DiRTy Gossip Thread

14 countries in WRC 8, all with dynamic weather. Any way you slice it, that's awesome.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

many new things i wanted in dirt rally aswell. new replay system with better cams. the positions look very good.

• Agree 1

It's a cool thing to have. You need pretty long stages for dynamic weather to be worth it though. And you could have all the countries in the world, if the cars aren't fun to drive the game sucks. Honestly they have done such a **** job with the WRC license over the years it's about time they started making some effort.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

It's a cool thing to have. You need pretty long stages for dynamic weather to be worth it though. And you could have all the countries in the world, if the cars aren't fun to drive the game sucks. Honestly they have done such a **** job with the WRC license over the years it's about time they started making some effort.

i don't believe this will ever happen,because wrc is designated to mainstream...... so it never will be a sim for rallyentusiasts like us 😉

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i don't believe this will ever happen,because wrc is designated to mainstream...... so it never will be a sim for rallyentusiasts like us 😉

I agree but it's pretty baffling. Hey let's make a rally game, shall we have it appeal to people who are interested in rally? Nah there's more of the other guys 🤑 Damn that's a small emoji, it's a guy with dollar signs for eyes... I think.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Some footage of my dudebro Mr. The Block testing out his blasphemous cossie with his co-driver that he watched burn in his last cossie crash. Didn't know his wife also rallies.

Wow, that front lip got absolutely shredded.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Like 1

Just now, Cortextual said:

I agree but it's pretty baffling. Hey let's make a rally game, shall we have it appeal to people who are interested in rally? Nah there's more of the other guys

Different markets. WRC are trying to attract new fans, so the game is designed to appeal to them. The numbered DiRT's aim for the same market. DiRT Rally is aimed at current fans.

New fans want the glitz and glamour of the event. Rally fans want the rally.

19 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Some footage of my dudebro Mr. The Block testing out his blasphemous cossie with his co-driver that he watched burn in his last cossie crash.

Yeah, it's nice to see his co driver got over burning to death so quickly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cortextual said:

The cars seem to slide not at all. So rubbish again...

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Different markets. WRC are trying to attract new fans, so the game is designed to appeal to them. The numbered DiRT's aim for the same market. DiRT Rally is aimed at current fans.

Yea I get that. I still think it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to fans to tie up the WRC license in an arcade game and not let anyone try to make a sim with those cars.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

In the latest WRC games (7 and now 😎 it feels almost like the suspension is too stiff and unforgiving. Real WRCars have otherworldly suspension systems and they can absorb bumps incredibly well, keeping the ride mostly in asset. At the same time, because they're softer, they need a lot of balancing under braking and they're very predictable and 'easy' to keep in a slide. In WRC8 the cars still feel to rigid and sharp in the corners, there isn't as much room to play around with. This is mostly noticeable at medium speeds in my opinion 

1 hour ago, carpa said:

In the latest WRC games (7 and now 😎 it feels almost like the suspension is too stiff and unforgiving. Real WRCars have otherworldly suspension systems and they can absorb bumps incredibly well, keeping the ride mostly in asset. At the same time, because they're softer, they need a lot of balancing under braking and they're very predictable and 'easy' to keep in a slide. In WRC8 the cars still feel to rigid and sharp in the corners, there isn't as much room to play around with. This is mostly noticeable at medium speeds in my opinion 

You know how the WRC 8 cars feel already?

• Haha 1

I really don't know what you guys were expecting. It's just more of the same.

• Agree 2

Love the game all you need is an Accuforce and the jobs a good un!

It's not a question why wrc 8 don't want to be like dirt rally . It's a question why dirt rally two point zero want to be like wrc7 🙂

• Confused 2

For me, the two games aren't competing against each other. I have Dirt for an authentic simulation of amazing cars on gravel. And will have wrc 8 to get lost in the 2019 wrc championship on a game pad (if the wheel handling is as woeful as wrc 7 was)

15 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

New fans want the glitz and glamour of the event. Rally fans want the rally.

Hmm I don't see it at all like that. In WRC8 you get a lot more rally than you get in DR2. DR2 is incredibly barebones compared to WRC8. Okay DR2 maybe more hardcore but that doesn't make it a better game. Certainly not when you see the general impressions around the web. 

