DiRTy Gossip Thread

4 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

simply,  set brake saturation to 60% in game 😉

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Think of it this way, you agreed to having your details shared with that platform and privacy controls on that platform.  You did not agree to sharing on other platforms or how it could be shown, by having there without a way to control it your data is outside of your control.  When you use RaceNet and give consent we can start to share the bits you allow us to.

I can understand that, and you explain it well. I'm just not sure that a publically available username constitutes personal data. But I know you guys make every effort to get these functions in the game and that your hands are tied in places. 

@CMMcBabe Thanks for confirming the league thing. That was my main concern. 

Still don't understand the restriction on displaying names of players on other platforms though.

I can see why you're not allowed to pull user details, even usernames from PSN/XBL. Just because someone bought your game doesn't mean they're happy to share their data. Presumably their existing agreement with their console provider allows you to share with other users on that platform. That sounds almost sensible for global leaderboards for the hotlapping fans but what about community events? To compete in these I have to sign up to racenet and I'm pretty sure that on line 3672 of the UA I agreed to share my details with other racenet members. So you may not be allowed to go direct to PSN/XBL/Steam but can get names from your own servers?

If that's not allowed, why can I login to dirtgame.com and see results from all platforms there for DR1 and cross platform results for all platforms on dirt4game.com for Dirt 4?

Or is it a bit like the WRC cars from Dirt Rally - you got away with it back then but could risk it now?

Not my top priority and only concerns me because I switched platform recently but would be nice to have. Would be happy if it just works on the web portal (when we get one?) but not in game.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

A far better idea would be to calibrate the controller in game.

12 minutes ago, Smithers1968 said:

Still don't understand the restriction on displaying names of players on other platforms though.

I can see why you're not allowed to pull user details, even usernames from PSN/XBL. Just because someone bought your game doesn't mean they're happy to share their data. Presumably their existing agreement with their console provider allows you to share with other users on that platform. That sounds almost sensible for global leaderboards for the hotlapping fans but what about community events? To compete in these I have to sign up to racenet and I'm pretty sure that on line 3672 of the UA I agreed to share my details with other racenet members. So you may not be allowed to go direct to PSN/XBL/Steam but can get names from your own servers?

If that's not allowed, why can I login to dirtgame.com and see results from all platforms there for DR1 and cross platform results for all platforms on dirt4game.com for Dirt 4?

Or is it a bit like the WRC cars from Dirt Rally - you got away with it back then but could risk it now?

Not my top priority and only concerns me because I switched platform recently but would be nice to have. Would be happy if it just works on the web portal (when we get one?) but not in game.

That was his point; if they choose to use racenet, they can share that detail, otherwise it's just the platform data which once it leaves the platform, leaves any agreement they made.

20 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

A far better idea would be to calibrate the controller in game.

Ok cheers, I'll give that a try too.

47 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Ok cheers, I'll give that a try too.

let us know wich was better 😂

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Group B + bald tyres = scary. 

That reminds me of what Markku Alén once said: "Se gommo tiene, io vince gara! Se gommo non tiene, io come bomba dentro montagna..." 

Which translates to: "If tire holds, I win race! If tire does not hold, I like bomb into mountain..." 

Gotta love the mentality, Maximum Attack. Always. 

• Like 2

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but I find the Fabia is so incredibly loud, I can barely hear Mr. Mills. I'm using a headset and I already turned engine sound to the minimum. Hood cam is fine and it's actually the opposite, volume is too low in my view. Not sure if it's just me. ()

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There are some sound balancing issues coming in the next patch - but in the mean time, it sounds like you have got windows settings (and/or sound card settings) set to surround sound (happens a lot in windows changing on it's own)  Go check it so stop this kind of poor sound balance.

The coming sound balances will do nothing for the sound settings being wrong in windows.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 1

I didn't know sound balancing would be part of the coming patch. I'm on console btw. 

Has there actually been any mention of what's in the first patch? Or when its going to be? 

No, there is no mention of what's in the second patch (we had the first, v1.1) or when it's coming, and i'm talking about a content patch, not any bug fixing patches.

There are different sound balances between some of the cars, not intentional, so that should be fixed in the near future, the still doesn't stop you hearing the codriver on a correctly setup sound system.

@richie i would look to make sure everything else is setup and configured correctly, are you on a surround system, but using headphones? are you using the headphone setting in game etc.?

17 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

I’m hoping the audio for the Fabia can be updated as it sounds like a Focus WRC07 at the moment. Which is just plain wrong. 

Agree. The Focus 07 has a VERY distinct exhaust note that makes it unique so it feels kinda wrong to hear it on the Fabia. 

This clip shows how cool the Fabia sounds from the inside and as the clip switches from pure onboard sound to the  boring one picked up with the co-driver pretty early on also shows how the usual onboards we see really doesn't represent how the cars actually sounds. 

• Like 3

Hopefully they patch running order. ideally I'd like to set the running order formula myself for custom champs, so as to better replicate real life.

At the moment the intention is that the championship leader runs first on the road on day one, then the entire top 30 is reversed for subsequent days.

In actual fact at the moment this isn't working. Right now the top 30 is reversed from day 1 onwards, so the championship leader is running 30th on the road on day 1.

I'm assuming this will get patched as it's a simple fix, but I'd hope to be able to just flip the top 10 on subsequent days of a rally.

To have such a dynamic tool in the game is great, but is partially wasted by us not having control over it's implementation.

16 hours ago, Smithers1968 said:

It's the difference of showing things on web pages versus in game.  We made agreements about how we do it in game and we are sticking with those for now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

@richie i would look to make sure everything else is setup and configured correctly, are you on a surround system, but using headphones? are you using the headphone setting in game etc.?

Yes, I'm using the headphone setting but it's still too loud atm. Will have to drive it in hood cam for now, but thanks for the advice 👍

Edit: Just gave it another go and it seems to be fine now. I didn't change anything in my settings, just tried again and I can now hear my co-driver. 🙂

Edited by richie
  • Like 1

Watching the WRC 8 livestream right now, and they announced they'll have a bunch of historic cars in addition to all the current WRC stuff (Lancia Fulvia, Delta Integrale were some of the ones they mentioned.) Looks like some proper competition to DR2 is coming later this year.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, ShodanCat said:

Watching the WRC 8 livestream right now, and they announced they'll have a bunch of historic cars in addition to all the current WRC stuff (Lancia Fulvia, Delta Integrale were some of the ones they mentioned.) Looks like some proper competition to DR2 is coming later this year.

I'm watching as well, what I really liked so far was the dynamic weather on the Argentina stage, it went from cloudy & overcast to rain and then to rain & fog that got gradually thicker

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Not sure to what extent there has been some kind of evolution in the series, but WRC 6 was free to download on Xbox and it was clear after just a few moments: No competition. Not even close. 

Edited by richie

Just now, richie said:

Not sure to what extent there has been some kind of evolution in the series, but WRC 6 was free to download on Xbox and it was clear after just a few moments: No competition. I uninstalled it without even having finished one single stage. 

There has been evolution in the series. 7 was a big improvement, but still had some BIG flaws IMHO. That's why I'm at least curious about 8 because if the trend continues, it could be very good. Plus it's now been 2 years since the last game, instead of the previous ones being only 1 year game-to-game.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, richie said:

Not sure to what extent there has been some kind of evolution in the series, but WRC 6 was free to download on Xbox and it was clear after just a few moments: No competition. I uninstalled it without even having finished one single stage. 

WRC 7 was much better, and from video 8 is improved physic wise.. ( but honestly not DR2 level)

Edited by dani211212