DiRTy Gossip Thread

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

in my opinion, if you talk like he did, you know what you're talking about............   if tha's not the case,well...........................  😝

Very important life lesson: Don't believe everything you hear.

That's how we got Brexit.

• Haha 4
  • Agree 4

ouch. so it doesnt even prevent cheating? thats hilarious and sad at the same time. 

there is a cracked version around on the internet already. so assholes who are downloading instead of buying it can enjoy the single player career without the always online connection and have a better experience. 

just Codemasters things. honestly. the honest paying customers get the bitter end again. it doesnt prevent cheating and it doesnt prevent cracking. all that it does is stopping people to enjoy it completely. so annoying.

edit: sry, i correct. i just read that the cracked version does not have a working career at the moment. sry

Edited by MTOJay

5 minutes ago, BloodCat said:

Can be an honest bug still. Having no word on issue from local 'community manager' is alarming though.

Yup, I'm on steam. Can you provide a screenshot?

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.02.25 - 16.28.53.73.png

Does anyone feels some kind of Steering Lag, driving on Poland? What is puzzling me is it only happens driving in this Country. Doesn't matter what stage or what car.

I've G27, 360 DOR in Logitech Profile, Linearity -2, and 100 Saturation in-game ( Steam ).

@ChristinaMc Why is Steering Sensitivity greyed out ( locked at 50 ), for my wheel, if is supported? Let me change that option, please.

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Does anyone feels some kind of Steering Lag, driving on Poland? What is puzzling me is it only happens driving in this Country. Doesn't matter what stage or what car.

I've G27, 360 DOR in Logitech Profile, Linearity -2, and 100 Saturation in-game ( Steam ).

@ChristinaMc Why is Steering Sensitivity greyed out ( locked at 50 ), for my wheel, if is supported? Let me change that option, please.

Perhaps you are suffering from the steering synchronizaton issue.  You only see it when using cockpit view with wheel.

Here is my blurb on it:|
Steering wheel synching issue

Calibrate your wheel in the menu using the full 900 degrees of your G29. Press the X button to confirm. O back takes you back without the calibration values!!!

In the input options set the Soft lock to ON. This should give you resistance in your G29 when you reach full lock in the car. The rally cars in game do not have 900 but somewhere around 540 degrees.

Next is the saturation option for you steering. If you set it to 100 then the game should use the 900 degrees and with the soft lock option it should stop at the car's steering lock.

Unfortunately, it depends on the car you choose. For some cars it works, for others you will feel that saturation = 100 makes the car feel floaty, you have to steer too much to get the car to turn.
Solution: set the saturation to 60 (60% 0f 900 degrees = 540 degrees). This results in you physical steering wheel making the exact motion as the on screen wheel.

It can also go wrong the other way around. If you have set saturation = 60 and you find your car being too twitch to drive and the wheel on screen turns faster than your physical wheel the the solution is to set the saturation back to 100 again. his results in you physical steering wheel making the exact motion as the on screen wheel.

This solves the problem. But it you have to do it every time you get into a car. In Dirt Rally 1 this was done automagically.

54 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

So I was thinking, if your were not into dirt rally or dirt4 and you buy this game... there is not a single help whatsoever for new drivers. That is silly, and will cause a lot of bad reviews?

It throws you in the deep end and says "swim (into 5 left)".

Fortunately YouTube exists and people can help out :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The Evo 6.5 was technically a Group A, but some elements of it were not in compliance with the Group A regulations. 

In terms of integration within the game I do think it would be too complicated, however there is no harm in hoping for it to happen!

I noticed there was typo on my sentence. I meant to say "Only VII was a WRC". 6.5 was like a mix of A regulations and WRC handling haha.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.02.25 - 16.28.53.73.png

I guess you wonder where I'm getting my screenshots from? It's the reward screen. When daily event ends and you get to MyTeam screen, the game takes to you rewards table instead. There you can press... errr... 'details' button or something like that, and that'll show you all the glorious timewaping times. After you accept yor reward and close that screen there's no way to get back to it (or none I know about).

