Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

in my team i did not change the tyre after a puncture because the end  was near....

i wanted to change it on next stage after start but it don't give me the option........  :classic_dry:

If you have a spare it will change it automatically. If you don't have a spare, it won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

If you have a spare it will change it automatically. If you don't have a spare, it won't.

not in my case 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

not in my case 👍

Hmm maybe it's a bug then. I've only had it on one occasion and my tyre was replaced before the next stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tbtstt said:

During play last night I am 99% certain I saw an Irish Tarmac clip used in the introduction video for the Modern Classics Historic Championships? I can draw only one conclusion from this (possible) sighting: IRISH TARMAC DLC CONFIRMED

Was it gameplay or just old footage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

DiRTAccount verificato @dirtgame 14 min14 minuti fa

 
 

Well - what a week! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for all your support and feedback. This is only the beginning for DiRT Rally 2.0, and we're already working on the next updates. We hope you love what's in store. Keep it lit! Love, Team DiRT xD0l_wfAX0AAdr63.jpg

Look at all those NERDS!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chewy21398 said:

Was it gameplay or just old footage?

Its archive footage. Sure it was Bertie Fisher. Its a sign... 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ireland should definitely be on the cards, though having 3 tarmac rallies already might indicate that we aren't. 

I'm ever hopeful for Irish tar.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Ireland should definitely be on the cards, though having 3 tarmac rallies already might indicate that we aren't. 

I'm ever hopeful for Irish tar.

- Irish tarmac stages

- 90's and WRCar Irish liveries

- Impreza S12b with Irish liveries

Someone call the CM execs, I think I just designed DLC season 4. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not my post, but this is  for sure a "bug":

 

  •  
  • Members
  • 2
  • 3 posts

@ChristinaMc

Difficulty levels in Career mode need to be addressed,

In Elite difficulty The AI speeds are currently FASTER then the current world record holder for the particular stage I checked, please see images attached.

The world record itself I would say is questionable. The closest next time is 24 sec slower.

There is a massive leap in the AI speed between Pro difficulty and Elite,  in Pro I was challenged but able to place first in most stages, however in Elite difficulty trying my hardest i cannot seem to place in the top 20.  Lord knows what Master difficulty would be like!

Thanks!

WORLD RECORD TIME:

World record time.jpg

ELITE DIFFICULTY AI TIME:

Career time.jpg

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

- Irish tarmac stages

- 90's and WRCar Irish liveries

- Impreza S12b with Irish liveries

Someone call the CM execs, I think I just designed DLC season 4. 

To be honest, I actually don’t want any tarmac rallies to be added with the current tarmac physics. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy then as much as any other loose surface rally, event though tarmac is my favorite surface irl rallying.

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think tarmac in dirt rally 2.0 is pretty nice, a BIG step forward compared to dr1  😉

but i think the game should be more focused on gravel

so i think  66,,6% gravel  and 33,3%  tarmac in final game  would be a nice choice

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

Penso che l'asfalto nel dirt rally 2.0 sia abbastanza bello, un GRANDE passo in avanti rispetto a dr1  😉

ma penso che il gioco dovrebbe essere più focalizzato sulla ghiaia

quindi penso che 66, 6% di ghiaia e 33,3% di asfalto nel gioco finale sarebbero una buona scelta

per correre decentemente su asfalto dobbiamo andare su RBR World quindi? non credo ci siano delle percentuali precise, il rally và corso ovunque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ale81udine said:

per correre decentemente su asfalto dobbiamo andare su RBR World quindi? non credo ci siano delle percentuali precise, il rally và corso ovunque

i think the majority prefer gravel over tarmac, it's the most distinctive part of rally

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

Penso che la maggioranza preferisca la ghiaia all'asfalto, è la parte più caratteristica del rally

era..... la caratteristica. ci sono molti asfaltisti nella realtà e nei game. il rally è nato sullo sterrato perche le strade non erano ancora catramate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i think tarmac in dirt rally 2.0 is pretty nice, a BIG step forward compared to dr1  😉

but i think the game should be more focused on gravel

so i think  66,,6% gravel  and 33,3%  tarmac in final game  would be a nice choice

