DiRTy Gossip Thread

If I recall correctly @Porkhammer used to have to verify quite a lot of his times because the system considered them too fast. Maybe I'm wrong though, my memory is old now and I only bring it out at christmas to sit on the wobbly spare chair.

• Agree 2

Not just me. I can think of quite a few drivers that had their times quarantined for a daily stage that I had to email Darren about. He always reinstated them for us.

I miss that man.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

If you go play it now, you can't complete it?  i'm assuming by what you're saying that you haven't tried since the problem?

I have tried today, and it works again yes.

I had to re-drive the last stage of the rally, but then I got paid for it. Meaning I now lost only one Rally-Money and it's back to normal for now.

Meanwhile

I've been busy making a short vid for Rally newcomers, now hasn't there been a Rally-School thread here? Where did it go, it was pinned in the old forum, if I remember correctly? Shall we have some dirving-tips thread pinned again?

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I had to re-drive the last stage of the rally, but then I got paid for it. Meaning I now lost only one Rally-Money and it's back to normal for now.

Meanwhile

I've been busy making a short vid for Rally newcomers, now hasn't there been a Rally-School thread here? Where did it go, it was pinned in the old forum, if I remember correctly? Shall we have some dirving-tips thread pinned again?

I like your Subaru badge on the wheel. Is that a specific wheel or is it attachable? I wonder if I could get a Mitsubishi one lol.

I have the default T500RS wheel with the GT logo. I wonder if this one allows for emblem customization as well. I like the Ferrari wheel, it's more apropriate for rallying imo as it's smaller etc, but i'm a bit short on money. Thanks for the link!

1 hour ago, Porkhammer said:

Not just me. I can think of quite a few drivers that had their times quarantined for a daily stage that I had to email Darren about. He always reinstated them for us.

I miss that man.

Hehe, It seems like this is probably the best system, as long as there is a process people understand and can follow.  (at least until AI is crazy good to judge such things)

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I have the default T500RS wheel with the GT logo. I wonder if this one allows for emblem customization as well. I like the Ferrari wheel, it's more apropriate for rallying imo as it's smaller etc, but i'm a bit short on money. Thanks for the link!

I think both of those wheels are 30cm diameter. The sparco wheel is perfect size for rallying imo, but then it is a 1:1 scale replica of a rally wheel so I guess that makes sense.

ooooooooooohhhh again Racenet. i hope they can fix it with update, how many time do i have to play again same season, because it lost progress.. 

it has other way for Anti-piracy, i know most new games uses that formula for online playing career, to secure more there own game,like PD did for GT sport..

but again, its not ideal situation for us players..

If i knew honestly about online career, i wouldnt buy game in first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

who said rallycross was realistic??? I just tried it once & every race I did, those AI drivers pushed me straight off the track or crashed right into me like mindless idiots... I've had enough of it really, that's not enjoyable at all

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

Meanwhile

Great to hear your career is now working 👌

All tutorials are most welcome. I’ve never learned to rally properly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

who said rallycross was realistic??? I just tried it once & every race I did, those AI drivers pushed me straight off the track or crashed right into me like mindless idiots... I've had enough of it really, that's not enjoyable at all

are you talking about online RX?  if yes i feel the same............  i've asked for having option to disable collisions in online RX 👍

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

are you talking about online RX?  if yes i feel the same............  i've asked for having option to disable collisions in online RX 👍

A quick custom made offline championship to try it out

Little Mustang rebuild update (still have no DR2.0). More and more thinking if I should make it a RGT/GT4 kinda car from it 😛

- The front subframe (holds the engine and some suspension parts) has quite some damage and will be replaced. Engine has no problems. The subframe is not cheap (new one from USA is about 1000 euro). Hope I can find one for a good price. It is a big cost, but I think it is also important for reliability and safety. Thinking how I can replace the subframe without removing the engine.
- Found out the car has some non-standard parts. Next to the straight exhaust, special air intake, I also found a throttle spacer and something oil catch can. Also the car has some lowered springs. The front left suspension is broken (already got a replacement), but luckily the spring is still good 🙂
- Just in front of the left door, the car also had an impact. Probably need to cut it out and put in some new plates or replace it with some skin from an other crashed mustang.
- The final thing I disovered was that the steering assy is broken. It is placed on the front subframe. So I can replace that immediately when replacing the subframe.

Essentially the main challenges will be (A) replacing the subframe, (B) replacing the bodypanel behind the left front wheel and (C) repairing the electronics at the front.

photo_2019-02-24_19-09-06.thumb.jpg.6abc36cba2ff1b5f2906b978e1472143.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carpa said:

I never doubted there would be problems, but having cheaters already in the game... How is a negative stage time not a discrepancy with the servers? 

I'm confused as to why you directed that at me? I said there would be connection issues since Racenet craps out rather frequently, which has nothing to do with cheaters. Or... server discrepencies? I'm very confused as to why I was quoted.

Just got to Clubman difficulty om my fifth try. First one I botched myself due to being extremely  rusty, and the next three attempts were -- guess what? -- reset due to 'discrepancies', as was my RX championship just ten minutes ago.
I really hope that the one responsible for RaceNet testing at Codies would get his worktime logged through the very same RaceNet. Like, in two days before payday 'Ooops! Your worktime for the past month has been reset due to discrepancies! Bad worker, no money'

• Haha 4

Oh sure, blame the tester. 😛  I prefer to blame the upper management fur such large debacles.  😄

• Disagree 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, JamesMcAdam said:

So it should be S2 DLC with :

- 4 RX Group B

- Bennet's mini

- 2001 Impreza

+ RX tracks.

Still no hyundaï.

:classic_biggrin:

So the 2001 Impreza in season 2 dlc yea? 

We don't know much about the S2 DLC yet. However, we pretty much already know about too many cars for just 2 batches of 6...

• Agree 1

Im sure there will be a day 1 patch. As to whether it will fix current bugs remains to be seen.

I've asked on Twitter when they expect the FFB to be fixed but they said there's no ETA. They really need to get it sorted for full release tomorrow or there's going to be quite a few unhappy customers for them to deal with.

• Agree 1

I imagine it's quite difficult to fast patch on consoles as everything has to get approved by the platform I think. Sure it will come soon though.

Hopefully its something easy for them to fix...