DiRTy Gossip Thread

6 hours ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Very important life lesson: Don't believe everything you hear.

That's how we got Brexit.

Not sure how that was "heard" @teknoid85 - definitely not, I was just being pessimistic. Certainly hoping that's not the case but we don't know own anything about how the DLC content will integrate yet - my only point was that it's not been said!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

In my experience, hitting retry connect a few times works. It's annoying, very annoying. However, to not buy a game because of a first week hiccup, as an excuse, is utterly mind bendingly weird. This is clearly a temporary issue, and while I also don't agree with being forced online I can't conceive of missing out on the single best rally game ever made to date because of teething trouble.

Just seems to me like people who we're complaining about stuff pre-release that is now sorted have simply leeched onto this very minor issue. My opinion obviously.

But all the " apocolypse is upon us, how can i ever play this game with these game breaking issues that havent been sorted out a whole 5 days after early access" people are being fairly unreasonable.

It's a fundamental issue. Why do you think it's a temporary issue? There is no indication RaceNet is going to be removed from the singleplayer. It will continue to be an issue whenever a faithful customer loses their internet connection for any reason (unstable connection, bad ISP, bad weather, cable breaks, port breaks, Ethernet connector breaks, Ethernet driver breaks etcetcetc) or CM's servers become unstable for any reason whatsoever as it has been for the past days.

Or when they, undoubtedly some day in the future, decide to stop supporting the game.

• Agree 1

If they don't say they're going to turn off the online requirement once the servers are closed, you can be almost certain they aren't planning on doing it.

1 hour ago, richie said:

Is that confirmed? I'm using dash cam, so basically cockpit, and have been wrestling the DS21 and I'm having some serious steering issues that are clearly beyond the natural understeer. I have calibrated my wheel as recommended: Full 900°, soft lock on set to 100. I'm having this issue with all cars I tried so far. I'm curious if bumper cam resolves the issue. 

Sorry, what I meant was that you can actually see it in the view with the steering wheel. Obviously you feel it in the other views.

The DS21 is on my 60 list. That means I set the saturation to 60 with soft lock on. Try it, you will notice the DS21 will now have a lock to lock of 540 degrees which makes the steering more natural.

48 minutes ago, MarcoMaas said:

Sorry, what I meant was that you can actually see it in the view with the steering wheel. Obviously you feel it in the other views.

The DS21 is on my 60 list. That means I set the saturation to 60 with soft lock on. Try it, you will notice the DS21 will now have a lock to lock of 540 degrees which makes the steering more natural.

I completely misread then. Alright, I'll set saturation to 60 and see how it goes. Thanks!

Or you can just turn softlock off and the cats will all have the DOR you set your wheel to.

• Like 1

question: why the alpine is in the rwd class with other cars that have the twice bhp???

i think it would fit better in the mini class, even if it a rwd

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Or you can just turn softlock off and the cats will all have the DOR you set your wheel to.

Will turning softlock off also solve the game breaking issue that is clawing on your furniture and darting back and forth like a crazy ass through the night? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delta111 said:

What impreza is in the season 1? 

As @F2CMaDMaXX says it's the 2008 Impreza WRCar (the S14 WRC)...

8 hours ago, Delta111 said:

No years 2000(22b) or 2003??? Come on...😫

...please report to this thread and check out post three @Delta111

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

question: why the alpine is in the rwd class with other cars that have the twice bhp???

i quote myself  😆

never tried alpine in dirt rally 2.0 until now, the car is very fast and agile because of the less weight and the rear engine, so it makes sense to put it into a rwd car class who has twice bhp

Edited by teknoid85

10 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i quote myself  😆

never tried alpine in dirt rally 2.0 until now, the car is very fast and agile because of the less weight and the rear engine, so it makes sense to put it into a rwd car class who has twice bhp

Those were its contemporaries in the 70s and it's much more competitive with those. Obviously, the Stratos and 240Z should be in the same class too, as they're a similar speed and era, but we'll just have to hope on that one 😉

Really hoping one of the 'special liveries' in store is this one...

D0QTMajW0AIAWkk.jpg

First really nice looking Polo R5 livery for me (jagged lines offsetting the length of it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Oscar97 said:

If they don't say they're going to turn off the online requirement once the servers are closed, you can be almost certain they aren't planning on doing it.

No, you can’t be certain of any such thing.

9 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

So if I short calibrate my G29 to 540 degrees and switch soft lock off, then all cars will behave with proper behaviour (wheel on screen , mimics physical wheel movement and no floaty or twitchy feeling)? I thought I tried that over the weekend. Will try again then.

16 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Really hoping one of the 'special liveries' in store is this one...

D0QTMajW0AIAWkk.jpg

First really nice looking Polo R5 livery for me (jagged lines offsetting the length of it).

Wow, that looks fantastic! I agree with you, despite not being that big the current liveries all seem to stretch the appearance of the car. 

9 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

but the patch when it comes out ???:classic_sad:

Many times over (at least) the next 6 months.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Hang on a sec, that's not in game (yet)...

Well that adds weight to the comment from Oliver Bennett that his MINI was going to appear in the game! 

I not even have the game yet, but quite some extra real liveries for WRX/ERX/ARX are possible:

@ChristinaMc, could you discuss/show this list to the team. If need a 2d livery artist, I am more than happy to help 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

go try those other cars against it see who wins ! 😂 the alpine shreds them ! great fun car which is often ignored yet one of the best in dirt rally games.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1