread

2 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

@Rallystu2 I always forget Mull. Need to add that to my list...

It's cracking. Really is worth the trip. So much variety across the island, and it's easy enough to get to if you can stomach the long drive north.

• Agree 1

The Clapton stages last year was the first proper closed road event in the U.K. my brother was competing, I went out to watch and it was brilliant despite heavily restricted viewing areas

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Driving in DR with triples is such a cool feeling. The hairpins are awesome, and racing along on Greece being able to see the drop makes it surprisingly more intense.

The immersion was incredible and we all felt like rally drivers for a weekend. The adrenaline to get good results and score points, public watching. It was an intense fight between top 2 and between 3rd and 4th after the 3rd round. We basically went to Wales not having a winner and being a title deciser. Unfortunately we're not sure if the tournament is going to take place this year because FormulaSim, the simulators provider, has closed and there's no signs of the sims.

Barely related to DiRT (but when does that stop us in the Gossip thread), but I see that Oliver Solberg has signed with Subaru USA to run in the ARA this year. 

Interesting move, would have thought that pursuing a European title would have been better progression for him, but nice to see a Solberg in a Subaru again!

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rygar86 said:

Time Stamped Video: Really makes me wish that Codemasters still made Super Special Stages in their rally games!

Imagine the online tournaments that could be created if each location in the game had a super special! You could create a whole world championship of just Super Specials for some quick and dirty rally action on the go. Set it up as a knockout tournament and fight your way to the top against other online opponents. Within an hour or so you could play out the whole thing and have an outcome in a more bit sized rally experience. With some good replay/streaming implementation it could be a great eSports experience with a lot of potential me thinks.

Yes RX offers a lot of this but its still not rally and for some variety and more pure rally experience, I think it would be a lot of fun. Maybe I will get into RX a bit more this time seeing as how they have more tracks, but if I'm honest, I have barely given it a thought since DR 2.0 was announced.

But thinking about Super Specials has me excited (even if it's just a dream at this stage), so maybe there is something to be said for that or maybe its just me?

I've been suggesting this since DR1, it would have plenty of uses, from championship creation to rally openers and it'd be a return to the old games as well where you can race head to head with someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Seeing that Impreza being developed reminded me of this one 😛

Proton Pruta WRC - Prototype.jpg

The Putra WRC: not at all obvious that it was built by Prodrive, is it? :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Pretty much. Up until last year, closing public roads for rallying wasn't possible in law, so we have no closed road events. Weirdly, there was one (Jim Clark Rally in Scottish Borders) but it hasn't run for a few years since an accident killed two people who were (incorrectly) reported to be spectators. Within the UK, it's possible in Northern Ireland and debatably (as to whether it's UK or not|) Isle of Man, but not within Great Britain (the mainland). There are a few that run on private land, like Epynt, and some tarmac parts of gravel stages on private estates.

Two of the rounds of the normal British Championship are outside the UK, in Cork and Ypres, for similar reasons. 

Also, you have the best roads for tarmac rallying in the world. That's why me and lots of other Brits visit Bastogne, Ypres, Condroz etc each year 😉

The first proper closed public-road rally in England took place last year actually. The "Corbeau Seats Rally Tendring & Clacton". This was very much a pilot event for the start of closed road rallying in mainland UK.

It was a success and is returning again in April this year. There was talk of including it in the British Tarmac Rally Champ but i think given its infancy, it has been left off the schedule for 2019.

I'm sure it's a given but can anyone confirm if Online/community events and Leagues/Clubs will be cross platform?

I was in a few Dirt rally ones on PS4 but will have Dirt Rally 2.0 on PC. Would be nice to be able to compete with the same members.

• Like 1

Need 2019 STRUSA subaru NOW! Pretty please 😀

@tbtstt

Edited by gfRally
  • Like 1

As I said in my previous post I think it's an interesting move as I would have thought that pursuing a European title would have been better progression for him. 

That said he would be daft to turn down a paid drive and it's nice to see a Solberg in a Subaru again!

I think a European title bid would have been way more expensive than a season in the USA. Added the fact that the USA side pretty much has no competition he can grow and make mistakes while still taking podium finishes, which will look very good when they approach potential sponsors and partners for 2020.

• Agree 1

Hi team! So, there's been a bit of confusion over which Impreza's going to be in the Season One pack. After double and triple checking, I can confirm that it is the 2008 Subaru Impreza coming in Week 9. We were right in the first place, the correction was wrong - it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

However, because of the boo-boo, I'm allowed to tell you this: there was only confusion because we'll be bringing the 2001 Impreza to the game in another Season. 😉 

Sorry again! The good news is, we know to double and triple check before publishing/amending lists now... 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

I think a European title bid would have been way more expensive than a season in the USA. Added the fact that the USA side pretty much has no competition he can grow and make mistakes while still taking podium finishes, which will look very good when they approach potential sponsors and partners for 2020.

Yeah. In that car he is pretty much guaranteed a podium finish. Even the terrible drivers have managed a podium in SRT USA cars (and we know that Oliver is far from a terrible driver).

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi team! So, there's been a bit of confusion over which Impreza's going to be in the Season One pack. After double and triple checking, I can confirm that it is the 2008 Subaru Impreza coming in Week 9. We were right in the first place, the correction was wrong - it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

However, because of the boo-boo, I'm allowed to tell you this: there was only confusion because we'll be bringing the 2001 Impreza to the game in another Season. 😉 

Sorry again! The good news is, we know to double and triple check before publishing/amending lists now... 

We need the awsome tag back!  

Hey this is MY opinion, you guys can have yours 😀

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hurrah, I can sleep again this week! 😄 If I'm honest - and I don't like to be negative - that is a slightly disappointing choice of Impreza, but great to have confirmation at last.

And good news on the return of the 2001 car as well, I wonder if it will be joined by the 2001 Focus? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So it should be S2 DLC with :

- 4 RX Group B

- Bennet's mini

- 2001 Impreza

+ RX tracks.

Still no hyundaï.

:classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

this one????????????❤️❤️❤️

Yeah, that's the S14.