DiRTy Gossip Thread

6 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hey team, it's been a hectic day, so I've not been in here much! But I just wanted to swing by and say thank you. The Gossip thread is the heart and soul of the DiRT community, and it's a privilege to play just a little part in it. Hopefully by now, a lot of you will be heading home to enjoy the game for the first time - and honestly, I hope you all love it. It's been a labour of love for us here, and we think we've created our most special, focused and authentic off-road racing game to date. I hope you feel the same way.

Thanks a thousand times over for being so kind, so patient and so understanding - even when I can't discuss certain topics or give you the answers you want. You are all brilliant, and this is only the start for DiRT Rally 2.0. See you on the leaderboards tonight. 😉 

I haven't even explored all the stages, nor have even memorized half of their course, and I'm already thirsting for more. This can only be good.

Absolutely loving the game!  Big thanks to the DR 2.0 team.

I am having the same concerns as most others though, mainly very weak weird feeling FFB no matter what settings I use on a G29.  And career being 80% night and wet rallies that seem to have no normal day progression.  Meaning Stage 1 is dry day, then stage 2 is wet night, then stage 3 is wet day etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

this is only the start for DiRT Rally 2.0.  

This is the most important part for me. Hope this one is a long term relationship and not a fling. 

Thanks to the whole team from me - the initial impressions from me are all positive and it seems like the jump forward many of us have hoped for over the past few years.

Looking forward to the journey (and hope it takes us to virtual Finland one day)!

• Agree 8

A number of flaws stand in the way of this wonderful game. Thankfully none of them are physics related, you guys nailed that this time as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, chukonu said:

A number of flaws stand in the way of this wonderful game. Thankfully none of them are physics related, you guys nailed that this time as far as I'm concerned.

In the end, it all comes down to what is more important in a rally game. Stage detail: best in the genre. Handling: it's DR1, but better, so the best ever basically. Graphics: well they aren't the most important thing, but they got this. That looks very good to me... 

• Agree 3

59 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hey team, it's been a hectic day, so I've not been in here much! But I just wanted to swing by and say thank you. The Gossip thread is the heart and soul of the DiRT community, and it's a privilege to play just a little part in it. Hopefully by now, a lot of you will be heading home to enjoy the game for the first time - and honestly, I hope you all love it. It's been a labour of love for us here, and we think we've created our most special, focused and authentic off-road racing game to date. I hope you feel the same way.

Thanks a thousand times over for being so kind, so patient and so understanding - even when I can't discuss certain topics or give you the answers you want. You are all brilliant, and this is only the start for DiRT Rally 2.0. See you on the leaderboards tonight. 😉 

Thanks for all the hard work you and the team have put in since Friday and over the last few months/year with the game! It’s an absolute blast! 

Just had my first RX event at Barca in a custom event at 100% AI with the Audi S1. And wow, DR2.0 brought RX in the DiRT series to a new level.
- The physics feel much better. Really need to place the car well. No more throw it in the corner and flat throttle like in D4. Now you go wide and loose time. The cars feel a bit heavier and less powerfull compared to D4 and I think that's a good step forward. Also a good step forward between the grip levels between tarmac and loose surface. 
- The AI is a huge step forward. If you leave the door open, the AI will go for it. Maybe sometimes they are a little bit optimistic with it, but ok. They also defend (see clip under) and make mistakes. Sometimes their braking and lines are a bit strange. But finally RX is a challenge. I just finished in 13th and missed the semi finals. 

Dukes of Hazzard style, yeeehaaah

And the AI (Bakkerud) defending hard, after he passed me in the hairpin just before that because I went a bit wide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I’ve been finding them a little inconsistent in the world rx championship. I got destroyed by them in Mettet and Barcelona, Silverstone and holjes was tough but I could win, and I can absolutely destroy them at Hell and Canada

• Agree 1

Btw guys check this thread. There's a poll a discussion going on in there.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

If someone could please enlighten me here it would be much appreciated.... I love rallying but am not very clued up on the technical side, so I am confused by the rally stage/split times, so I have noticed a few times now but for example I just finished a rally and as I cross the finish it says 20 secs highlighted in green. Then it says I win so I assume that was the gap, but then the result board says I won by 10 secs, so a bit confused 😕 

By the way guys, let's get those reviews in steam boosted! A lot of people is crying due to RaceNet connection problems that were fixed already, including reviews that were posted before the fix.

3 minutes ago, HAMW05WC2014 said:

If someone could please enlighten me here it would be much appreciated.... I love rallying but am not very clued up on the technical side, so I am confused by the rally stage/split times, so I have noticed a few times now but for example I just finished a rally and as I cross the finish it says 20 secs highlighted in green. Then it says I win so I assume that was the gap, but then the result board says I won by 10 secs, so a bit confused 😕 

Make sure you check the penalties column on the leaderboard, you probably had one. Every time the car is reset on the stage or you fix a flat tyre you get a penalty.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HAMW05WC2014 said:

At the start of your stage it tells you the running order. Check out how many (in your class) are running before you. The split time for sectors during the stage only take account of those who ran before you. This is why you saw a discrepancy. If you were last in running order you’d see everyone’s times during the stage. If you were first you’d only see your own time and all sectors would be green even if the majority beat you.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

At the start of your stage it tells you the running order. Check out how many (in your class) are running before you. The split time for sectors during the stage only take account of those who ran before you. This is why you saw a discrepancy. If you were last in running order you’d see everyone’s times during the stage. If you were first you’d only see your own time and all sectors would be green even if the majority beat you.

