Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

Christ, the xbox one x verson looks insane 😳

had no idea the pro/x were that much better than the standard consoles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

You guys are gonna **** your pants if you ever see a PC... 😉

I can play Forza titles at 4K max settings on Windows. Looks great but I still prefer playing on Xbox though :classic_happy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

You guys are gonna **** your pants if you ever see a PC... 😉

Haha touché 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody here really think Codies intentionally made the PS versions inferior to the Xbox versions?, or do you think the consoles are the causes of their own limitations and that Codies released the best versions of the game on each machine?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Xbox One X is a lot more powerful than the PS4 Pro, so it’s a given that the X build looks better. What is strange however is that the PS4 Pro doesn’t even get a bump to 1440p. I guess they couldn’t get that steady at 60hz.

Edited by Ruben Correa Alves
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now in career I finished Kangarooland with 1 night stage and Argentina with 2 -- and not a drop of rain in both! Looks like my game is broken.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any speculation having more Skodas in the game? Now there is the new evolution of Fabia R5 and Fabia WRC through DLC, both with official factory liveries. Seems like the licencing has been done with Skoda Motorsport, so could there also be Octavia WRC (in the 2001 category with Impreza and 206), Felicia (in the KitCars with Nissan Almera) AND the 130RS in the historic category... 🤪

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MacNitro said:

Has there been any speculation having more Skodas in the game? Now there is the new evolution of Fabia R5 and Fabia WRC through DLC, both with official factory liveries. Seems like the licencing has been done with Skoda Motorsport, so could there also be Octavia WRC (in the 2001 category with Impreza and 206), Felicia (in the KitCars with Nissan Almera) AND the 130RS in the historic category... 🤪

I hope we get more Nissans, 240RS would be nice. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, MacNitro said:

Has there been any speculation having more Skodas in the game? Now there is the new evolution of Fabia R5 and Fabia WRC through DLC, both with official factory liveries. Seems like the licencing has been done with Skoda Motorsport, so could there also be Octavia WRC (in the 2001 category with Impreza and 206), Felicia (in the KitCars with Nissan Almera) AND the 130RS in the historic category... 🤪

I hope we get the Octavia WRC for the 2000's category. Along with the Focus Mk1 WRC and 206 WRC.

Edited by LukeNJ7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BloodCat said:

Just now in career I finished Kangarooland with 1 night stage and Argentina with 2 -- and not a drop of rain in both! Looks like my game is broken.

:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MacNitro said:

Has there been any speculation having more Skodas in the game? Now there is the new evolution of Fabia R5 and Fabia WRC through DLC, both with official factory liveries. Seems like the licencing has been done with Skoda Motorsport, so could there also be Octavia WRC (in the 2001 category with Impreza and 206), Felicia (in the KitCars with Nissan Almera) AND the 130RS in the historic category... 🤪

Absolutely agree :classic_cool: 130RS is my secret dream :classic_rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a random post. I am thinking which new Rally and new RX location i like the most so far.
From the rally locations (New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA) all have their are good things. But I think my preference would go to New Zealand.
It has a nice flow and a lot of different speeds, height differences, technical challenges.

From the fout new RX locations (Barcelona, Mettet, Trois-Rivieres, and Silverstone) it is a difficult choice as well. I think Barcalona would have my preference, followed closely by Trois-Rivieres and Silverstone. Somehow i'm not really a fan yet of Mettet. Interestingly, the older locations I haven't really played yet again. Maybe due I raced them a lot in D4 and also DR1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Just a random post. I am thinking which new Rally and new RX location i like the most so far.
From the rally locations (New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA) all have their are good things. But I think my preference would go to New Zealand.
It has a nice flow and a lot of different speeds, height differences, technical challenges.

From the fout new RX locations (Barcelona, Mettet, Trois-Rivieres, and Silverstone) it is a difficult choice as well. I think Barcalona would have my preference, followed closely by Trois-Rivieres and Silverstone. Somehow i'm not really a fan yet of Mettet. Interestingly, the older locations I haven't really played yet again. Maybe due I raced them a lot in D4 and also DR1. 

I agree with you, each spot does have their own special qualities. I like the technicality of Argentina, especially when you go over the narrow bridges. That always gets my pulse up a bit when I squeeze my way through just right. Poland has the tight little village sectors with the tight hairpins and chicanes that I really enjoy as well. Just getting those sectors right feels really good. But, overall, I agree NZ is probably my favourite. Getting a RWD car snaking its way through the hills is fun. There’s a nice mix of open, flowing hills and narrow areas that keeps you on your toes throughout the stage. If I could only see some of it a bit better (wink wink CM), that would probably be my favourite of the Dirt Rally locations. 

I cant say much about the new RX tracks as the only new one I’ve really spent much time on is Mettet, but that one is pretty fun and the cars are feeling good, too. Once I get tired of rally, which might not be for a while, the rallycross seems to be a good step up from DR1 and Dirt 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

From the fout new RX locations (Barcelona, Mettet, Trois-Rivieres, and Silverstone) it is a difficult choice as well. I think Barcalona would have my preference, followed closely by Trois-Rivieres and Silverstone. Somehow i'm not really a fan yet of Mettet. Interestingly, the older locations I haven't really played yet again. Maybe due I raced them a lot in D4 and also DR1. 

Mettet was the rallycross circuit I was most looking forward to but, as I have said elsewhere, it doesn't seem right to me and I'm not really enjoying it. 

Trois-Rivieres is a bit more of a challenge than I was expecting and Barcelona is much trickier than I thought it would be. Silverstone is a pretty boring layout in real life, but it's quite good fun in game (although, like real life, a very slow circuit). 

As for the rally side of things New Zealand is the location that has made the biggest impression on me. I was expecting to like Poland (and I really do), but the New Zealand stages flow really well. 

I rather like New England as well. Not hugely technical, but good for getting to grips with new cars. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

question:   does someone apart me notice lack of grip with r5 (fiesta)?   specially in australia?   and  the back of the car tend to oversteer a bit like a rwd  🤔

don't know, technically they should be the cars with the best grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surprised not been more talk about dlc being released tomorrow

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

question:   does someone apart me notice lack of grip with r5 (fiesta)?   specially in australia?   and  the back of the car tend to oversteer a bit like a rwd  🤔

don't know, technically they should be the cars with the best grip

I've had some 4wd cars be more tail happy when they're not fully upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been binge watching Hoonigan's YT channel recently and Rhys Millen does a great job at explaining the corner numbers in rallying for anyone interested (time stamp embedded) :

 

 

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I've had some 4wd cars be more tail happy when they're not fully upgraded.

my fiesta is 100% upgraded 😄     to me it feels i can go faster with the  integrale or the 1995subaru and it's kinda strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

my fiesta is 100% upgraded 😄     to me it feels i can go faster with the  integrale or the 1995subaru and it's kinda strange

Because it's faster. More HP and more cc. The R5 is an overall slow class compared to even the old WRCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

-snip-

Video is up already

So it's out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i checked but i havent got them and i got both dlcs. so not sure which platform people got them already ? im on pc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×