DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)

Edit: updated because Codemasters corrected themselves to say that DLC will be in career championships.

I hope they can also find a way to get Hardcore damage mode into career mode.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 10

Makes no sense at all.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, Riggs said:

Makes no sense at all.

It makes some 'sense' (they have to build in a logic to say what to do with someone who owns 0, 1, 2 or more locations).

Edit: Fortunately, it seems they have done this.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Disagree 1

I should be annoyed by that, but I'm really not. Probably because the career mode is really not fun anymore. At least to me. Too many long night rain stages. That and all the connection issues and such. And I have gotten really tired driving that one long seaside New Zealand stage. 

Meh, I'm enjoying myself in time trial and custom championships much more. 

as deluxe owner i found this a shame................  why should we give up the new locations in career mode???  because basic owner don't have it???? 

that's not my problem!

• Agree 2

On 3/6/2019 at 6:00 AM, JorritVD said:

People say it's calm and almost no news, but (A) ARX DLC has been teased and (B) now photomode seems also being confirmed by Jon
https://www.instagram.com/p/Buqlk3EFAoM/

Doubt it. It's probably just a still from regular trackside footage.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, JorritVD said:

Those images that jon posted from the Skoda can't be made with the replay camera. But the DR2.0 logo is in it like in the replay camera as a watermark. That suggests like it is made with the photomode. 

Why can't it be made with replay?

20 hours ago, michellem said:

I've got lots of interesting photos that you can't get from the normal trackside replay cameras. You still get the DR 2.0 watermark in the pic.

You can turn the watermark off.

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

as deluxe owner i found this a shame................  why should we give up the new locations in career mode???  because basic owner don't have it???? 

that's not my problem!

Because the career was designed with the base game in mind. It's not just random events... well, maybe they are, but they're the same for everybody so including new tracks in that complicates the career.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, JZStudios said:

Because the career was designed with the base game in mind. It's not just random events... well, maybe they are, but they're the same for everybody so including new tracks in that complicates the career.

so they should find a solution instead of damaging deluxe owners,   make dailies and weelky's with only the base content for them and so on.....................

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

quindi dovrebbero trovare una soluzione invece di danneggiare i proprietari deluxe, creare quotidiani e weelky con solo il contenuto di base per loro e così via .....................

il danno lo abbiamo già subito, pagato 90 euro per una versione beta con molti problemi,  per avere vecchi contenuti gia presenti nel primo Dirt rally. bello pagare cose reciclate.  I fanboy hanno la nebbia sugli occhi.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

On PC the camera rotate buttons for chase can (in replay) are home, end, delete and pgdn.  You can use combinations as well.

Yay! Awesome! Nice to see they take time to remaster an impresive game like Dirt Rally. Any chances this can bring DLCs to the owners of the original one? Maybe cross game play? I can wait to play in rainny Greece! 

2 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Sìì! Eccezionale! È bello vedere che si prendono tempo per rimasterizzare un gioco impresivo come Dirt Rally. Qualche possibilità questo può portare DLC ai proprietari di quello originale? Forse giocare a croce? Posso aspettare di giocare nella Grecia piovosa! 

DLC ,first season ! 90% pay old contents , nice politics. the people out of this forum are ****** off.

• Disagree 1

Every F1 and GT sim have the SAME tracks and noone bitches .Here we have remastered Dirt content and a bunch of new cars and content and we are up in arms...............................

We do need the FFB fixed please ,thats it.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

DLC ,first season ! 90% pay old contents , nice politics. the people out of this forum are ****** off.

Calm down! It's as simple as not buying the game, money is what hurts the guys taking the business decisions about Codemasters games. 

Edited by CodingRacer
  • Agree 1

1 minuto fa, Madhun1967 disse:

Ogni sim di F1 e GT ha le SAME traccia e noone bitches. Qui abbiamo rimasterizzato il contenuto di sporcizia e un sacco di nuove auto e contenuti e siamo in armi ................. ..............

