DiRTy Gossip Thread

Steam is a kind of the gaming Tripadvisor. Bethesda wont release any games because of the reviews system but... well its Bethesda. 

The forums are also surprisingly quiet. DR and D4 turned the forums into a colossal *********.

Codemasters should react faster. Everyone knows how game reviews work now adays and how easy an idea spread. The game can have potential, but with all the problems the game have they have done nothing for 2 weeks, and that's a lot of time. They could at least explain the plan and release small fixes, they have gone quiet as in Dirt 4.

Im sure the next thing will be: they have been working hard, much more to come, etc, etc. It's sad, but it looks like another game that will die early. You can not just base your game and player base on hype. And after all is a £70 game, that's an expensive one, people have rights to want a Deluxe support. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

54 minutes ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

Problem is, they took the forums offline for a long time just before launch, and now a lot of the core community is on Discord.

I did wonder, I don't use Discord all that often especially that chat which has so many people and moves so fast

• Agree 2

The discord runs parallel to this and has other functions. Most of us still use the forums also, however it's a slow news week I think.

• Agree 1

Yeah, I am checking both. The Discord Gossip is hard to keep up with as it builds up very quickly, the sub-forums are easier to keep pace with though!

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

That's why I think it's bummer you are all still using the discord. I was hoping it would be only for the time when forums were dead. Now forum is half dead.

Edited by versedi
  • Agree 6

10 minutes ago, versedi said:

That's why I think it's bummer you are all still using the discord. I was hoping it would be only for the time when forums were dead. Now forum is half dead.

Yeah me too, I guess its easier to access for most people though as its in front of them and a lot of people use it anyway. I just forget its there half the time lol.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Polish driver Mikołaj Marczyk ,Skoda driver presents his record and show how it's compare to real world 

Edited by tea3k
  • Like 3

That's probably the shortest steering lock I've ever seen! :classic_tongue:

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Photo Mode :classic_love:

I hope the camera is a GoPro with a big flash!

Posted (edited)

I didn't see a hint of photomode in that post. Did I miss something?

Edited by Rallystu2

1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

Same 🤔

has anyone mentioned that the camera shaking slider don't work???  in argentina i become seizes from that 😄

and tbh,  i think when sitting  and racing in a rally car humans eyes  don't give such a shaked vision, like a camera on a holder would do................... this shaking thing is a bit ******** in my opinion

• Agree 2

Have you softened your suspension? The camera is in a fixed position but will shake with uneven ground as the car does. If you soften your ride, alot of camera movement will reduce. 

50 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Have you softened your suspension? The camera is in a fixed position but will shake with uneven ground as the car does. If you soften your ride, alot of camera movement will reduce. 

sure i softened suspension on argentina, but the points are:

1- the slider who change camera shaking don't work

2- in real life  rally drivers have not cameras but eyes instead, and i hardly believe that those bumps  causing such a shaking effect on pilots eyes......

this feature is a bit a mess in my opion 😉

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

4 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Same 🤔

Those images that jon posted from the Skoda can't be made with the replay camera. But the DR2.0 logo is in it like in the replay camera as a watermark. That suggests like it is made with the photomode. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Those images that jon posted from the Skoda can't be made with the replay camera. But the DR2.0 logo is in it like in the replay camera as a watermark. That suggests like it is made with the photomode. 

Someone in the discord was showing they could get pretty close to that same angle at different parts of the track just using the track-side cams. Not saying you're wrong, but I don't think a single screenshot from the game is proof of a photomode. That corner Jon used for the jump and pic also seems like one a trackside cam would be prime for and definitely setup to capture that exact kind of pic.

• Agree 1

Yea I don't think it was a hint. I think it was just a nifty screenshot.

Posted (edited)

It's possible to get screen shots like that using either of the chase cams. Just pause the replay and switch to chase cam. You can spin the camera around the car 360 degrees. It's not quite a photo mode but you can get some interesting pics. You need some means of holding the camera in position whilst you take the pic. I'm using a pad so I just hold the stick in the right position. Not sure how you would do it with a wheel. I've got lots of interesting photos that you can't get from the normal trackside replay cameras. You still get the DR 2.0 watermark in the pic.

Edited by michellem
  • Agree 1