DiRTy Gossip Thread

57 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

I've just got a new Logitech G920 however the brake pedal only applies half brakes unless you jump up and down on it. Anyone know what the problem is or have a solution if suffering a similar thing?

simply,¬† set brake saturation to 60% in game ūüėČ

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully some of these (dutch) liveries can come in the game.

A lot of Fabia WRC were run by Wevers Sport (maybe they can help with recording of the sound), including one for Petter Solberg:
http://www.weverssport.com/rallysport/?page_id=108

2009_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Petter-Solberg.jpg Petter Solberg

9efb959a7ac166288e4019bbc23c49a6.jpg John Temmink

bdc29b556d3c9e01a220f59285789a1f.jpg erik.jpg Erik Wevers

2008-Skoda-Fabia-WRC-Harry-Kleinjan_Annemieke-Hulzebos.jpg Kleinjan%20Harry%20-%20Hulzebos%20Annemieke.jpg Harry Kleinjan

2007_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Rene_Kuipers_Erwin_Mombearts.jpg Rene Kuipers

2007_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Kristian_Poulsen-Ole_Frederiksen.jpg Kristian Poulsen

2009_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Gert_Huzink_Aaldert_Aaltink.jpg Gert Huzink

2009_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Dennis_Kuipers-Kees_Hagman.jpg Dennis Kuipers

2010-Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Patrick_Veenhuizen_Pierre_Krieger.jpg Patrick Veenhuizen

2011_Skoda_Fabia_WRC_Erik_Bolhaar_Gert_Kamphuis.jpg Eric Bolhaar

Also the Citro√ęn C4 WRC has been in the Dutch Rally championships a couple of times

EDFO_ELE14_14-juni-2014_16-47-31_D1_3212_ELE-Rally-2014.jpg RALLYLOVERS_20140409121631_XL.jpg Jeroen-Swaanen-test-zijn-Citroen-C4-WRC-foto-Dre-Galiart.jpg Jeroen Swaanen

6805462971_bfdcd37c12_b.jpg 8048126256_e106d1875e_b.jpg Peter van Merksteijn (Jr.)

maxresdefault.jpg Peter Versluis

Edited by JorritVD

12 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

A lot of Fabia WRC were run by Wevers Sport (maybe they can help with recording of the sound), including one for Petter Solberg:

2008-Skoda-Fabia-WRC-Harry-Kleinjan_Annemieke-Hulzebos.jpg Kleinjan%20Harry%20-%20Hulzebos%20Annemieke.jpg Harry Kleinjan

Also the Citro√ęn C4 WRC has been in the Dutch Rally championships a couple of times

EDFO_ELE14_14-juni-2014_16-47-31_D1_3212_ELE-Rally-2014.jpg RALLYLOVERS_20140409121631_XL.jpg Jeroen-Swaanen-test-zijn-Citroen-C4-WRC-foto-Dre-Galiart.jpg Jeroen Swaanen

6805462971_bfdcd37c12_b.jpg 8048126256_e106d1875e_b.jpg Peter van Merksteijn (Jr.)

Yea. 

On the subject of leaderboards, if I set to cross platform I see a lot of "Dirt Player" entries on the community events. For me this is an issue because I own Dirt Rally on PS4 but Dirt Rally 2.0 on PC. I'd like to be able to compare times with the people I used to play DR1 with.

My racenet account is linked to PSN and Steam and the old DR players show up as friends in racenet web page.

Not sure if friends filter on Steam works because I don't have any!

Yeah it'd be nice if this could get patched later and put a symbol in front of the player related to their console or PC

47 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I hope more for that livery editor, that was hinted long ago as "not at beginning" it would be very nice to create own, or re-create liveries for as console users (pc users can mod, but we are stock with  20% " original bespoke" liveries, and the rest are only quick used patern livery from dirt 4)., 

I’m hoping the audio for the Fabia can be updated as it sounds like a Focus WRC07 at the moment. Which is just plain wrong. 

• Agree 5

25 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Yeah it'd be nice if this could get patched later and put a symbol in front of the player related to their console or PC

I'd just be happy to see them. I did like the option on the old website to filter by assists and controller/wheel though.

Main concern is that it't fixed ready for leagues/clubs so I can compete in my old leagues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Riggs said:

There are reasons we cannot do this.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I suppose it has to do with legal stuff. Or is it just the inability to get the players names?

Edited by Riggs

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

I suppose it has to do with legal stuff.

It always comes back to legal stuff... why can't we have nice things too damnit!

