DiRTy Gossip Thread

Whoa Australias one stage has even more tarmac than what we've seen in Poland. Could almost be considered a mixed surface rally. Didn't expect that, very happy about it!

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, toninus said:

Considering almost everyone is showing rally and not rallycross, I hope the WRX FIA paid codies to have WRX into the game !

I'll be doing my best to level the balance when I get my hands on the game Friday*! 

* Dependant on DPD delivery driver competence. 

• Haha 1

The funny thing about the stage rally comment, is that RX is actually pretty good now, can really get into it, technical handling from stage improvements has come across and new tracks are more technical than you think.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks @KingOfCoins for the RX liveries overview. Nice to see the BWT Müller livery is also in 🙂
Interesting that still Doran is not in the game. Still a ban from his little fight?

48 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

He seems genuinely excited for DR2.0 and the ruts look like they are really causing him to work the car. GETTING SO HYPED

He really looks hyped about this. And it's good, because he wasn't particularly fond of D4 for mainly the same reasons as me. Plus, the driving model looks VERY good and Australia may well be my favorite location yet again... I love that scenery and elevation changes, I even enjoyed it in DiRT 4

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ShodanCat said:

He still thinks the tarmac physics are poor though.

Well compared to his experiences in AC and the rest, I'm sure they are sub-par compared to those dedicated circuit racing titles but everything I've seen makes it look like v2.5 physics for Dirt Rally. Back towards the old handling model and better than D4, but with more weight and natural feel than DR1 gave us.

• Agree 2

Steam tells me I can pre-load DR2.0, it's 48GB.

Is this all for the complete deluxe-version and it's blocked till release day or do I have to download much on friday @ChristinaMc I ask this as I'd planed to take my PC to the office on friday as the internet is so much faster there... otherwise I start downloading it tonight and it should finish till friday here at home :classic_blink:

And when will it be playable/downloadable on friday?

The videos so far look really great and a HUGE thanks to @KingOfCoins for his livery video!!!! Love the vid but not the conclusions I get out of it...

Edited by LutzM

I might have a tip for some of you posting videos: Youtube's compression is really high on 1080p (Full HD) content, which makes fast moving scenes very grained and pixelated. Even on 60fps videos this high compression is visible. But you can get rid of it in the next resolution. At 1440p youtube seems to use a much less strong compression on the video, which makes fast moving scenes a lot lot sharper.

The 1080p version of your video will still be highly compressed, but the 1440p and above will be very clear even when fast moving. I try to upload everything in at least 1440p since I realized this. ...A nice thanks for this 'excellent Pro-consumer-advice' would be a little subscribe to my channel, so YT will maybe take me back into it's partners program one day... (1k subs needed for that since some months 😞  )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Interesting that still Doran is not in the game. Still a ban from his little fight?

His ban has finished now. I believe Marklund paid for his drive with GCK last year, so perhaps that is why he takes precedence. More interesting that Jerome Grosset-Janin isn't in, clearly not popular at the moment...

24 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I might have a tip for some of you posting videos: Youtube's compression is really high on 1080p (Full HD) content, which makes fast moving scenes very grained and pixelated. Even on 60fps videos this high compression is visible. But you can get rid of it in the next resolution. At 1440p youtube seems to use a much less strong compression on the video, which makes fast moving scenes a lot lot sharper.

The 1080p version of your video will still be highly compressed, but the 1440p and above will be very clear even when fast moving. I try to upload everything in at least 1440p since I realized this. ...A nice thanks for this 'excellent Pro-consumer-advice' would be a little subscribe to my channel, so YT will maybe take me back into it's partners program one day... (1k subs needed for that since some months 😞  )

Something is weird with youtube, I mean even 4k res videos on it look much more grained and pixelated compared to other sites with the same res. 

Tarmac is indeed a big step forward from previous games, it's got more to go, but it's not bad unless you compare to tarmac only games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Jimmy Broadbent is streaming live at the moment, in career mode.

23 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I'm streaming as well but don't think I'll get as many hits lol

if you want  can you try a bit delta integrale  on  poland-newzealand???

1 hour ago, ShodanCat said:

He still thinks the tarmac physics are poor though.

Well, I can't comment fully because I've never tried it, but from the videos it looks better than DiRT Rally but not great. Compared to reality, other full-tarmac games, and considering that gravel physics look spot on. The physics seem better in the tarmac sections of Australia, with the car in gravel setting, actually. They look really nice compared to real life too

Just now, carpa said:

Well, I can't comment fully because I've never tried it, but from the videos it looks better than DiRT Rally but not great. Compared to reality, other full-tarmac games, and considering that gravel physics look spot on. The physics seem better in the tarmac sections of Australia, with the car in gravel setting, actually. They look really nice compared to real life too

I completely respect and understand your opinion, but the tarmac physics look basically exactly the same. Jimmy Broadbent is playing it live on tarmac right now and he's saying it's not any better.

So you're saying you disagree because it does look any better and broad "not a good driver" bent says they're the same?

I guarantee you they're not the same, they are better.

3 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

I completely respect and understand your opinion, but the tarmac physics look basically exactly the same. Jimmy Broadbent is playing it live on tarmac right now and he's saying it's not any better.

The same compared to DiRT Rally or to DiRT 4? They do look quite similar to D4, a bit tighter in my opinion. Less sliding expecially in the slow speeds, at high speeds it still looks a bit to slidy at the rear, as if the car 'rotates' in the corner around its centre

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

So you're saying you disagree because it does look any better and broad "not a good driver" bent says they're the same?

I guarantee you they're not the same, they are better.

Respectfully, do you think you might be a bit biased having been given the beta opportunity? I don't mean that as some sort of insult, I just think if you feel Codies singled you out and "chose" you for some reason, it's going to alter your perceptions a little bit.

• Disagree 1

I see where you're going, that's fine, but we weren't pulled in for the beta.  We were brought in at the pre alpha stage to provide feedback on the handling.

There was no game when we started.

The tarmac handling still needs work in my opinion, but it's a good step up from previous games.  We're still giving them feedback that they're requesting.

• Agree 2

Oh yeah, preload on Steam is now up 😄 @ChristinaMc

Let's go for it bois!

unknown.png

1396694661_SemTtulo.thumb.png.83dbf47db9ae610d68168ab56041ee03.png

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

That download speed.... How I envy you. I get 2.5MB/s at most

Also saw the C4 on Jimmy Broadbent's stream

Which makes me wonder what 'official livery' it will have. Solberg's 2010 livery?

c4.PNG