Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

Liveries:

 

Since we are still stuck with the old Paul Coleman comment of adding liveries into the game (since D4) anyone up to the challenge of making a program to choose and insert user made liveries into the game?  Has one ever been done for D4 that could be updated?  

 

I used one long ago for DR1 that was pretty well thought out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Please make Hardcore available in career path (assuming from comments it isn’t currently).

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-20-42.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-26-00.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-31-25.png

i did cover this in video.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure maybe little happy rocks in the road not really sure need a dev to confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

But this is Historic Mode not career mode?

Please link 

to your video if it is in career mode too thanks

 

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-26-00.png

dirtrally2-2019-02-19-10-55-31-25.png

i did cover this in video.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ops sorry man pretty tired just woke up. yeah career cant seem to change it which is odd.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

ops sorry man pretty tired just woke up. yeah career cant seem to change it which is odd.

Thanks for clarification. It’s not a deal breaker by any means but I am slightly saddened by this evidently strange decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chukonu said:

"Unexpected Moments"? Do I want to know what this option does?

Based from my experice of DR & D4, my guess is that there will be broken down competitors in side off the road, drones almost hit you’re windscreen and so on. 

But I really hope this feature include random rocks on the stages, specially on side of the road to combat the heavy cutting some do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that I like the presentation a lot. Looks very polished, so great work there 👍

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.3b0c212c6cebb3202fe09a6fee475a8d.png

 

@dgeesi0 have you figured out yet where to change the DR2.0 image here?

 

It looks like a profile pic but I haven't found any place (on Xbox One X) where it can be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love a video showing multiplayer options. I realise there aren’t enough people yet to see gameplay but would just like to see what freedom is available when creating an online event.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Voidhawk said:

Would love a video showing multiplayer options. I realise there aren’t enough people yet to see gameplay but would just like to see what freedom is available when creating an online event.

I'll have a quick look tonight.

 

From what I can tell when you're in the Custom Event/Championship menu you can set whether your current Championship is offline, Private or Public.

That leads me to believe that your Custom Events can be used online against other players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just noticed on a live stream that you can see all the splits on results page like in dirt 4. Happy as this wasn’t in Dirt Rally 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some Time Trial footage, Xbox One X (controller):
 

 

Edited by PJTierney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me, or do the RX physics look different compared to the Pre-Release builds? Could also be the players on YouTube just suck at it, but it seems they are a bit less grippy and less powerfull than in the pre-release build footage we saw.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can really throw the RX cars into the corners @JorritVD, they have plenty of front grip but once you slide the rear into the corner it just hooks up and away you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Is it me, or do the RX physics look different compared to the Pre-Release builds? Could also be the players on YouTube just suck at it, but it seems they are a bit less grippy and less powerfull than in the pre-release build footage we saw.

 

The gravel grip is very slippy, in a good way. You really have to hug the apexes and feather the throttle. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bogani said:

The gravel grip is very slippy, in a good way. You really have to hug the apexes and feather the throttle. 

Despite this I still soften the hell out of my suspension lol, could hold a full beer in my car while driving 

Here's how not to take corner 7 of Mettet in the EKS S1.... (from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

 

 

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

(from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

 

First time I did Catalunya last night I took 2 Joker laps as I got lost :classic_blush:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

First time I did Catalunya last night I took 2 Joker laps as I got lost :classic_blush:

 

Me too, I think I've gotten lost on all the new tracks lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Despite this I still soften the hell out of my suspension lol, could hold a full beer in my car while driving 

Here's how not to take corner 7 of Mettet in the EKS S1.... (from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

 

 

@urgaffel doing too good of a job there, when you follow another car very closely all you can see is dust. Might be a bit of a problem when you don't know the circuit like me... 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carpa said:

@urgaffel doing too good of a job there, when you follow another car very closely all you can see is dust. Might be a bit of a problem when you don't know the circuit like me... 

Yeah screw you @urgaffel for blinding me! 💘

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×