DiRTy Gossip Thread

5 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

All things considered, unless the campaign times are being uploaded (I don't think they should) what does it really matter if people are cheating in single player? I'm of the GTA mindset, mods, cheats and hacks in single player? Fine, but just not online. The only real advantage they'd get is making money faster or easier which... doesn't really amount to much.

True, but if he really wants to play single player but can't because he's required to connect for no real reason he's kinda screwed out of his money.

I would guess that those times are uploaded to global leaderboards ? Although a simple prompt warning "If you play offline, no times will be uploaded" should solve this problem.

Or it is to keep the actual "Team" consistent. As you are using the same team for the daily/weekly online stuff and maybe esports soon. So to prevent people getting into undeserved team-states by cheating, they verify the team ? Can someone check that out, are historical championships seperated from your team completely? This is the only reason, that might make some sense...

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

i think that people who play games also have an internet connection...........   even with a smatrphone you can do usb tethering to your pc........   so this is a nonproblem imho 😉

It is a problem when Racenet goes down and you can't access it.

59 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

No, this really is about the person with a console in 2019 not having an internet connection and not realising they're not going to have access to everything in the game without one.

Plenty of the game is available without a net connection, you're pretty blind to expect a 2019 game not to want some kind of net connection for at least part of it these days.

I disagree Max. Just because things like The Sims and Hitman also unnecessarily require constant internet connection despite having no online portion doesn't really mean that it should be implemented elsewhere. On consoles there's a physical disc, or it's handled through the respective store, so no illegal copies. On PC it's running through Steam which is it's own form of DRM. The My Team is the single player career. Custom events and the rally history are not a campaign.

And again, it depends on Racenet, which isn't the most stable thing, so any time it goes down, doesn't respond, or they update something about it you can't play campaign. I don't even worry about connecting to it, except that it takes 10 seconds to connect every time you start the game. Also, in the case of resident Porkie, he really wants to be detached from online leaderboards, which isn't that uncommon and it's forcing him to do so, even if he can't immediately see it.

• Agree 3

Just now, Freddygore said:

Awesome we paid for an half game...could i have an half refund too ????

What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Que voulez-vous dire?

I mean we couldn t play career mode offline....

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

There is career mode offline, it's not through MyTeam and it's called historic championship, you can also start a custom championship and time trials.

Those are all outside of MyTeam and therefore offline.

Okay, ...no. Imagine buying Halo, or.. Call of Duty before the latest one. You can play local co-op, or do a kind of zombies wave shooter thing, but you need to be online to play the actual campaign you bought the game for. Those modes are fun, but they aren't the actual campaign. The historic championship is no different really from custom events, except that you have to unlock them. You don't buy cars, you don't upgrade them, you don't do the now minimal team management, there's no real sense of progression.

Or, imagine buying Hitman. It has no online component at all, aside from some daily weekly challenges. But even if you ignore those you still need to be connected to play through the single player in a game that has ZERO online component.

9 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

So my game finally turned up and I’m not sure if I’m completely convinced on the physics 

I'm not completely convinced that's a video.

8 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I would guess that those times are uploaded to global leaderboards ? Although a simple prompt warning "If you play offline, no times will be uploaded" should solve this problem.

Or it is to keep the actual "Team" consistent. As you are using the same team for the daily/weekly online stuff and maybe esports soon. So to prevent people getting into undeserved team-states by cheating, they verify the team ? Can someone check that out, are historical championships seperated from your team completely? This is the only reason, that might make some sense...

Your team is only in the campaign and dailies. But even then, if people cheated and got more money all it really does is get your cars repaired faster and be able to buy more cars and upgrades quicker.

It's not even like a complete win, you'd still have to actually race the events, and then I have zero problem with checking for cheaters then. Single player campaign times shouldn't be uploaded. There's already a time trial mode for that.

• Agree 4

Well well another little unmentioned surprise....:classic_sad:

On disc or downloaded content behind a required connection. Great! The career simply should be accessible without a connection. It is called my team, so let it be my team and not partially managed by others!

• Disagree 1

I don't disagree with the arguments and I don't know why it's within MyTeam, but it is, and as it's a 2019 game, I'm not surprised it is.  C'est la vie.

3 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I don't disagree with the arguments and I don't know why it's within MyTeam, but it is, and as it's a 2019 game, I'm not surprised it is.  C'est la vie.

You can say something negative without fear of reprisal from Codies.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Je ne suis pas en désaccord avec les arguments et je ne sais pas pourquoi cela fait partie de MyTeam, mais c'est vrai, et comme c'est un jeu de 2019, je ne suis pas surpris que ce soit le cas. C'est la vie.

Vie de *****....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

You can say something negative without fear of reprisal from Codies.

Oh and I would, I thought it was weird that it's in there, but I don't care, so it doesn't bother me.

Now, would I love to know why there is a championship progression both inside MyTeam, and outside it? Sure, but again, doesn't bother me but I know it bothers others.

• Haha 1

Okay My Team is clearly self contained. In it you build up your team to use for the daily and weekly events. Having a solid team will clearly give you a better chance in these online events.

If people hacked this offline it would give an unfair advantage.... Cleary not good for e-sport aspirations!

If they bow to pressure and make it offline be prepared for people whining that online events are screwed due to hackers with best teams.

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Agree 2

got the game today and while the gameplay is an absolute blast with the sound graphics, physics being spot on with many cars and especially RX the forced online connection and the removal of the league online mode leaves a bitter aftertasts, i really hope the league mode from DR1 and D4 will get patched into the game ASAP.

