DiRTy Gossip Thread

31 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

(and also need licensing approvals!)

The story of DR2.0's entire hype train

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Nonetheless, this is one of the few games and communities where the ambience is actually friendly and there's some sort of teamwork in a way, competitions aside. Rally is the kind of sport that unites people in general and that's one of the reasons I also love it.

Yeah it is mostly very good, one of the best I’ve been a part of!

8 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Demo derby

I’d bloody love that, because wreckfest has been delayed on Xbox for about the one millionth time

Just now, RallyDriven said:

I’d bloody love that, because wreckfest has been delayed on Xbox for about the one millionth time

Is that still not out?! Lmao, wow. I didn't realise it had been delayed for so long, longest ever development for a racing game. Great game though, haven't tried the multiplayer much but its a fun "anger reliever" lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

The moaning in this thread lately has annoyed me cause I’m so ******* excited for Friday! I swear gaming communities have got so toxic in the last few years, people just ***** and moan and demand answers from people constantly at all times.

Quit your whining. 

• Haha 3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! W>T>F is this for ................

they canceled my order.

canceled.png.00bc143e2a371b642c6ee54779c2f11e.png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

they canceled my order.

Why? My Finnish has slipped a bit recently.......or Dutch, or whatever it is.

My translation is " the best selling van with dirt rally 2.0 has left the bar and the door on the bestselling annual motorway. 11 excuses here forth" am I close?

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

they canceled my order.

That sucks man. Anywhere else in Holland that sell the deluxe edition?

4 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

That sucks man. Anywhere else in Holland that sell the deluxe edition?

Well, they offered me the day-one edition + code for the Deluxe Edition content for the price of the Day-One edition. So basically getting the Deluxe Edition now for the price of the Day-One edition as compensation.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Is that still not out?! Lmao, wow. I didn't realise it had been delayed for so long, longest ever development for a racing game. Great game though, haven't tried the multiplayer much but its a fun "anger reliever" lol

No it was supposed to be early last year, then it got delayed to late last year, currently it has a placeholder release date of 31/12/19. Plus I think it was originally announced for console in early 2016, so it’s getting pretty ridiculous 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Don't worry, I won't forget you guys! I'll make sure to slap a #Dirty-Gossip decal on that custom livery I'll be running in the finals 😉

Edited by CatBadders
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Can anyone of the beta-boys tell me if there is only a female-co in german or also a guy available? Saw a german vid and got scared...and this is not a post against girls!

Oh boy... my rant got way over the way here! 

Anyways, I slept on the matter and decided, that even If I not throwing my moneys in a deluxe edition, I'll eventually buy the normal one, if the reviews are in favour of it. I'm not going to get into the hype train like I did with D4, since the situation it's almost the same. i had a rally that weekend and I was not happy to be there... just wanna come home and D4 my way into the night. Got massive burn with that. Let my good friends from SimRacing Portugal get the game and then decide, since realisticly I just have time to play on the 1st of March.

I just have a question. If, and when I buy the game, and I do like how it feels and drives. I know that eventually I can get the Porsche, but can I also get the Season pack and have the same release dates as does that bought the deluxe edition?

And to finish, my two cents on the DLC canandrum

If Codies came with new ralies, people would've complain that they didn't release the full game just to make more money. If they use old stuff, people complain about recycled stuff. Sincerely, it's a loose/loose situation for them. I just hope that I like the game, because I'm happy to have a lot more tarmac in it and 3 totally new cars (I guees that they rearange what's wrong with the c4, so it's more like 4 cars)

Cheers

PS - If you want to have a big lol, here is the entry list for our first championship round

http://www.fpak.pt/sites/default/files/paginas/regulamentacao-das-provas/rallye-serras-fafe-21-23-fevereiro-2019/29239-inscritos_rallye_serras_de_fafe_-_atualiz_gc_-_publicacao_ert.pdf

Edited by TheFlyingTuga
  • Agree 2

And the "beta-kings" can please show us meere peasants a video from the 208 R2? I'm dying to see one

(I'm just having a bit of trolling, take it with a pinch of salt, but want that video though)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can any of the beta/current participants let us know if DR2 supports automatically changing max steering wheel degrees per car? So like a newer R5 might be 200 degrees or something but a Renault 5 might be 540 degrees, and the game would set your wheel to match that (if supported.) Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 had this feature.

3 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

And the "beta-kings" can please show us meere peasants a video from the 208 R2? I'm dying to see one

(I'm just having a bit of trolling, take it with a pinch of salt, but want that video though)

Will try and remember to do this tonight as part of the stream.

Just now, ShodanCat said:

Can any of the beta/current participants let us know if DR2 supports automatically changing max steering wheel degrees per car? So like a newer R5 might be 200 degrees or something but a Renault 5 might be 540 degrees, and the game would set your wheel to match that (if supported.) Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 had this feature.

Yes, soft lock is in the game. I always have the game select the right DOR to have it as authentic as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShodanCat said:

We're talking about softlock right? I'm 99.9% positive I've seen the option in a few different streams and would be absolutely dumbfounded if it wasn't in 2.0; it's a basic mechanic of almost all racing games now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Yes, soft lock is in the game. I always have the game select the right DOR to have it as authentic as possible.

Thank You Phil

21 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Sorry for the ignorance, but how can I access this functionality in DR1? I've simply set the wheel rotation on the Thrustmaster software to 540, as I suppose that's what was being used in the late 90s early 2000s cars.

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Sorry for the ignorance, but how can I access this functionality in DR1? I've simply set the wheel rotation on the Thrustmaster software to 540, as I suppose that's what was being used in the late 90s early 2000s cars.

Set your software to 900 the game will lock it in right angle depending on the car you drive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Put your wheel to its max rotation in your Thrustmaster software and find the option called Soft Lock in your wheel settings in-game and turn it on, it will then set the correct wheel rotation for each car. 

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Like 1