DiRTy Gossip Thread

1 minute ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

the online portion of the game, the career path part

And this is exactly where they screwed up. I'm sorry, I love this game and will have no issues staying online, but no game should ever require an internet connection to play CAREER MODE WHICH IS SINGLE PLAYER.

Full stop. It is a terrible game design to require the internet connection for single player content, especially when it is the main part of the content. It's career mode. I understand wanting to tie career to MP & eSports, but this is a terrible way to do so.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CatBadders said:

And this is exactly where they screwed up. I'm sorry, I love this game and will have no issues staying online, but no game should ever require an internet connection to play CAREER MODE WHICH IS SINGLE PLAYER.

Full stop. It is a terrible game design to require the internet connection for single player content, especially when it is the main part of the content. It's career mode. I understand wanting to tie career to MP & eSports, but this is a terrible way to do so.

i think that people who play games also have an internet connection...........   even with a smatrphone you can do usb tethering to your pc........   so this is a nonproblem imho 😉

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i think that people who play games also have an internet connection...........   even with a smatrphone you can do usb tethering to your pc........   so this is a nonproblem imho 😉

I could understand if it s a multiplayer game but this not this one and i do not have a pc .... 

• Agree 1

When you see what is in the career section and what is outside, it might make more sense.

Not sure if I'd class it as the single player part of the game or not.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

When you see what is in the career section and what is outside, it might make more sense.

Not sure if I'd class it as the single player part of the game or not.

And see that? That is a fair assessment but that really isn't what it has felt like was conveyed to the playerbase. From the outside view, My Team has been billed as the "Single Player Career experience". We all could be completely wrong about that, but I think it needs to be cleared up ASAP because I think everyone can see the inevitable backlash brewing.

I think the ultimate test though is this - does the garage of vehicles I have purchased in game reside within My Team or does it reside outside of it?

If the credits I earn from doing single player "career" style races are locked behind an internet connection... well, just be ready for the inevitable outcry. I've got stable internet so it won't stop me, but the rest of the web might not be so kind.

Edited by CatBadders
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

do usb-tethering:   i don't really think it will waste very much of your dataplan

Maybe Windows 10 decides to auto update and the data plan is gone.

I can not really see a reason for the Internet requirement. If it's to verify times, then generate a token after each career event, send it to the server and if the connection can not be stablished store it to send it later or just don't save it remotely. 

For me the problem is that you depend on Codemasters maintening their server in the future to play that part of the game. 

It's fine for some people to think we have great connections. But depending on the country or area that's not true. Also some people travels and maybe they don't have an Internet connection during the weekend. 

Probably must people can connect to the Internet somehow if they need to. But why are the adding that level of frustration if you don't have a connection? I never play online because I just want to play for 45 minutes or an hour and then do something else.

And yes it's cool saying, then don't buy the game, do tethering, etc, but they should think about their customers a bit more. 

And because this thread is about gossip maybe the Internet requirement is to find the next Colin and offer that person a WRC. 

Not sure MyTeam was billed as much of anything for DR2.

I see the point made, but everywhere I looked it says it needs a net connection.  

You only buy cars in the "internet mode" they're all there in the other modes to just use.

No, this really is about the person with a console in 2019 not having an internet connection and not realising they're not going to have access to everything in the game without one.

Plenty of the game is available without a net connection, you're pretty blind to expect a 2019 game not to want some kind of net connection for at least part of it these days.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Agree 3

OK sooo... If I play on Xbox, do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to access My Team mode or is it working without Gold and 'only' requires permanent internet connection?

Not sure MyTeam was billed as much of anything for DR2.

I see the point made, but everywhere I looked it says it needs a net connection.  

You only buy cars in the "internet mode" they're all there in the other modes to just use.

Fair enough, it may not have been billed as anything and everyone just assumed it was the next career mode - that is our fault for speculating.

But from what you just described, it sounds like you can summarize DR2.0 like this: Want offline play? Cool, go play custom events. Want to actually progress and complete a "career mode" - well your peasant ass should get some stable internet.

I might be wrong, but this is the general gist of what I believe the internet is feeling right now in regards to the net connection required. Like I said, for some of us it literally makes no difference. But for others, like me from years ago, we bought these games because the setup we had didn't make a net connection viable. We bought games to keep ourselves entertained since we couldn't stream movies or anything, we had to deal with whatever we had in house. Sure customs will still be fun, but racing the AI in a career and progressing is what got me to boot up the game daily (D2/3).

7 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

No, this really is about the person with a console in 2019 not having an internet connection and not realising they're not going to have access to everything in the game without one.

Plenty of the game is available without a net connection, you're pretty blind to expect a 2019 game not to want some kind of net connection for at least part of it these days.

All games in gog.com don't force you to have a connection. But maybe that's an edge case because that the company philoshy. But think a out Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, etc. If you want to use specific o line modes then you need a connection, those were you play with more people. But a career mode with online requirement breaks the game. Again I add the NBA 2K example, were you can not even see career videos if you don't have a connection. 

Edited by CodingRacer
Connection dropped
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

OK sooo... If I play on Xbox, do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to access My Team mode or is it working without Gold and 'only' requires permanent internet connection?

