DiRTy Gossip Thread

As if the car line-up for DiRT Rally 2.0 wasn't good enough yet. 206 would be amazing.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Why am I not surprised that you're the one to come up with the most logical, and desired, car for that tease? I told you last night, let me have my Toyota dream =P

yes please 😄  this one

1994_Toyota_Celica_GT-Four_Group_A_Mud_r

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Loving the reaction to the 206, thought I was alone wanting it in the game, clearly I was wrong 😂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Loving the reaction to the 206, thought I was alone wanting it in the game, clearly I was wrong 😂

VkJaMwG.png

Oh you aren't the only one bud. It's been over 3 years but... it will be mine.

Edited by Cortextual
Save people typing out that vid link

6 hours ago, Accro2008 said:

This one is also not a "real" 206 wrc, it's a "life size model". So it's quite light and probably quite a bit easier to fix on a wall.

Those cars were built by peugeot for display purpose, there is no engine/gearbox. On this picture you can see there is no radiator for example

The bodykit is also quite different from the real thing. See the bumpers, hood, mirrors, side panels, rear wing etc :

I would suggest that if this is the car, the reasons you've mentioned there are the reasons WHY it can be this car.

Same way as the Focus was a test car and not the actual WRC, this Peugeot may well be the same sort of thing.

If it's that.

So I started to play the Rally career mode with an Adam R2 but those AI times are a bit weird? I'm not that good of a driver with my controller but I'm not so bad either that I crash all the time or go painfully slow. But I just played a stage in Poland and I went from 6sec behind the class leader to 20sec behind in just 1 split, and no I didn't spin or crash or made any kind of mistakes

So a quick question. Is the AI harder in DiRT Rally 2.0 compared to DiRT 4? The DiRT4 AI seems way too slow at times considering I have played the game for 16 hours (with 5 months break) and sometimes I can win a stage by spinning 4 times and losing a lot of time...

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

So a quick question. Is the AI harder in DiRT Rally 2.0 compared to DiRT 4? The DiRT4 AI seems way too slow at times considering I have played the game for 16 hours (with 5 months break) and sometimes I can win a stage by spinning 4 times and losing a lot of time...

way harder than dr 1.0 😂

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

In its current state the ai in dr2 career is broken. Elite level is unbeatable, and i’m assuming there is still a Master’s above it.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

In its current state the ai in dr2 career is broken. Elite level is unbeatable, and i’m assuming there is still a Master’s above it.

I know people who won master career. They are also guys who do top 10 in daily's. So yeah it is possible and I am far away from that so keep on trying and learning.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I know people who won master career. They are also guys who do top 10 in daily's. So yeah it is possible and I am far away from that so keep on trying and learning.

I’m surprised to hear that, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need fixing. Masters on dr1 was a piece of cake so dr2 needed to be harder, but Elite (which isn’t even the highest championship) shouldn’t be unbeatable for people who are outside of the top 10, i’m not far off the top 10 myself for daily’s.

unless of course the difficulty isn’t consistent across the classes perhaps? But from my own experience r5 and group a seemed bricked, and i’ve seen other users saying the same for some other classes. 

I have noticed that the ai times aren’t as spread out as dr1, so on an 8 minute stage the top 20 finishers can be seperated by about 15 seconds, so you could be less than 20 seconds slower than the leader on a long stage and finish pretty much last. Dr1 had bigger spreads so perhaps that is skewing the results more. 

Edited by Pieman99

42 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Sono sorpreso di sentirlo, ma ciò non significa che non debba essere corretto. I maestri su dr1 erano un pezzo di torta, quindi il dr2 doveva essere più duro, ma Elite (che non è nemmeno il campionato più alto) non dovrebbe essere imbattibile per le persone che sono fuori dai primi 10, non sono lontano dalla cima 10 me stesso per tutti i giorni.

a meno che, ovviamente, la difficoltà non sia coerente tra le classi, forse? Ma dalla mia esperienza r5 e il gruppo a sembrava appollaiato, e ho visto altri utenti dire lo stesso per alcune altre classi. 

Ho notato che i tempi dei ai non sono così distribuiti come dr1, quindi su un palco di 8 minuti i primi 20 classificati possono essere separati di circa 15 secondi, quindi potresti essere meno di 20 secondi più lento del leader di un palcoscenico lungo e finisci praticamente per ultimo. Dr1 ha avuto spread più ampi quindi forse questo sta distorcendo di più i risultati. 

the AI is different from the first dirt rally. the current elite level corresponds to the Masters of the first dirt rally. they should lower a little, to do good times you have to drive in an alien way ... it's not rallying.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mantvisr said:

Jeez, you need to fix that hitching, your wheel or handbrake causes it - disable one of your usb HID devices while in game, then reenable it, should stop the hitching.

Please Codies add dash camera like it was Dirt Rally. Dirt Rally 2 dash camera too far away. Or add option to move forward dash camera.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Jeez, you need to fix that hitching, your wheel or handbrake causes it - disable one of your usb HID devices while in game, then reenable it, should stop the hitching.

Hmm, tried that but didn't worked. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Mantvisr

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

It's not consistent across car classes at the moment, but if they are going to patch regularly and now they have access to thousands of times more data than they did before I've no doubt this is one of those things that will get polished along the way.

rFactor, R3E, Assetto Corsa received, or still do, AI updates for years to keep improving and rebalancing it so I hope to see the same here.

It would be great one day if they were able to generate AI times from averaging player times on leaderboards.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 1

Although the control with command is better, it hardly feels anything compared to DR... I can’t feel the weight, and there’s a horrible camera effect of accelerating with the external view that I don’t know who came up with it...

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

It's not consistent across car classes at the moment, but if they are going to patch regularly and now they have access to thousands of times more data than they did before I've no doubt this is one of those things that will get polished along the way.

rFactor, R3E, Assetto Corsa received, or still do, AI updates for years to keep improving and rebalancing it so I hope to see the same here.

It would be great one day if they were able to generate AI times from averaging player times on leaderboards.

Hope they'll return to a Pareto distribution where the Lorenz curve eases out the higher a tier you go like in DiRT Rally.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RFSander said:

Please Codies add dash camera like it was Dirt Rally. Dirt Rally 2 dash camera too far away. Or add option to move forward dash camera.

I think it's only far on the R5s, but to be honest I think it's like that. On the other hand, theres almost no difference between dash and cockpit so yeah..the dash could've been placed a little bit further.

18 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I would suggest that if this is the car, the reasons you've mentioned there are the reasons WHY it can be this car.

Same way as the Focus was a test car and not the actual WRC, this Peugeot may well be the same sort of thing.

If it's that.

Chances are, if the car in the game is not an actual WRCar but something very similar, it will be easier to licence and will get Codies less trouble with the WRC promoter. So the devs are probably looking for these kind of cars when they look for a new model 

Look at the PS4 Pro graphics.

dirt2kfjkk.png

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, J89 said:

Look at the PS4 Pro graphics.

dirt2kfjkk.png

If all of these screenshots were originally taken at or zoomed to 4K then that explains it.

Xbox One X is the only console specification that can render DiRT Rally 2.0 at native 4K resolution. All other forms of the game on console display at 1080p.

On larger screens this may result in a blurry experience.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-dirt-rally-2-0-all-versions-tested

• Like 1