DiRTy Gossip Thread

2 hours ago, Hitmanvega said:

Yip. Console patches has to go for verification at sony/Microsoft. 

Had that experience also at Dakar 18. Microsoft is really slow with that and can take a week longer than Sony. But could also depends on the relationship between game publishers and Microsoft/Sony.

• Like 1

I just hope people don't lose their heads and start firing bad reviews on steam etc just because the game is having some problems at launch. Most games have problems at launch but not most dev teams engage in quickly fixing them and I hope people take that into consideration, as well as the overall quality of the game itself, which has not disappointed so far.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I just hope people don't lose their heads and start firing bad reviews on steam etc just because the game is having some problems at launch. Most games have problems at launch but not most dev teams engage in quickly fixing them and I hope people take that into consideration, as well as the overall quality of the game itself, which has not disappointed so far.

i really think it depends.

i agree, cut them some slack in certain situations. for example if the multiplayer encounters a problem here and there. thats somewhat expected. 

but if the player wants to play the single player career of a 60$ game and they cant properly because the developer thought it would be a good idea to make the single player career an always online mode, then its completely fair to give it a bad review. if you are running your single player career and the game resets certain parts or doesnt accept your time after a clean run for whatever reason then a bad review is completely reasonable - because it can and will destroy the experience for many who were not aware this would be the case.  if you get yourself a 60$ triple a game its completely reasonable to expect a working single player career from the very beginnning. there are no excuses.

Edited by MTOJay
  • Agree 8

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Had that experience also at Dakar 18. Microsoft is really slow with that and can take a week longer than Sony. But could also depends on the relationship between game publishers and Microsoft/Sony.

For the F1 games the Xbox updates are usually a few days after the PS4 updates.

It'll probably be the same with DiRT Rally 2.0.

----------

Here's some Historic Championship gameplay, AI Difficulty is set to 100 :classic_happy:

Edited by PJTierney
Preventing double-posting.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTOJay said:

i really think it depends.

i agree, cut them some slack in certain situations. for example if the multiplayer encounters a problem here and there. thats somewhat expected. 

but if the player wants to play the single player career of a 60$ game and they cant properly because the developer thought it would be a good idea to make the single player career an always online mode, then its completely fair to give it a bad review. if you are running your single player career and the game resets certain parts or doesnt accept your time after a clean run for whatever reason then a bad review is completely reasonable - because it can and will destroy the experience for many who were not aware this would be the case.  if you get yourself a 60$ triple a game its completely reasonable to expect a working single player career from the very beginnning. there are no excuses.

In this case, I would expect every single one of those bad reviews to be turned into positive reviews once they fix the issue. I guarantee however that will not happen and this will reflect unfairly on the game.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Hoppy321 said:

So the 2001 Impreza in season 2 dlc yea? 

I bet that the 2001 Impreza will be in Season 3 with the Focus 2001, Kitcars and maybe some new cars, with the other 3 DR1 Locations, S2 will be 100% RX so maybe 4x Gr B RX cars, Bennett's Mini and maybe the Focus RSRX will complete the 6 cars batch

2 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

In this case, I would expect every single one of those bad reviews to be turned into positive reviews once they fix the issue. I guarantee however that will not happen and this will reflect unfairly on the game.

no. it would probably be fair to some extend. but it wont happen. people move on. they buy a game for 60$. play it. have their experience destroyed due to whatever reason and move on. some will come back, play it again and maybe readjust their review. but many will just have moved on and wont come back at all.

hard to blame them for that.

if you release a full price triple a game dont expect people to treat it like a indie early access title. its codemasters job to make sure that it works when its released. 

dont be surprised if your fullprice triple a game that releases with bugs gets bad reviews from unhappy customers. in my opinion its hard to blame paying customers for that.

thats all ifs of course. if the game releases with bugs and if it gets bad reviews. all ifs. release is tomorrow. lets just wait and see.

• Agree 3

Meh, I can't think of a triple A game that hasn't released with some issues. It's just what happens. I think a game, and a games company, should be measured on how they respond to issues as opposed to on the issues themselves.

In our case, Codemasters have been extremely attentive and responsive to the issues raised, and are working flat out to resolve them.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

I bet that the 2001 Impreza will be in Season 3 with the Focus 2001, Kitcars and maybe some new cars, with the other 3 DR1 Locations, S2 will be 100% RX so maybe 4x Gr B RX cars, Bennett's Mini and maybe the Focus RSRX will complete the 6 cars batch

I'm still not ruling out just getting two Group B RX cars and the '01 Impreza and '01 Focus in DLC2. 