• Agree 1

How are you taking screenshots? Print Screen or something else? Because my prints are all black in this game.

1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Very important life lesson: Don't believe everything you hear.

That's how we got Brexit.

I'm laughing, but the situation really isn't funny...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

How are you taking screenshots? Print Screen or something else? Because my prints are all black in this game.

The glorious MSI Afterburner app. It can do lots of things, including taking screenshots. If you're on Steam, you can take shots using the Steam overlay (didn't try that myself yet).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Either hit F12 to screenshot in Steam -> upload to profile -> make public -> share link

Or use Shadowplay/OBS to grab screenshots for you

Or run the game borderless windowed and use something like ShareX or SnipIt

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Riggs said:

i use geforce experience  (nvidia) press alt+f2

• Thanks 1

DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book – 25/02/19

By Christina @xtinamcf · On February 25, 2019

Well, well, well, it’s been an eventful week! We’ve seen reviews, first play throughs, and a few teething issues too – but we’re here and more prepared than ever for DiRT Rally 2.0 to launch globally tomorrow. If you’ve not seen any of the reviews, then don’t worry – we can share some of the best with you right now:

Top Gear / “Dirt Rally 2.0 is guaranteed make you feel like a rally hero… The Dirt series has hit new heights”

IGN / “Dirt Rally 2.0 feels great, looks good, and sounds fabulous.”

Game Informer / “Codemasters delivers another captivating rally title that will have you swearing in fear and delight”

PC Gamer / “Simply the best rally sim around”

Of course, we couldn’t be happier with the reviews here – but we’re even more excited for you to all get the game into your hands come tomorrow. DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a labour of love for us – to most authentically represent the sport we love – and we hope you can feel that as you tackle your first stages. We hope that those of you who picked up the Deluxe Edition last week felt too, it as you booted the game for the first time. And on that note…

Over the weekend we had members of our community asking why the My Team part of the game requires a RaceNet connection, and we just want to address these questions and be as transparent with you as possible about why this is the case.

Simply, DiRT Rally 2.0 is the most alive DiRT game to date; the My Team career campaign is our most complex offering we’ve had, and our Community Events are built into this too. Because you’re racing against other players in this mode, we need to ensure we maintain a level playing field – and My Team being online means that we can verify everyone’s race results. In turn, this also means we can confirm that all car purchases and upgrades have been obtained legitimately.

Going forward, as we introduce competitive racing through more asynchronous events, Clubs and esports, the integrity of our leaderboards will be paramount to making sure the competition is both fair and monitored. We have at least six months of service and DLC for DiRT Rally 2.0 – so if we need to tune AI or make other changes quickly, then having this based server side allows us to be a lot more reactive.

Finally, it’s also worth noting that a whole host of content is available to play offline too – the ‘Freeplay’ tab isn’t just a race. you’ve got Time Trial, Historic Championship, RX Championship and Custom Championship modes to keep you busy without requiring an online connection. There’s a lot of game in DiRT Rally 2.0, and a whole range of ways for you to play – so while My Team is a great way to play, there’s plenty more for you to get stuck into.

Before we sign off ahead of a big day tomorrow, we just wanted to say one last time: thank you for being our wonderful community. Tomorrow is the first stage of many for DiRT Rally 2.0, and the road ahead promises lots of fun for everyone involved. This is only the beginning for DiRT Rally 2.0 – the leaderboards are already looking incredibly competitive, and in the studio we’re already flat out and on our way to Season 1. It’s going to be amazing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTOJay said:

i dont suspect them to be that incompetent. there are multiple ways to handle that. not including them would be the worst by far. thats not going to happen.

i expect them to just include the dlcs you own with no questions asked. so from there on they are selected randomly for your career. (maybe give you an option to enable or disbale dlc before you start your career)

The thing is though the career isn't random. It's all pretty well established, so when they release the DLC there'll be 2 career modes if they include it. One with it, one without.