Also i'd love to know what setups some of you experienced guys use 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Okay My Team is clearly self contained. In it you build up your team to use for the daily and weekly events. Having a solid team will clearly give you a better chance in these online events.

If people hacked this offline it would give an unfair advantage.... Cleary not good for e-sport aspirations!

If they bow to pressure and make it offline be prepared for people whining that online events are screwed due to hackers with best teams.

How do you think people who hacked offline will be a problem for online players ??? 

29 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Image result for this is not a pipe.

10 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

I've just bought a new engineer and it doesn't really work that way. You can buy more engineers, but they're all generic and equal. You can upgrade them to do repairs faster, but again, they're all otherwise equal. Literally the only advantage is that they can repair your car faster, and someone who just grinds it out can achieve exactly the same thing. It's not a blatant "You win because you have a better team." For someone who does suck, it makes more sense to upgrade the co-driver so you get less penalty for going off. And Phil (or other your given language co-driver) is the only one you have. You don't pick who you hire anymore.

It also only effects weekly events since dailies are a single stage.

Edit*

I'd like to add that I've completed the first championship which allowed me to buy a new engineer and upgrade some of my existing engineer. The first new engineer was $240,000, the second one is $480,000, so it's reasonable to assume it just keeps going up, but again... I just don't see it as a huge advantage.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

How do you think people who hacked offline will be a problem for online players ??? 

Did you even play Dirt Rally 1?

It will be a problem because the cars you buy, upgrade, tune with my team earnings are what you use for the online events.

This portion being online ensures you can only use the team you created through genuine gameplay rather than hacked gameplay.

Any rally fan knows that the state of the car they use is half the battle!

Edited by Voidhawk

This whole "online connection for my team" now solves the "why cant i change difficulty or use hardcore" question too.

It's clearly designed so that everyone in my team is on a level playing field.

3 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Did you even play Dirt Rally 1?

It will be a problem because the cars you buy, upgrade, tune with my team earnings are what you use for the online events.

This portion being online ensures you can only use the team you created through genuine gameplay rather than hacked gameplay.

Any rally fan knows that the state of the car they use is half the battle!

Yes i did but i didn t play online 😉

What i wanted to say if hacked players just play offline i don t think that will be a problem for online players 😉

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Image result for this is not a pipe.

I've just bought a new engineer and it doesn't really work that way. You can buy more engineers, but they're all generic and equal. You can upgrade them to do repairs faster, but again, they're all otherwise equal. Literally the only advantage is that they can repair your car faster, and someone who just grinds it out can achieve exactly the same thing. It's not a blatant "You win because you have a better team." For someone who does suck, it makes more sense to upgrade the co-driver so you get less penalty for going off. And Phil (or other your given language co-driver) is the only one you have. You don't pick who you hire anymore.

It also only effects weekly events since dailies are a single stage.

If the "my team" is as limited in scope as career in Dirt Rally 1 then you make a fair point.

I read that cars can be damaged in between events. So perhaps a car you wish to use for a weekly event is then unavailable.

On Saturday I'll get to play and see if I can make sense of Codemasters decision.

I just think that we all need to examine the reasons before knee jerk reactions.

We don't want a scenario where they patch this to be offline and then we all wish they didn't.

Further clarification on reasons why would be welcome from Codemasters.

7 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

Yes i did but i didn t play online 😉

What i wanted to say if hacked players just play offline i don t think that will be a problem for online players 😉

I totally get where you are coming from. 🙂

Perhaps the solution would be that you choose when going into "my team" whether you wish your career to be offline or online.

If you choose offline then they could grey out online events. If you then later wish to play online events within "my team" you can restart a fresh career.

That would solve the potential hacking concerns.

• Agree 3

Completely agree about what you said ! That s the best answer codemasters will can give to us all !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With that option i think both parties would be happy. Full agree with that solution 

14 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

I totally get where you are coming from. 🙂

Perhaps the solution would be that you choose when going into "my team" whether you wish your career to be offline or online.

If you choose offline then they could grey out online events. If you then later wish to play online events within "my team" you can restart a fresh career.

That would solve the potential hacking concerns.

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

If the "my team" is as limited in scope as career in Dirt Rally 1 then you make a fair point.

I read that cars can be damaged in between events. So perhaps a car you wish to use for a weekly event is then unavailable.

On Saturday I'll get to play and see if I can make sense of Codemasters decision.

I just think that we all need to examine the reasons before knee jerk reactions.

We don't want a scenario where they patch this to be offline and then we all wish they didn't.

Further clarification on reasons why would be welcome from Codemasters.

So far I've seen zero indication of cars being damaged between events, and any time you finish a rally you can fully repair the car. Currently it's free, but I'm assuming that's because I'm using the starter car.

I personally don't care at all about leaderboards, but I think even the ones that do don't particularly care for the daily boards either, and again, Time Trial exists. It's a weird decision all around and offline cheating just isn't that big a problem. I'd even venture to say the dailies aren't really either since it's wiped every day. I just can't think of much other than if we have leaderboards people want to participate in, there's time trial. Otherwise campaign n such has too many variables anyways. You have to buy the car, unlock tuning, get the engine upgrades n such, track conditions, there's just too many variables to really directly compare. Time trial has like 2 stage conditions, and the my team is gone entirely, so everyone is on the same level.

Question: to anyone else who pre-loaded the Deluxe Edition on Steam: when it installed, was it called Dirt Rally 2.0 in the install dialog or Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition?