DiRTy Gossip Thread

53 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Steam? You mustn’t have looked at the picture very carefully!

The hype is clearly too much for me today!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Well, I couldn't play much because of the G27 stuttering issue, but from what I did try, it's quite nice. Physics or FFB didn't feel particular better than Dirt Rally, but they didn't feel worse, either. One thing that blew my mind is that my G27, Fanatec shifter and Fanatec handbrake (each plugged in to separate USB ports) were not only detected, but 100% properly configured out of the box. I literally didn't have to change a thing, other than some personal preference stuff. I've never seen a sim in all my gaming life do that, so kudos Codemasters on that little feat. 🙂 

Also, the Porsche sounds glorious in-person. Videos just don't do it justice. @cmsoundfx take a bow!!

Oh, one other super awesome feature (that... may or may not have existed in D4) is that it saves your previously used controller configs, so you don't have to reset any time something unplugs or if you use a controller.

11 hours ago, RFSander said:

There i can change Career Mode difficulty, number of stages, hardcore damage? I cant find it.

You don't in career? In custom events it's an "edit event" button that displays on the lower right.

11 hours ago, bogani said:

A very good piece from GM. The only thing I disagree with would be the bit about FWD's but other than that it pretty much sums it up with what I think. 

Ah, good ol handaling.

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Pretty sure I've done a double barrel roll after Phil told me to keep left. I wanted to punch him in his fat stupid mouth.

BTW, I'd like to request a feature where after a terminal crash the co-driver just sighs and quick jabs you in the face.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

I’ve made it to lunchtime, just got to get to half four without chopping any of my fingers off at work, drive home safely, then it’s Dirt time

...what do you do for a living? BTW, as having cut my fingertip off, it's really just rotational mass so you steer quicker.

3 hours ago, carpa said:

The S7 WRCar looks way better to me than the road-going 'bugeye'. Still can't understand why. Also, Burns' #5 on the door looking good as always

Onto more Gossipy stuff, do you think the 2001 Impreza will be in season 2 or season 3? That looks quite ready to me, I guess S2 isn't full Rallycross after all

There is no season 3...

16 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

...what do you do for a living? BTW, as having cut my fingertip off, it's really just rotational mass so you steer quicker.

There is no season 3...

There's a possibility for it. If the Season 2 is full RX as rumored, the 2001 Impreza we've already seen in today's video has to be somewhere else...

Moreover, I doubt they'd put the car alone, at least the 2000 Focus is bound to come back, and this doesn't fit in the six cars for Season 2 because we know the 4 Gr.B Rallycross are coming back alongside a modern day Mini. 

And there are still Gr.B RWD cars and F2 Kit Cars

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Is it possible to play online without AI? If there are 5 cars they get split into different races with AI in them, so you end up playing just with AI most of the time? Same on rally stages? 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There is no season 3...

I'm quite sure there will be a Season 3. Have seen flags of Finland and Greece in Spain. So I'd guess it's already planned to release the rest of the DR1 stages as a season after the RX season.

What will be interesting is, if there is a Season 4, as that would actually need new content (like a Rally Ireland, or Azores, or Pacific Forest, or Chile, or Japan as another snow location (Rally of Tsumagoi))

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I'm quite sure there will be a Season 3. Have seen flags of Finland and Greece in Spain. So I'd guess it's already planned to release the rest of the DR1 stages as a season after the RX season.

What will be interesting is, if there is a Season 4, as that would actually need new content (like a Rally Ireland, or Azores, or Pacific Forest, or Chile, or Japan as another snow location (Rally of Tsumagoi))

There's flags from all over in Spain though?

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

just have tried RX for the first time with the fiesta omse on barcellona ............  man they really nailed it!!!!!  much much more fun than before 😛

Please stop torturing me 🤣

And with the updated AI in the patch it even should become better 🙂

11 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There's flags from all over in Spain though?

No. In all the past DiRTs there are only those flags in the game, of which there are also locations. This includes rallycross though. But there is no Finland or Greece Rallycross Circuit in there.  AFAIK those flags where nowhere in D4

• Disagree 1

Nice video from JB

Without tried it, I don't know. But for me, at least in DR1, when you were at speeds lower than 80km/h tarmac physics felt good. It was the fast parts that felt odd

28 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Nice video from JB

Without tried it, I don't know. But for me, at least in DR1, when you were at speeds lower than 80km/h tarmac physics felt good. It was the fast parts that felt odd

don't like guys like this one, always have to moan about something, never satisfied ........... 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

don't like guys like this one, always have to moan about something, never satisfied ........... 

I don´t see this guy moaning for the sake of moaning, but giving constructive feedback. And this feedback is important, or else things won´t improve. Not every criticism is meant to be hostile; and if through feedback like this the tarmac-physics do improve (maybe in this game, maybe in the next) then it will be something you will benefit from as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Not much point pretending something is perfect when it isn't. I think he's right about the tarmac handling and it's a shame. I bitched about it in DR but I understood they had limited time and stuff was planned out to tight deadlines as it was. But this is a new game, that's the time to start reworking the things that didn't work. If it interferes with the AI, fix the AI too... well anyway, I don't want to sound like I dislike the game, because I don't. I'm having a blast. And from what he said in that vid, he is too. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. 

I gotta say I would rather have decent physics on all surfaces than surface degradation though, personally.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Maybe to counteract the moaning, I am having a blast ! The tarmac isn't perfect, but's it is the best it ever was for DiRT imho and that makes me happy.  Only minor disappointment so far was, that Dashcam still doesn't react to FOV changes...why? But enough for now, have a nice video of the amazing stage design in Australia and me exploring it with an Impreza:

Just a noob question, but I can't find how to change camera position. Is there a button assigned to it? I expected if in gamesettings but probably just overlooked it...

31 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

He's not wrong though.

The bigger issue is that he said someone told him Codies won't fix the tarmac because of AI, which is blatantly untrue. And of course people believe it, so.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

Not much point pretending something is perfect when it isn't. I think he's right about the tarmac handling and it's a shame. I bitched about it in DR but I understood they had limited time and stuff was planned out to tight deadlines as it was. But this is a new game, that's the time to start reworking the things that didn't work. If it interferes with the AI, fix the AI too... well anyway, I don't want to sound like I dislike the game, because I don't. I'm having a blast. And from what he said in that vid, he is too. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. 

I gotta say I would rather have decent physics on all surfaces than surface degradation though, personally.

Edit* case in point. People took his hear say as fact when it's not true at all. Doesn't mean it'll change, but as a tester and being in discussions, it's not true.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Just a noob question, but I can't find how to change camera position. Is there a button assigned to it? I expected if in gamesettings but probably just overlooked it...

It would be in control bindings... I feel like it's either X (or square) or the back buttons

11 hours ago, MartijnvH said:

You can do that at input settings 😉 

I figured it would be, and eventually found it. The option is a bit hidden. Thank you anyway, I had almost given up on it.

1 hour ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Nice video from JB

From someone still waiting for my copy...

Yeah tarmac wasn’t too much of an issue for me in DR1. I usually prefer gravel but loved Germany in DR1. Had no issues with the handling but maybe that’s just me. 

I agree about career. I was concerned before release very little was being spoken about that. Won’t stop me enjoying it but would have been nice to have progression since I felt the engineers aspect in DR1 really didn’t do much. 

Maybe online improvements could add to this given the recent partnership Codies announced with motorsport network. For example in GT Sport I pretty much ignored the offline content since the online stuff was good. 

Stages. Agree but I guess DLC will expand things a lot. 

All in all though if we play it and buy the dlc there is more reason for codies to release season 3 or more and grow it more. 

Can’t wait to get it

Holy **** I almost forgot! Is there a kebab pizza anywhere? Or any other fun easter eggs?