DiRTy Gossip Thread

Liveries:

Since we are still stuck with the old Paul Coleman comment of adding liveries into the game (since D4) anyone up to the challenge of making a program to choose and insert user made liveries into the game?  Has one ever been done for D4 that could be updated?  

I used one long ago for DR1 that was pretty well thought out.

25 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Please make Hardcore available in career path (assuming from comments it isn’t currently).

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-20-42.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-26-00.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-31-25.png

i did cover this in video.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

not sure maybe little happy rocks in the road not really sure need a dev to confirm this.

15 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

But this is Historic Mode not career mode?

Please link 

to your video if it is in career mode too thanks

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-26-00.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-31-25.png

i did cover this in video.

ops sorry man pretty tired just woke up. yeah career cant seem to change it which is odd.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

ops sorry man pretty tired just woke up. yeah career cant seem to change it which is odd.

Thanks for clarification. It’s not a deal breaker by any means but I am slightly saddened by this evidently strange decision.

18 minutes ago, chukonu said:

"Unexpected Moments"? Do I want to know what this option does?

Based from my experice of DR & D4, my guess is that there will be broken down competitors in side off the road, drones almost hit you’re windscreen and so on. 

But I really hope this feature include random rocks on the stages, specially on side of the road to combat the heavy cutting some do. 

I must say that I like the presentation a lot. Looks very polished, so great work there 👍

• Agree 3

image.png.3b0c212c6cebb3202fe09a6fee475a8d.png

@dgeesi0 have you figured out yet where to change the DR2.0 image here?

It looks like a profile pic but I haven't found any place (on Xbox One X) where it can be changed.

Would love a video showing multiplayer options. I realise there aren’t enough people yet to see gameplay but would just like to see what freedom is available when creating an online event.

• Agree 1

Just now, Voidhawk said:

Would love a video showing multiplayer options. I realise there aren’t enough people yet to see gameplay but would just like to see what freedom is available when creating an online event.

I'll have a quick look tonight.

From what I can tell when you're in the Custom Event/Championship menu you can set whether your current Championship is offline, Private or Public.

That leads me to believe that your Custom Events can be used online against other players.

• Like 1

I’ve just noticed on a live stream that you can see all the splits on results page like in dirt 4. Happy as this wasn’t in Dirt Rally 1

Here's some Time Trial footage, Xbox One X (controller):

Edited by PJTierney

Is it me, or do the RX physics look different compared to the Pre-Release builds? Could also be the players on YouTube just suck at it, but it seems they are a bit less grippy and less powerfull than in the pre-release build footage we saw.

• Agree 1

You can really throw the RX cars into the corners @JorritVD, they have plenty of front grip but once you slide the rear into the corner it just hooks up and away you go.

26 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Is it me, or do the RX physics look different compared to the Pre-Release builds? Could also be the players on YouTube just suck at it, but it seems they are a bit less grippy and less powerfull than in the pre-release build footage we saw.

The gravel grip is very slippy, in a good way. You really have to hug the apexes and feather the throttle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, bogani said:

The gravel grip is very slippy, in a good way. You really have to hug the apexes and feather the throttle. 

Despite this I still soften the hell out of my suspension lol, could hold a full beer in my car while driving 

Here's how not to take corner 7 of Mettet in the EKS S1.... (from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

(from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

First time I did Catalunya last night I took 2 Joker laps as I got lost :classic_blush:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

First time I did Catalunya last night I took 2 Joker laps as I got lost :classic_blush:

Me too, I think I've gotten lost on all the new tracks lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Despite this I still soften the hell out of my suspension lol, could hold a full beer in my car while driving 

Here's how not to take corner 7 of Mettet in the EKS S1.... (from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

@urgaffel doing too good of a job there, when you follow another car very closely all you can see is dust. Might be a bit of a problem when you don't know the circuit like me... 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, carpa said:

@urgaffel doing too good of a job there, when you follow another car very closely all you can see is dust. Might be a bit of a problem when you don't know the circuit like me... 

Yeah screw you @urgaffel for blinding me! 💘

• Like 1
  • Haha 3