DiRTy Gossip Thread

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Bonus points to Ken for the continued use of turbofans...

...side and rear exhausts seem a bit much though!

The rear diffuser isn't particularly small either... I think the Fiesta WRC used to run a smaller one! 

2 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

Well this is interesting. Kit Cars confirmed!!

BAB96505-A596-4795-ADE8-3A63AB0EECDC.png

Sounds good. Let's see what comes out of it (306 Maxi plz) 

@JZStudios It's something you should check, i'm a sound guy, so it's stuff i mess with a lot and in DR or DR2 i have zero balance issues with the codriver volume/balance with other sounds.

I know the center channel, which is what his voice comes through, would sound muffled if you have the game, windows, and/or soundcard software set to surround, but only have stereo speakers or headphones.

36 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

So we aren't getting F2?

I think we are getting F2, but maybe not that Nissan. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Crazy... they have gone with the almost unknown Sunny GTi Kit-Car instead of the beautiful Almera!

Words that do not belong in the same sentence: "beautiful" and "Almera". 

• Haha 4
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I would 100% take the Almera over the Sunny

I would say the Sunny is much better known than the Almera too. Didn't the Almera only last one season? 

Certainly didn't compete in BRC.

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Wow dude, pull those fangs back. You can see in the video he tries to shift and the gearbox doesn't work properly. The rev limit light is flashing like crazy. Made the car understeer and hit a bump. He also didn't watch his co-driver burn, I don't know where you got that from, you must've seen a different video.

watch the original film. right line wouldnt of mattered about the gear much.also he didnt even realize the rock was there. i didnt mean he watched him burn alive. he got out yet his co driver was still in and hes watching while hes trying to get out. you see this in the original video . not the edited version hes showing. why you think its edited.

8 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

watch the original film. right line wouldnt of mattered about the gear much.also he didnt even realize the rock was there. i didnt mean he watched him burn alive. he got out yet his co driver was still in and hes watching while hes trying to get out. you see this in the original video . not the edited version hes showing. why you think its edited.

Sorry, but I must have missed something when I saw the video... 

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

I think we are getting F2, but maybe not that Nissan. 

Why not?

6 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

No, wet gravel is pretty bloody slippy. It feels about right in game

Very slippy indeed, even at low speed I can barely keep the car on the road under braking. Maybe time to play with the setups more, I think the tyres lock up more easily and you just go straight on but it's kind of hard to tell with the FFB.

Was just wondering because the community delta/ai destroy me at wet gravel stages. 

Edited by chukonu

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

@tbtstt I liked the Kit-Car! But everything looked good in Kit-Car form...being the Micra or the Hyundai Coupé! In reality, except for the French bulldozer known as BX4TC tell me a car that didn't look good in racing trim!

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

@JZStudios It's something you should check, i'm a sound guy, so it's stuff i mess with a lot and in DR or DR2 i have zero balance issues with the codriver volume/balance with other sounds.

I know the center channel, which is what his voice comes through, would sound muffled if you have the game, windows, and/or soundcard software set to surround, but only have stereo speakers or headphones.

I have surround and it's set up as such. Paul is just really quiet. There's a reason they had to keep boosting his volume.

8 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

Oh, okay. Well you could do better I'm sure. I don't know what you expect him to do for the co-driver, but alrighty.

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Sorry, but I must have missed something when I saw the video... 

Yep. It's a perfectly fine line, except the car didn't shift, so it understeered into a hidden rock. And then you can see the co-driver come out a few seconds after Ken does.

Think Dgeesy just wants to **** on him just to **** on him.

8 hours ago, chukonu said:

Very slippy indeed, even at low speed I can barely keep the car on the road under braking. Maybe time to play with the setups more, I think the tyres lock up more easily and you just go straight on but it's kind of hard to tell with the FFB.

Was just wondering because the community delta/ai destroy me at wet gravel stages. 

Shh! Don't mention the lacking FFB, the other testers don't like it!

• Disagree 1

Ironically I can't speak to surround setups any more but I do know that regularly my windows settings will switch to surround and\or the sound settings will, causing poor audio channel issues.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Oh I'm sorry JZ, do you want me to point you to the first impression post I did of the pre release out in our 'special' forum? 

It has something about FFB. 

I really want the F2 kit cars back! I want to blast down those Spanish tarmac roads in the Pug! It would be really cool to see an expanded class too. Although I feel we will be waiting quite a while for it! Thankfully it’s not *too* long until the season one dlc starts to trickle in

40 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I really want the F2 kit cars back! I want to blast down those Spanish tarmac roads in the Pug! It would be really cool to see an expanded class too. Although I feel we will be waiting quite a while for it! Thankfully it’s not *too* long until the season one dlc starts to trickle in

Yeah, its the "obvious" choice, but I am all about the Pug 306 as well. Fingers crossed the class is coming though, like you say, I think it will be in a later season...

...as ever though, I'm happy to be proven wrong if it means we get more cars sooner! 

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I have surround and it's set up as such. Paul is just really quiet. There's a reason they had to keep boosting his volume.

Oh, okay. Well you could do better I'm sure. I don't know what you expect him to do for the co-driver, but alrighty.

Yep. It's a perfectly fine line, except the car didn't shift, so it understeered into a hidden rock. And then you can see the co-driver come out a few seconds after Ken does.

Think Dgeesy just wants to **** on him just to **** on him.

the line was bad so with the added understeer he hit a rock. the gearbox was part of the problem but the initial line set up the whole incident. i dont want to do anything on him. he made a mistake like numerous others hes made previously and the car got totalled. im sure we will see it again from him. atleast hes enjoying himself and he will grow evermore popular.

12 hours ago, chukonu said:

You should watch some 1998-2001 WRC GB footage and see how slippy wet gravel can be. A moment where Carlos Sainz loses control of his Ford Focus on a square left comes to mind, he just slid forward. There are also some moments with Makinen fighting to control his Mitsubishi with massive sliding.

Default setups aren't terrible, but if you mess around with it properly you'll get a lot more performance based on surface conditions.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Was wondering if any you kind gents could please explain to me the difference between “full” and “authentic” options on the surface degradation setting. As I would have thought they were one and the same? Any help appreciated. 👍

This, and we really need some information on the sides when hovering these options.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, HAMW05WC2014 said:

Was wondering if any you kind gents could please explain to me the difference between “full” and “authentic” options on the surface degradation setting. As I would have thought they were one and the same? Any help appreciated. 👍

Full means you will be experiencing the worst possible degradation. 

Authentic will give you whatever your road position allows. Far back will be degraded, far in front will be better. First few loose though. 

Optimal gives you perfect conditions. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, bogani said:

Full means you will be experiencing the worst possible degradation. 

Authentic will give you whatever your road position allows. Far back will be degraded, far in front will be better. First few loose though. 

Optimal gives you perfect conditions. 

Cheers 👍 So if I want the most realistic sim experience I assume authentic is best option then? I have just left it at default on full so far but was beggining to wonder more the more familiar I become with the game.

21 minutes ago, Riggs said:

This, and we really need some information on the sides when hovering these options.

also on much other options there is no info.....

on the wheel setting for example

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

also on much other options there is no info.....

on the wheel setting for example

It's odd because those tooltips were present in DiRt Rally; in fact, while preparing for my DiRT Rally 2.0 Controller Settings Guide video I went back to DiRT Rally to double-check the meanings of each controller setting option.

• Agree 1