Abbiamo bisogno del F9 per favore, questo è tutto.

we can not compare F1 to a rally. in F1 the tracks are those, in a rally you can also have 12 different special stages, it would be enough to create 4 different ones and their repetition to the contrary. do two long, split in half, change the name, it is not beautiful. always run on those kilometers. no need for a wrc license, even the game Sebastien Loeb rally evo has 4 different specials repeated on the contrary (8 to rally).  

we need FFB, improve console graphics, improve the rain, the hardcore damage is not seen, we Italians have problems with the pacenotes translated into our language. some inconsistent, others wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CodingRacer said:

Calmati! È semplice come non comprare il gioco, il denaro è ciò che ferisce i ragazzi prendendo le decisioni di business sui giochi Codemasters. 

I am calm, do you see me agitated? thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, ale81udine said:

I am calm, do you see me agitated? thanks

To be honest this forum seem to be as buggy as the game. Why some comments are listed in Spanish, Italian or French? So I might have misunderstood you. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CodingRacer said:

Ad essere onesti questo forum sembra essere buggy come il gioco. Perché alcuni commenti sono elencati in spagnolo, italiano o francese? Quindi potrei aver frainteso te. 

no problem, I speak as a quiet man. my observations and criticisms are driven by an immense passion for the world of rallying. the real one long before a video game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

So let's put it like this: career was designed without deluxe owners in mind. Awesome.
Also, why same events for everyone are so important while we have no career leaderboards? All you can do in career is grind money and upgrades, and I don't see how even straightforward cheating with those can give any noticeable advantage in online events -- and we have RaceNet to prevent exactly that, doesn't we?..

Guess I'll have to expand my negative review after that DLC gets out...

Edited by BloodCat
  • Agree 3

First I would like to say thanks to CM for answering some of the questions.

Are CM a little bit to quiet? In my opinion so so. 
I hoped they would be a little bit more active after the release.
it could also be that they are hard at work.

So this could mean some things.
- The fix specific for the guys is likely not to come before the DLC. 
- Other fixes still can come in short time.
- DLC is still on schedule as promised.

The DLC will be available in My Team, except for the career events.
That it not will be available for the career events a little bit dissapointing/frustrating, especially as it has been asked and mentioned a lot of times before.
Is it a suprise. Not really considering the DLC in DiRT 3 and DiRT Rally 1 was the same way.
Could have the communication about this point have been better, yes.

One positive point (if you want to see the positive), it could be that the DLC content become part of the career events in the future. 

Positive: Clubs are coming
Possible negative: i hope it won't be to late

---------------------------

Now I have played the game a couple of times. I would like to play it a bit more, but due to my busy schedule it's not completly possible. 

I gave my opinion earlier and I would like to add a bit to it. The game has quite a lot of positive points and I having a good time. But it's pretty basic with some career events, some community challengers, an WRX championship, custom (mostly) offline events and time trail. I can understand the My Team must bring some depth, but teh game is pretty flat. You can do a rally event or an RX event and that's actually it. There are no training, or challenges, creating a RX course, have direct races with friends, etc. 

The base is good. The sounds are awesome, the physics are well improved, the game looks good. Doing rally or rx, the game is good in that. Good for the hardcore rally(cross) gamer who want fully master all stages inside out in every car, but I could understand the less hardcore rally gamer (who also has other gaming interests) will loose his attention to something else interesting. Maybe sometimes play DR2.0, but not every week or month. That would be a shame, as the game has strong points to build on.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 7:53 PM, JZStudios said:

Edit: I was wrong about DLC implementation - it will be available in the career mode.

To reiterate, I’m more than happy about the DR1 stages being DLC. I’m really glad they’re updating them and I’m not daft enough to think that it’s “lazy” or that we could get 3 brand new locations for the same money.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Positive: Clubs are coming

If i'm not mistaken, news about clubs (or were those leagues?..) were the last one to surface before the complete shutdown of DiRT 4 support. 🙂

Posted (edited)

I like that if you join a club\league that a DLC owner setup, everyone can play the new content.

Honestly, the answer given was that you cannot yet play the DLC in the online career mode, just the offline career.  

That says it should be coming, don't know when, but it's not saying you can't and won't be able to play.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 2

Around these parts, unless someone from CM actually says "yes this is definitely coming" you take it with one big-ass grain of salt.

• Agree 3