I currently have everything crossed that the Group B RX cars are properly fleshed out this time around!

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I'm still not ruling out just getting two Group B RX cars and the '01 Impreza and '01 Focus in DLC2. 

I currently have everything crossed that the Group B RX cars are properly fleshed out this time around!

I'd be quite happy with just two 01 cars. While they should be a bit slower than the late naughties ones, with a bit of tweaking it's a solid class. 

Just to be able to go all 'Burns v Mcrae' again would be awesome.

P.s if the peugeot 206 doesn't come I'm gonna smash a cup.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Rallystu2 said:

Meh, I can't think of a triple A game that hasn't released with some issues. It's just what happens. I think a game, and a games company, should be measured on how they respond to issues as opposed to on the issues themselves.

In our case, Codemasters have been extremely attentive and responsive to the issues raised and are working flat out to resolve them.

yeah. as i said. in my opinion they should cut them some slack in certain situations.

all depends why the review is bad.

and no, companys shouldnt only be masured how they respond. there is qc and beta testing before games go gold and are released. we are living in 2019 and people are blinded by the sheer mass of broken early acces titles. dont release a full price game and be annoyed at customers that expected to get fun out of their investment from the beginning voicing their opinion about it. its the wrong mentality to judge games a month after the release. this is not a free2play or early access title. of course its nice and a plus if the developer responds good to bad reviews and listens but that doesnt mean the game doesnt deserve bad reviews if its **** from the beginning (all ifs of course). 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

P.s if the peugeot 206 doesn't come I'm gonna smash a cup.

Woah there. 

I would be satisfied with two '01 cars (especially in a standalone "early 2000cc" class), but would obviously prefer more cars from the era. 

Of all the DLC cars we know of at the moment, the Fabia is the one I'm keenest to get my hands on: I am glad that is in the first batch!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I'm also very interested in the 2008 Impreza 😄

Glad someone is! 😆

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

I hope they make the 01's their own category and maybe get 1 or 2 new cars in it, like an Evo VII. Or the Evo VI as a double entry, eligible for 00's and for Grp A.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I hope they make the 01's their own category and maybe get 1 or 2 new cars in it, like an Evo VII. Or the Evo VI as a double entry, eligible for 00's and for Grp A.

*EXTRA WISHFUL THINKING HAT ON* The Evo VI gets moved to a standalone 1997 - 2000 2000cc class where it is joined by the S5 Impreza WRC. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Or better it would be 

2000cc Evo 1

-Focus 01

-Subaru 01

-Evo VI 

KITCAR

-Ibiza

-Megane

Just 2 new models and 2 new classes

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Like 1

group b cars in rallycross would get me playing rallycross.

this forum takes so long to load. is there a issue ?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Hence single player online only = bad design.

But lets agree it's not only the racenet connectivity (which is rather stable and fast today) that is a problem. Lacking FFB effects, sound cutting away, wheel synchronisation ....  Quite a number of big issues really.

• Agree 2

Just now, MarcoMaas said:

Hence single player online only = bad design.

But lets agree it's not only the racenet connectivity (which is rather stable and fast today) that is a problem. Lacking FFB effects, sound cutting away, wheel synchronisation ....  Quite a number of big issues really.

None of that is game-breaking, myself along with plenty of others are still enjoying ourselves with what is on the whole a very good game.

• Confused 1

I also enjoy it quite a lot. There is massive potential, but these issues have to be fixed. Most of us are used to DR1 and then you expect something.

45 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

group b cars in rallycross would get me playing rallycross.

this forum takes so long to load. is there a issue ?

It has been slow for me a few times over the weekend and refused to load first thing this morning. Wasn't sure if it was my internet or an issue with the forum. 

As I have said countless times now I am hoping for proper Group B rallycross cars in period specification: I'd be happy with just a couple of cars if we got proper Group B rallycross.

10 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

None of that is game-breaking, myself along with plenty of others are still enjoying ourselves with what is on the whole a very good game.

It's certainly not game breaking, though I would say that something that is so integral to the functionality of the game should have been thoroughly tested pre-release. 

(I do appreciate that it may be impossible to gauge the effectiveness of a system under load until you actually put it under load)

• Agree 3

i've just read that  the  dlc stages won't be playable in career mode..........................................................................................................

why the hell not????????  it that  a joke????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i've just read that  the  dlc stages won't be playable in career mode..........................................................................................................

Where did you read it?

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

I don't think they won't be in career mode seeing as when DR1 got new stages they put it in the career mode too. Maybe they need to cut down on the overall amount of stages within a championship when they start adding them in though.