DiRTy Gossip Thread

I will be happy enough if we get the Focus 2001 to come with the Impreza 2001. That will mean we will have 3 great cars from that generation (with the Lancer), which is more than we've had previously in DR1. If the 206 joins the mix, perfect. As for the Xsara, I'm not really caring that much due to the reasons I stated above. I would, although, love to see the Corolla and the Subaru 1997-2000.

1 hour ago, kheiro said:

Thursday for our first WRC 8 livestream! 

Yay! Nice the developers will be answering questions. A few years back there was an article where one of the devs was explaining how the stages were created, even explaining technicallities. I hope is not a hyped marketing chat. 

19 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I will be happy enough if we get the Focus 2001 to come with the Impreza 2001. That will mean we will have 3 great cars from that generation (with the Lancer), which is more than we've had previously in DR1. If the 206 joins the mix, perfect. As for the Xsara, I'm not really caring that much due to the reasons I stated above. I would, although, love to see the Corolla and the Subaru 1997-2000.

Yeah me too, however I would trade the Impreza for the 206 and have the 206 and Focus for me.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BloodCat said:

That simply is not true. At least, in the last 5 to 6 years of gaming the way you mentioned was used by Deus Ex and FarCry games only.

Oh really? The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Destiny 1 and 2, Ark and well, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided and every Far Cry spin off. I don't play a lot of games with map expansions, but there's plenty more. Most games that have them are treated as a separate side story thing, and/or a slight continuation after the completion of the base game. They also aren't usually indicated or referenced in the base game.

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The hell you doing? Don't you know you can't post anything about my dudebro Kenny on here? Didn't you hear he watched his co-driver burn after he slammed his previous perfectly functional cossie into a rock because he drives like a toddler? And that no other rally driver ever, ever crashes?

• Haha 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, CodingRacer said:

Yay! Nice the developers will be answering questions. A few years back there was an article where one of the devs was explaining how the stages were created, even explaining technicallities. I hope is not a hyped marketing chat. 

Yeah i just hope they explain how theyre going to get rid of that garbage handling model FTLOG!

• Agree 1

Seems I was wrong about the DLC locations not being available in the Career mode championships, so have gone through and edited my posts accordingly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

The hell you doing? Don't you know you can't post anything about my dudebro Kenny on here? Didn't you hear he watched his co-driver burn after he slammed his previous perfectly functional cossie into a rock because he drives like a toddler? And that no other rally driver ever, ever crashes?

But... but... it was the gearbox being the toddler. It refused to go in gear so the car was not being pushed out enough causing him to clip the rock. 😅

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sammoo said:

Oh, I would love it if they were!

Question is, would you want the 206 in red or silver?

And then what about the Citroen Xara...

Either would be awesome, but I wouldn’t get too excited, seeing as neither were in the first game it’s unlikely they’ll be in this one seeing as 90% of dlc is just the first game content😩

The Fabia and m1 will be good, but i was really looking forward to having MORE 2000’s cars in the dr2, not none, and then most of the original ones as dlc, very naive of me

although at least apparently it will be possible to buy each dlc item seperately, so i can buy the fabia and not the c4, so that’s something.

Edited by Pieman99

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

waits for next car crash and the excuses start to flow. 😂

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Oh really? The Witcher 3

O RLY? The Witcher 3? All the DLCs are integrated into main campaign, and they even affect each other (well, slightly). Didn't play any of the other games you mentioned. As for Deus Ex: MD -- do you remember the fecal storm on the forums about not integrating DLCs into the campaign?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

But... but... it was the gearbox being the toddler. It refused to go in gear so the car was not being pushed out enough causing him to clip the rock. 😅

No, he saw that rock and thought "**** this car, I could win this rally, but I'll just slam into that rock and take out this annoying bossy co-driver always trying to tell me where to go." The gearbox worked fine, it wasn't banging off the limiter at all. That flashing light on the dash was the collision warning system.

2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

waits for next car crash and the excuses start to flow. 😂

Because explaining what happened=excuses.