9 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Could the names be shown on an online leaderboard or will they just not let you mix the ps4 and xbox people? Sometimes I wish Sony and Microsoft would just hug it out. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

Could the names be shown on an online leaderboard or will they just not let you mix the ps4 and xbox people? Sometimes I wish Sony and Microsoft would just hug it out. 

Surely that can't be it? The Dirt 4 website allowed cross platform results with names (can't remember if it worked in game as hardly played it) and it was possible to browse the Dirt Rally results by individual platform. In fact, at one point the cross platform results were automatically compiled and uploaded to r/simrally

@CMMcBabe Will clubs/leagues be cross platform?

7 minutes ago, Smithers1968 said:

Will clubs/leagues be cross platform?

I want to say we already had confirmation on this, but don't remember if it was here or in the Discord. I'm 99% sure though that it'll be at least pc/console cross platform, and pretty sure it'll be completely pc/console/console cross platform

56 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

I’m hoping the audio for the Fabia can be updated as it sounds like a Focus WRC07 at the moment. Which is just plain wrong. 

@cmsoundfx If codemasters is searching for a fabia wrc to record, Rent Speed Racing (Belgium) have 3 of them.

Those rent cars are running or testing somewhere almost every week.

https://rentspeedracing.be/voitures/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Smithers1968 said:

Surely that can't be it? The Dirt 4 website allowed cross platform results with names (can't remember if it worked in game as hardly played it) and it was possible to browse the Dirt Rally results by individual platform. In fact, at one point the cross platform results were automatically compiled and uploaded to r/simrally

@CMMcBabe Will clubs/leagues be cross platform?

We are not allowed to call out on mixed leaderboards who comes from where.  We can do individual platform leaderboards or the big mix.

For part two, they can be cross platform.  It will be decided by the owner/creator when setting it up for the first time.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

We are not allowed to call out on mixed leaderboards who comes from where

Is that why you are also not allowed to show anything more than "Dirt Player" for people on other platforms? Seems like a weird restriction to have placed on the team, but then again most of the stuff Microsoft and Sony do to spite each other is pretty weird...

Damn, I'd rather see a guy's name than where he's from. What do I care where you are from, unless you are French and that will be obvious when you win every rally for 15 years in a row. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Is that why you are also not allowed to show anything more than "Dirt Player" for people on other platforms? Seems like a weird restriction to have placed on the team, but then again most of the stuff Microsoft and Sony do to spite each other is pretty weird...

Pretty much.  It is similar to cross platform implementations on other games. 

I wouldn't say it is a spite thing, it is to do with player ownership of their identities.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing there's privacy and GDPR-related matters involved too.

Either way, good to know. I'm still a little bit off the top of Xbox leaderboard anyway so I've got no chance of beating the Steam crowd :classic_laugh:

One thing that would be neat (if feasible) is an icon showing if a player set a time on controller, wheel or keyboard, or some icons to show if a player is using assists and a setup, like in Forza Motorsport 7:

image.thumb.png.41ede01e356184f376413202f47b2b3b.png

In other news:

What does a day in your job look like?

Succinctly: tea, tweets and emails! On a serious note, though‚Ķ What doesn‚Äôt it look like? Working in Community means you get a uniquely broad overview of how things work; on a morning I might be in a meeting with some of our marketing partners, or meeting our Licensing team to see if cool assets have been approved for use yet, or dropping bombs in the DiRTy Gossip thread, or in a meeting with the development team about plans for our current and future titles‚Ķ No one day looks the same. I can go from being in a field in Galway, to a race circuit in Spain, to the set of an advert at Pinewood Studios, to being at my desk.ÔĽŅ

That shoutout :classic_biggrin:

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I wouldn't say it is a spite thing, it is to do with player ownership of their identities.

Interesting, I wonder if there's actually anyone who is ok with their username being displayed to everyone on their platform but would object to it being seen on the others. Seems unnecessary since you probably already agreed they could show it wherever they want when you signed up to their online service. But alas, their legal ppl care little for our petty leaderboard rivalries. 

Edited by Cortextual

23 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

Interesting, I wonder if there's actually anyone who is ok with their username being displayed to everyone on their platform but would object to it being seen on the others. Seems unnecessary since you probably already agreed they could show it wherever they want when you signed up to their online service. But alas, their legal ppl care little for our petty leaderboard rivalries. 

Think of it this way, you agreed to having your details shared with that platform and privacy controls on that platform.  You did not agree to sharing on other platforms or how it could be shown, by having there without a way to control it your data is outside of your control.  When you use RaceNet and give consent we can start to share the bits you allow us to.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Interesting, on project cars this seems no problem