It's a big step forward for sure, but still nowhere near the level it needs to be. That's the thing. DR1 for me was so bad on tarmac that even a 100% improvement on those physics brings it to 40% of where it needs to be. So if this was a big step we need 3 more big steps. 🙂

But yeah that's my opinion. If others can enjoy the tarmac stages with current tarmac physics that that's great, nothing wrong with that. 🙂

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

È sicuramente un grande passo avanti, ma non è ancora vicino al livello che deve essere. Questa è la cosa. DR1 per me è stato così brutto su asfalto che anche un miglioramento del 100% su quelle fisiche lo porta al 40% di dove deve essere. Quindi, se questo è stato un grande passo, abbiamo bisogno di altri 5 grandi passi. 🙂

Ma sì, è la mia opinione. Se gli altri possono godersi gli stadi dell'asfalto con la fisica dell'asfalto attuale, è fantastico, non c'è niente di sbagliato in questo. 🙂

 

I agree with you. a big step forward on asphalt, there is still to improve .. also thinking of a possible wrc license where the asphalt is more present.

I would also like to see a more ruined asphalt. not always smooth, perfect. and also the roadway from wider to narrower
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

 

I agree with you. a big step forward on asphalt, there is still to improve .. also thinking of a possible wrc license where the asphalt is more present.


I would also like to see a more ruined asphalt. not always smooth, perfect. and also the roadway from wider to narrower

I hope that if Irish is in DLC it would be a rougher kind of asphalt.

 

Still wishing to see rallies like Barum someday...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

not my post, but this is  for sure a "bug":

 

  •  
  • Members
  • 2
  • 3 posts

@ChristinaMc

Difficulty levels in Career mode need to be addressed,

In Elite difficulty The AI speeds are currently FASTER then the current world record holder for the particular stage I checked, please see images attached.

The world record itself I would say is questionable. The closest next time is 24 sec slower.

There is a massive leap in the AI speed between Pro difficulty and Elite,  in Pro I was challenged but able to place first in most stages, however in Elite difficulty trying my hardest i cannot seem to place in the top 20.  Lord knows what Master difficulty would be like!

Thanks!

WORLD RECORD TIME:

World record time.jpg

ELITE DIFFICULTY AI TIME:

Career time.jpg

 

 

is it a fast time though ? many world records arent really world records at moment as many fast people havent done the stages. i did a stage yesterday for eg and first go beat  top time by about 6 seconds and quite a few had been on it. yet it wasnt even a fast run just a casual one. it will probably take a month of people playing maybe more until you get real world records, many people will claim them though for media purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've got a 3rd place, a 5th place and an 8th at the moment. I don't think they'll last but I can understand people being very proud of world records even if not everyone has attempted them. I'd be pretty chuffed if I got a WR now tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its more to illustrate that some times arent that fast at the top so saying ai is over the top when it isnt too fast. there maybe bugs in dirt 4 in certain classes you did have some obsurd times . ideally you want someone really quick to go do the event then see how it compares to the AI set time. then you will know if there is a issue or not.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, versedi said:

I hope that if Irish is in DLC it would be a rougher kind of asphalt.

Exactly: rough tarmac with scattered gravel. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I gather the R5 Time Trials are the most competitive; much fewer times on boards for other Classes.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've been playing the SP career, won the first season and now I'm on the second leading after 3 rallies. The first season I was driving the Impreza 555, drives and feels a lot better than in DR1. For the second season, I've decided to put use to the 1 million credits bonus and buy myself my favourite Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI and upgrade my team the best I could.

After a few tweaks on the setups and knowing the roads a bit better, I have to say Mitsubishi should be proud for such great representation of their car by Codemasters here in DiRT Rally 2.0. The car is a total beast, just like I remember watching in the WRC 90s reviews. I'm having such a blast driving this and push it harder every stage. Can't wait for the rest of the cars of this era to come to the game.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EVOs in this game are really well done and handle great. :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Well I've been playing the SP career, won the first season and now I'm on the second leading after 3 rallies. The first season I was driving the Impreza 555, drives and feels a lot better than in DR1. 

I think the Group A Impreza is much improved in DR2.0: it understeered like a pig and seemed gutless in D4, I can get some lovely slides out of it in DR2.0!

I am yet to try the Evo 6, best give that a look next! 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×