Cheers! Much appreciated! 👍 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

(...) A lot of people is crying due to RaceNet connection problems that were fixed already.

Racenet connection problems aren't fixed, at least, not completely. Today i got my Rally Career (with 1 Event/4 Rallies left to finish Open) being reset due to "discrepancy between Local and Racenet saves ". They need to ( completely ) fix this ASAP.

• Agree 1

awesome game the way you can throw car around is so much fun the weight transfer is so intuitive and wow some of the stages are so fast . And rwd is spot on. I've never really enjoyed rx but my god it clicked immediately after 1 corner. Well done codemasters (as a pad user) 

• Agree 1

image.thumb.png.805afb513fcba20d710a8401ddf600f1.png

Oh sweet hell yeah...

I just accidentally set a World Record while testing the RGTs on gravel.  Never achieved this in DR1, very proud.

Even made some mistakes, so I do totally expect I will be dethroned in the next 24h, just by posting this now. But I have already recorded the evidence and can claim to (soon have been) a World Record holder in DR2 (for a few hours). Yeahha!

And also the RGTs handle better on gravel than expected. At least the Porsche and the Aston.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

image.thumb.png.805afb513fcba20d710a8401ddf600f1.png

Oh sweet hell yeah...

I just accidentally set a World Record while testing the RGTs on gravel.  Never achieved this in DR1, very proud.

Even made some mistakes, so I do totally expect I will be dethroned in the next 24h, just by posting this now. But I have already recorded the evidence and can claim to (soon have been) a World Record holder in DR2 (for a few hours). Yeahha!

And also the RGTs handle better on gravel than expected. At least the Porsche and the Aston.

Alright, let's take some bets. Who from the Dirty Discord is going to show up and get some early runs in for Spain hoping it's next week's challenge stage? @CrazyNevada or maybe @gheeD? Who knows, maybe we can finally convince Jon to take a few runs with us and show everyone how bad we really are at this game :classic_laugh:

23 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Or you can just turn softlock off and the cats will all have the DOR you set your wheel to.

And that worked!!!!!!! many thanks

Hi it's me and my whining about the wheel synchronization.

I set Soft lock to OFF and Saturation to 60. Now the wheels of all the cars I tested tonight resembled the physical rotation for my G29.

Happy puppy!

Codemasters could have added some helptext in the UI though.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Who knows, maybe we can finally convince Jon to take a few runs with us and show everyone how bad we really are at this game :classic_laugh:

I'm sure I've seen Jon in the resulting table of the last Daily. He was second. 🙂

Did some more open racing. Not really a review (as I just played a few hours) but some points I noticed (PS4 with Dualshock controller).
- The physics really took a step forward in both Rally and RX. 
- Sounds are top quality as ussual 🙂
- Graphics DR and D4 were quite good. But also in this area the game made a good step forward. 
- The UI looks very nice. Sometimes the red text is a bit pixely (is that a word?). Overall very clear.
- The CUSTOM event part is..... hmm.... a bit strange and unclear. It is really not possible to do an online RX race without AI? Even a single race and there is still AI, so basically most of the time you race again AI and not against other real people. I really suggest Codemasters to look into this part of the game. Need something like a quick option for an online RX race and a bigger event option where you can have up to 20 online players, but with the option for with or without AI. Than it will be really good for leagues i think. Now it seems to be an offline option with something online in it.
- RX is only possible to do single race or full event. No option for just finals anymore (semi and the final)
- The time trial is clear and simple. I think a good addition for both leaderboard and testing. Especially for testing I was missing it in DiRT 4. 
- As I said earlier, the RX AI made a good step forward, but also sometimes are to aggresive/stupid. For example at Canada, for no reason change line and push my rear bumper and send me into the barriers (thank god for the restart button) and when I leave the door a bit open at a sharp corner, they push the throttle, t-bone me and send me into the wall. The AI is a lot better in defending, speed, attacking, jokering, but they miss some race logic and taking lines. I can see and understand the AI is better, but I can also understand for a lot of people the current AI as frustrating with its strange action.
- Notice really difference between the RX cars. Not all driven yet, but the Audi S1 looks to have a good balance and overal on all RPM a strong engine, while the MK8 Fiesta is a bit more nervous and in lower rpm sometimes have no power and really need a clutch quick to get some rpm again. 
- The soundtracks are not the ussual thing of CM. Nothing big and more in the line of DR1 and not of DiRT 3 or 4.
- At the profile option needed to put my name and and number. So far I haven't really seen these anywhere. Except for my name on the side of the Black/Orange Audi RX, but the fictional black MK8 RX Fiesta had just a green number, but no name again. So not really seems logic in that part. 
- Next to the real liveries, not many interesting fictional liveries. And the fictional liveries who are there all seem to be created in DiRT 4 livery editor.  

Overall i think DR2.0 is a good/solid game and has a huge potential. Some parts of the game are an 10 out of 10 (graphics, interface, sounds, physics). Though a lot of parts are missing, are strange, unclear or can be improved. Therefore as a launch day mark, i give a 8 out of 10. I really enjoyed my first event with the Audi at the Barcelona track and made a huge smile on my face. Really thinking if I am waiting for some more patched before I start a WRX championship (career). The My Team Rallycross career not looks like a career for me. Not really a structure in it for me.

• Agree 4