1 hour ago, BloodCat said:

O RLY? The Witcher 3? All the DLCs are integrated into main campaign, and they even affect each other (well, slightly). Didn't play any of the other games you mentioned. As for Deus Ex: MD -- do you remember the fecal storm on the forums about not integrating DLCs into the campaign?

No they are not. Hearts of Stone was mildly "teased" in the base game by means of Gaunter O'Dimm, but only in the sense that he existed. It very slightly expanded the existing map (or just filled some empty space with a village or two.) Edit* It did indeed maybe add a village, or they were just empty and useless before. "The first, entitled Hearts of Stone, will take place in the existing area of No Man's Land and focus on Geralt's continued adventures as he attempts to locate a mysterious figure known as the Man of Glass." The quests and story involved in it are completely separate from the main game and isn't referenced by any characters outside the DLC. Blood and Wine is an entirely new area and again, is not mentioned by any characters not included in the DLC. Both of them are also designed to be more end-game, with the requirements for Blood and Wine forcing it to be and acted as a send off for the series.

And no, I don't know anything about the forums for any games besides this forum. This is one of 2 forums I ever look at. But having played through DE:MD and the DLC, it makes about zero difference for the DLC to not be in campaign, so I don't know what the problem was.

Anyways, this is way off topic now and it's confirmed to be a non-issue, so whatever. Back to having Dgeesy be mad about Kenny.

Edited by JZStudios

It's funny people are mentioning the 206...

I just found a Burns 206 WRC mounted to a wall in a museum pretty close to one of codies office locations.

Peugot2.JPG

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

DiRTy Gossip intensifies 

Thats an 100% fan favourite

I need that car... NOW 

What about the not so loved 307cc? Now more serious, if they bring the Xsara too i would be already pretty happy

tenor.gif

Edited by BotaCalor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I just found a Burns 206 WRC mounted to a wall in a museum pretty close to one of codies office locations.

Peugot2.JPG

So that seems most likely to be the car they meant. Also why that is a thing? To hang cars on walls I mean.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BotaCalor said:

DiRTy Gossip intensifies 

Thats an 100% fan favourite

I need that car... NOW 

What about the not so loved 307cc? Now more serious, if they bring the Xsara too i would be already pretty happy

tenor.gif

206 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 307

No question as to which one I would prefer to see in the game! 

5 hours ago, Murikka said:

So that seems most likely to be the car they meant. Also why that is a thing? To hang cars on walls I mean.

I was going to ask the same thing, it’s strange isn’t it 🤔

If Burns' 206 comes to Dirt Rally 2.0, or any 206, I'll weep tears of the purest joy.

Cheeky little belters would make me a happy bunny.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Murikka said:

Stops it getting damaged/stolen

Posted (edited)

This one is also not a "real" 206 wrc, it's a "life size model". So it's quite light and probably quite a bit easier to fix on a wall.

Those cars were built by peugeot for display purpose, there is no engine/gearbox. On this picture you can see there is no radiator for example

3623036056_f563d4bb25_b.jpg

The bodykit is also quite different from the real thing. See the bumpers, hood, mirrors, side panels, rear wing etc :

autowp.ru_peugeot_206_wrc_18.jpg

Edited by Accro2008
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

HOLY S*** THIS BETTER BE TRUE. YESYESYESYESYESYES

We can finally have a more composed early 2000s class this time!

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

HOLY S*** THIS BETTER BE TRUE. YESYESYESYESYESYES

We can finally have a more composed early 2000s class this time!

one of my favourite car class in game with group A&B 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Accro2008 said:

This one is also not a "real" 206 wrc, it's a "life size model". So it's quite light and probably quite a bit easier to fix on a wall.

Those cars were built by peugeot for display purpose, there is no engine/gearbox. On this picture you can there is no radiator for example

3623036056_f563d4bb25_b.jpg

The bodykit is also quite different from the real thing. See the bumpers, hood, mirrors, side panels, rear wing etc :

autowp.ru_peugeot_206_wrc_18.jpg

And that’s probably why some cars in some games just feel wrong visually.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Peugot2.JPG

Why am I not surprised that you're the one to come up with the most logical, and desired, car for that tease? I told you last night, let me have my Toyota dream =P

• Haha 1