DiRTy Gossip Thread

I hope you all enjoy it, its been a long process but I'm glad I can finally talk about it with everyone else (who at least has the DE anyway lol) outside of the tester community. Looking forward to seeing some MP lobbies out there now 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

How to calibrate wheel?

You can do that at input settings 😉 

Initial impressions after a few hours of racing are largely positive. Seems to be improvements all round and the overall presentation is great: menus are slightly more fleshed out than DR1, but seem more fluid than D4. The World RX pre-race segments are fantastic. 

Only briefly tried RWD last night, but will be going to that first thing tonight. 

Only real gripe so far: Mettet. The circuit doesn't feel right, I don't think the elevation change is severe enough. I assume CM did the measurements though, so perhaps it's just me. 

• Like 1

so far the impression of game are positive, but dont like, when we change co driver (dont like Mills voice.. sorry), the Spotter get automatic change to, to same national (language) as co driver!?

36 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Only real gripe so far: Mettet. The circuit doesn't feel right, I don't think the elevation change is severe enough. I assume CM did the measurements though, so perhaps it's just me. 

Well, I have the overall feeling that some parts of some RX tracks have made a little bit wider, smooter, less technical than the real tracks. Also f.e. this part at GP3R track
GP3R_DR2.thumb.png.8dcf1cf6d41b8ef53ea3448d325f620f.pngGP3R_Real.thumb.png.ab8358297e4bcb8cfe7ff3e651158407.png

In DR2 you can take the corner more straight, while in real life they really need to possition the car better and take racing lines. 

Not that it is an issue for me, but though interesting to know that therefore laptimes never can be the same as IRL with the tracks being less technical (maybe more accesible, but speeds also lay higher therefore and imo makes it less accesible again), a little bit of overpowered cars and a bit to grippy tyres. 

Edited by JorritVD

13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Well, I have the overall feeling that some parts of some RX tracks have made a little bit wider, smooter, less technical than the real tracks. Also f.e. this part at GP3R track
GP3R_DR2.thumb.png.8dcf1cf6d41b8ef53ea3448d325f620f.pngGP3R_Real.thumb.png.ab8358297e4bcb8cfe7ff3e651158407.png

In DR2 you can take the corner more straight, while in real life they really need to possition the car better and take racing lines. 

Not that it is an issue for me, but though interesting to know that therefore laptimes never can be the same as IRL with the tracks being less technical (maybe more accesible, but speeds also lay higher therefore and imo makes it less accesible again), a little bit of overpowered cars and a bit to grippy tyres. 

Yeah, I can understand that, especially as the circuits will be used for online racing and it will be carnage if there isn't enough space! 

The "drop" after turn one (Mettet) feels really slight in game. I am sure it's not steep enough. 

Barcelona and Silverstone both feel very close to the real circuits. 

from legal/credits Citroen C4 rally will have Petter Solberg livery, and Porsche 911 RSR is also licensed..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

from legal/credits Citroen C4 rally will have Petter Solberg livery, and Porsche 911 RSR is also licensed..

NIce, but will it be the 2010 livery or the 2009 livery? Or perhaps this one from 2014?

Vzelf-solberg-3c-kdma14.jpg

Hoooooly shiiiiiiiiit this is epic. Absolutely loving this 😍😍😍

• Like 1

Hello, would by that there are people who say that physics is behind DR? Also that Greece is more realistic in sensations.

Edited by Keko55

15 hours ago, Balazsryche said:

OK sooo... If I play on Xbox, do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to access My Team mode or is it working without Gold and 'only' requires permanent internet connection?

You only need Xbox Live Gold for Custom Multiplayer.  My Team does not need it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Is there any way to choose to start from the back and play in the worst condition or it is just random

In my team, in the initial championships you are running at the back of the order.

9 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Is there any way to choose to start from the back and play in the worst condition or it is just random

In custom championship select Full under surface degradation. Optimal is in the middle and authentic is at the front.

• Thanks 1

Some early Career (My Team) gameplay, the 205 GTI is a great car for those starting out :classic_happy:

Edited by PJTierney
  • Like 1

hello guys, good day to evryone 😉

game left me breathless.............  very very different handling from dr1......... i need time to get into it 😄  

btw: despite people complaining about tarmac, i found it very nice,like it

• Like 1

Yeah gravel surely seems to be slippier, overall the cars handle nicer despite being slightly more difficult and things make more sense. Can't really evaluate tarmac yet, because I've only done one track, on wet, with Renault 5, but it didnt go that bad.

It's really looking good so far, these little bugs such as FFB(still to be confirmed) and connection issues are pretty normal on a game launch, so once that gets sorted out we'll be good to go. Patience is key, the most difficult part is done already 😄 

Can't wait to start the career once I've found the perfect wheel settings, I'm still adjusting the FFB and that takes quite some time.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hey folks, an answer on Career Mode - you do need to be online for the My Team campaign. There are a few different reasons why, but the main one is so your results can be verified by the server. Essentially, it's to ensure that we don't have any hacking/cheating shenanigans. Hope that helps clarify things!

Ok, then I postpone my purchase until this gets fixed (if it will). I was REALLY looking forward to DR 2.0, as DR1 was responsible for once again buying a wheel and H-Shifter. But first the shenanigans with the staggered release, which made me feel like a 2nd-class customer for NOT wanting to buy the premium package (and I NEVER want to feel like a 2nd-class customer when I purchase a product). Then no Snow-Rally in the base game; but only as DLC, and then the one we already had in part 1 (but that was not THAT huge a deal, knowing that a more Hardcore-take on a Rally-Game is pretty niche and doesn´t have the same budget as for example the yearly reiteration of the F1-Games). And NOW an always-online requirement for the career. For me it´s NOT about the connection per se, but I don´t want to worry if I can still play the career in the future if Codemasters decides to pull the plug; and to be honest I don´t want to rely on any Publisher/Developer to offer a patch at that point.

I know you are not personally responsible for these things and are merely a massenger of these (bad) news. But to the people who ARE responsible for these kinds of decisions I can just shake my head......Would it have been REALLY too much to ask to implement an offline mode, where my Single Player-Career-Data is stored on my PC, but can´t upload any results to the Leaderboards ? Especially when you are the type of player who couldn´t care less about the Online-stuff, and only wanted a SP-Rally-Career against the AI; and NOT compete with other people.

Edited by Civarello
Typo
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Well, that clearly isn't the actual reason, because previous games didn't send your times to the leaderboards unless you were connected to Racenet. Times aren't an issue, but maybe something else is, progress for example. It also can't be some sort of DRM because you can access everything else offline.

• Disagree 1

I’ve made it to lunchtime, just got to get to half four without chopping any of my fingers off at work, drive home safely, then it’s Dirt time

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

It feels good. Racenet issues but meh, day 1 isn't it?

I'm struggling with pace at the minute but having a blast. The stages are narrow, technical, quick in places. Wonderful.

Gave RX a blast and have no idea about Barcelona's layout so kept buggering up but that's fun too.

• Like 2

Couldn't get the setup to download the game from the disks so Im in a weird place right now; eager to get home to play but unsure if I will even be able to! 

Still need to wait a few days before i get my copy. 
giphy.gif

Thanks Bol.com (or Koch Benelux?)  😥
giphy.gif