I don't know. The racenet linking to single player to check times and funds to then give people two types of career seems kinda dumb.

4 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

Perhaps you are suffering from the steering synchronizaton issue.  You only see it when using cockpit view with wheel.

Is that confirmed? I'm using dash cam, so basically cockpit, and have been wrestling the DS21 and I'm having some serious steering issues that are clearly beyond the natural understeer. I have calibrated my wheel as recommended: Full 900°, soft lock on set to 100. I'm having this issue with all cars I tried so far. I'm curious if bumper cam resolves the issue. 

Edited by richie

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

Over the weekend we had members of our community asking why the My Team part of the game requires a RaceNet connection, and we just want to address these questions and be as transparent with you as possible about why this is the case.

Simply, DiRT Rally 2.0 is the most alive DiRT game to date; the My Team career campaign is our most complex offering we’ve had, and our Community Events are built into this too. Because you’re racing against other players in this mode, we need to ensure we maintain a level playing field – and My Team being online means that we can verify everyone’s race results. In turn, this also means we can confirm that all car purchases and upgrades have been obtained legitimately.

Transparent as possible? The audacity :classic_laugh: Not a single mention of it prior to the game's release.
I think the importance of the leaderboards are simply over estimated. I don't really remember anyone giving it much thought besides for the trophies in DR1. Building the Community Events into My Team was also merely a choice, not a necessity.

I'm not going to endlessly reiterate myself like some, but I'm glad I held off my purchase and reassuring that I won't even consider buying DR2 now. This is coming from someone who owns every CMR and DiRT game, including two copies of DR1 for each console.

Godspeed, CM. 

Edited by zoliRX
  • Agree 1

The stages are of such high quality.

Can't wait to see what they've done to the old DiRT Rally stages! Germany was especially detailed in the road surface department in DR and if they've improved on it further it might become one my favourite locations.

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 5

12 minutes ago, zoliRX said:

Transparent as possible? The audacity :classic_laugh: Not a single mention of it prior to the game's release.
I think the importance of the leaderboards are simply over estimated. I don't really remember anyone giving it much thought besides for the trophies in DR1. Building the Community Events into My Team was also merely a choice, not a necessity.

I'm not going to endlessly reiterate myself like some, but I'm glad I held off my purchase and reassuring that I won't even consider buying DR2 now. This is coming from someone who owns every CMR and DiRT game, including two copies of DR1 for each console.

Godspeed, CM. 

Won't consider buying the game because in the first few days there is a slight issue with connection in a small portion of a brand new game that hasn't had its full release yet?

.....cool 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Won't consider buying the game because in the first few days there is a slight issue with connection in a small portion of a brand new game that hasn't had its full release yet?

.....cool 

Slight issue?

People are losing their savegames

in the singleplayer

lol

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

.....cool 

I tend to look past the current issues. You see, I almost exclusively play career mode in these games and I like to replay them many years later without hassles. Relying on CMs servers or my ISP regardless of how good my connection is for my gaming experience is a big no. Always been, always will be. 

DR2 has an expiry date. The game is simply paper weight to me.

The steelbook would've made a fantastic coaster though.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Slight issue?

People are losing their savegames

in the singleplayer

lol

In my experience, hitting retry connect a few times works. It's annoying, very annoying. However, to not buy a game because of a first week hiccup, as an excuse, is utterly mind bendingly weird. This is clearly a temporary issue, and while I also don't agree with being forced online I can't conceive of missing out on the single best rally game ever made to date because of teething trouble.

Just seems to me like people who we're complaining about stuff pre-release that is now sorted have simply leeched onto this very minor issue. My opinion obviously.

But all the " apocolypse is upon us, how can i ever play this game with these game breaking issues that havent been sorted out a whole 5 days after early access" people are being fairly unreasonable.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1