DiRTy Gossip Thread

Just now, mirk1983 said:

Thats looks like a WRC2 car. 

WRC cars use a paddle.

it's the polo wrc.....

• Agree 1

ok, my mistake, it was impressed in my mind that gearstick near the handbrake 😉

15 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Previous generation WRC cars didn't have paddles to shift gears for a few years.

@teknoid85 You are correct.

That's two generations back. 2015 was before areo changes and I'd say that's the moment we can call a new generation.

• Agree 1

Paddles were being used in the early 2000s too. Was the 206 one of the first? Think so. 

It was a sort of push pull ring, not a paddle per-se, but it was on the steering wheel.

Edited by Rallystu2

Yea might've been. I know Burns was using it in 01 but I couldn't remember if it was peugeot first or not. I remember the peugeot one more distinctly is all.

Well found.

Subaru was the first to use the fly by wire, but Mitsubishi already used the sequential in 97, they were the first ones.

On the german Wikipedia it says paddles where banned in ´11 and unbanned in 15 i think ?

54 minutes ago, paint21 said:

On the german Wikipedia it says paddles where banned in ´11 and unbanned in 15 i think ?

Can't confirm the years but I know the paddles were banned for some years. I believe it got banned when 2000cc ended in 2010 and it got to 1600cc in 2011, so that might be correct.

I hope someday we can see the upgrade back to 2000cc. Imagine how much power that would be, given that with a 1600cc the manufacturers are already able to extract 380HP. We could have horsepower close to the Group B and the 2000cc noise is so much better.

25 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Can't confirm the years but I know the paddles were banned for some years. I believe it got banned when 2000cc ended in 2010 and it got to 1600cc in 2011, so that might be correct.

I hope someday we can see the upgrade back to 2000cc. Imagine how much power that would be, given that with a 1600cc the manufacturers are already able to extract 380HP. We could have horsepower close to the Group B and the 2000cc noise is so much better.

As world rallycross will go full electic 2020, maybee that is the next step for the WRC cars also 😄

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/134257/world-rx-to-make-electric-switch-for-2020

Edited by mirk1983

34 minutes ago, BotaCalor said:

For now, i think hybrid is the only possible solution, full electric would be impossible without dramatic changes to the current WRC format

Totaly agree. 

Edited by mirk1983

Not to mention sound will be ****.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

That isn't happening until 2021 now. 

Well then everyone will be glad that CM can't get the licenses for "modern" cars and we'll be stuck with proper explosive powered forward momentum machines.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Yep I'm particularly looking forward to reviewers referring to stage runs as 'laps'. And getting the stage degradation system wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rallystu2 said:

Yep I'm particularly looking forward to reviewers referring to stage runs as 'laps'. And getting the stage degradation system wrong.

Quote for truth. 

Hopefully somewhere out there a reviewer with a sense of sim racing can give us some good views. I know Jimmy Broadbent has a video ready to go. 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:15 PM, Riggs said:

Another meme for my memefolio 😄 thanks

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Steam preload a few days earlier as well, like in PSN?

There will be pre-load options on all platforms - as soon as I get an ETA on when it will be available for each platform, I'll let you know. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5