I m in the same situation on xbox toou think you really need gold 😞

1 minute ago, CodingRacer said:

All game in gog.com don't force you to have a connection. But maybe that's an edge case because that the company pholoshy. But think a out Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, etc. If you want to use specific o line modes then you need a connection, those were you play with more people. But a career mode with online requirement breaks the game. Again I add the NBA 2K example, were you can not even see career videos if you don't have a connection. 

And the same for anthem....

8 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

4 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

I m in the same situation on xbox toou think you really need gold 😞

In pretty sure You don't need gold. It's the daily challenges and leaderboards. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

In pretty sure You don't need gold. It's the daily challenges and leaderboards. 

It doesn t change anything about our problem for a solo carreer mode it will be cool if you could choose to be online or off ! 

14 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

I'm not sure what you mean... you can play single player if you're not connected to the internet AFAIK.

That seems to be wrong. It's grouped together with the dailies n such, so for some reason it really wants you signed into racenet. I don't know why.

10 hours ago, P308R said:

I am with then since day 1. I played through the career with the Vanilla version (pad). Wheel support has been hugely improved and physics have been improved as well. Currently it is a completely other game than at launch at their passion shows. I don't know about those ultrawide multimonitors, so can't answer on that. Give it a retry and maybe you'll be surprised by its progression 😉

I don't own it, and I'd probably enjoy it for what it is, but keeping tabs on it and watching some the DLC gameplay the physics are still wonky and it appears you have to edit xml files for some wheel support stuff. The multi-monitors is just a guess based on the engine.

7 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

Noticed the tarmac rallies have a wet Tyre option. Hadn't seen this is any videos prior to playing today. IMG_20190221_111018.thumb.jpg.555a01c084af69bcbe100116012580e9.jpg

I think it's only available in Spain. I guess it's a wet road tire, I've raced through everywhere else in the rain and the option isn't present there.

It’s 2019. Who isn’t connected online these days with their console/pc. Really is it that much of a deal? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Add me to the list of people who will be really disappointed by a necessity to be online just to play Rally Career and RX Career. It does seem to be unnecessarily limiting for what should be an offline mode. I understand needing one to participate in dailies and weeklies and whatnot, but just to access the 'career' mode?

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You may end up in a scenario where 1 of your stages is wet but another is dry, and you have to make a tyre call in-between Service Areas :classic_happy:

You can only change tires in the service stations, which is every 2-3 rallies so far. Although there did seem to be an option for spreading out the service areas, probably making the hard tire a better pick.

6 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Yep, looking good - I guess gravel uses the same tyres for both then? But looks positive with Sweden and Monte on the horizon.

I just hope the AI can cope with the choices (and make the occasional mistake) too.

They are occasionally on the side of the road. I also noticed that the same AI isn't constantly 30 seconds faster than everyone else now, so the AI grouping is more consistent, but more importantly it means you don't necessarily have to be number 1 in every event to get a rally or championship win, which is nice.

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I am not sure they are going to be in either! Fingers crossed the driver just puts it through the letterbox! I am doing my best to get out of work on time today so I can hopefully be home in time for the delivery (that said I am not confident that the DPD website is telling the truth when it comes to driver location and delivery estimate!). 

From the reviews I have read it seems that I can jump straight into the World RX Championship in a car of my choice? 

Only in free play, otherwise for career it starts you off in... am Opel I think? I forget which one it is exactly.

2 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Add me to the list of people who will be really disappointed by a necessity to be online just to play Rally Career and RX Career. It does seem to be unnecessarily limiting for what should be an offline mode. I understand needing one to participate in dailies and weeklies and whatnot, but just to access the 'career' mode?

Completely agree, the career mode is an OFFLINE single player part of the game in my point of view

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BotaCalor said:

Completely agree, the career mode is an OFFLINE single player part of the game in my point of view

Agree too !!!

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hey folks, an answer on Career Mode - you do need to be online for the My Team campaign. There are a few different reasons why, but the main one is so your results can be verified by the server. Essentially, it's to ensure that we don't have any hacking/cheating shenanigans. Hope that helps clarify things!

All things considered, unless the campaign times are being uploaded (I don't think they should) what does it really matter if people are cheating in single player? I'm of the GTA mindset, mods, cheats and hacks in single player? Fine, but just not online. The only real advantage they'd get is making money faster or easier which... doesn't really amount to much.

2 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

That’s no excuses for swearing. It’s just a game after all. It’s not a matter of life or death. 

True, but if he really wants to play single player but can't because he's required to connect for no real reason he's kinda screwed out of his money.

• Agree 1

There is career mode offline, it's not through MyTeam and it's called historic championship, you can also start a custom championship and time trials.

Those are all outside of MyTeam and therefore offline.

• Like 1

There is career mode offline, it's not through MyTeam and it's called historic championship, you can also start a custom championship and time trials.

Those are all outside of MyTeam and therefore offline.

My question: Why not making Leagues/Challenges a separate part of the game leaving the career mode alone or with the historic championships? I,personally, dont mind having to be connected to the Internet to play the career mode but we have to agree it is not the most consumer friendly decision