Kylotonn has stepped up their game and it looks very very promising. The stream confirmed the game is developped from a wheel-point-of-view and than adapted to controller. This time around they want to go further into simdirection. All positive as far as I can see and lets be honest, those stages shown during the stream just show how good Kylotonn is at the stage design. Very impressive and challenging.

With the livestream shown and with a game packed with content from the start (JWRC, WRC2 Pro, WRC2 Private, WRC, Historics) this is a serious contender and it definitely gave me some thought of just completely skipping DR2 alltogether.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

24 minutes ago, P308R said:

Hmm I don't see it at all like that. In WRC8 you get a lot more rally than you get in DR2. DR2 is incredibly barebones compared to WRC8. Okay DR2 maybe more hardcore but that doesn't make it a better game. Certainly not when you see the general impressions around the web. 

Kylotonn has stepped up their game and it looks very very promising. The stream confirmed the game is developped from a wheel-point-of-view and than adapted to controller. This time around they want to go further into simdirection. All positive as far as I can see and lets be honest, those stages shown during the stream just show how good Kylotonn is at the stage design. Very impressive and challenging.

With the livestream shown and with a game packed with content from the start (JWRC, WRC2 Pro, WRC2 Private, WRC, Historics) this is a serious contender and it definitely gave me some thought of just completely skipping DR2 alltogether.

i prefer quality over quantity, always 😉

• Agree 9

Like someone else said, it doesn't really matter if it has 100 stages if at the end you don't have fun driving and you end up giving up the game before even driving 10% of those stages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, P308R said:

I mean, that's JWRC (1 car), WRC2 Pro/Private (~5-6 cars), WRC (4 cars) and Historics (~10-15??? cars). That logic makes no sense; DR2 has 50, hopefully rising to over 70 cars.

Also, I agree that the new stages in WRC7 were very well designed and I look forward to seeing what they add in the new game (Wales, Sweden, Finland need an overhaul most IMO), but the DR2 ones are of a higher quality IMO - and hopefully by the time WRC8 arrives it will have ~280km of stages over 12 rally locations too (guaranteed 210km over 9).

Also, it's fine to enjoy both.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Having a extra rally game is awesome as it's good for anyone loving rally. WRC7 can be improved in many ways and so it does Dirt Rally 2, so I hope we see a step forward in WRC8. For me I see the two games as:

Dirt Rally 2:

- Physics (they are not close to real life, but they are fun and that's important in any game).

- Collisions.

- Good graphics.

- VR Support.

- WRX even though for people like me who likes pure rally is something it could be removed, but it's a positive.

- Great stages but low amount.

- Bad performance.

- Good selection of cars including historical ones.

- Price is too high.

- Meh career mode.

- Hype based experience (no demo).

- Crappy DLC system, online requirement, bugs and also a few more bugs.

WRC8 (based on 7):

- Meh physics (as far as Dirt Rally from real life but less fun to drive).

- Collisions feel more like bouncing.

- Great graphics.

- No VR Support.

- Clean focus rally experience, you and the road, nothing else.

- Awesome stages and multiple countries (a step ahead Dirt Rally) but some of them need improvement.

- Bad performance.

- Official rally cars, if they add old ones then awesome.

- Fair price.

- Meh career mode.

- Experience based hope (no demo).

- No DLC based, no online requirement and they fix bugs quicker (some of them).

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Between career events i now find myself looking for the cheapest way to fix up the car, as opposed to using the allocated 30 mins to fix as much as possible. 

I’m only really using about 15 of the 30 mins because doing any more working is financially unviable.  (R5 class) i know the older cars are cheaper to fix and it’s not as big an issue. 

Just doesn’t feel right as a gameplay mechanic. May as well not bother buying any more mechanics as unless it reduces the cost to fix things then there is no point. I already have ample time.

i’m barely making any profit after each event on the Master’s championship, it’s just the lump sum after completing the championship thatgives me any meaningful credits.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Disagree 1

18 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i no creo que esto nunca va a pasar, porque WRC se designa a la corriente principal ...... por lo que nunca seré un SIM para rallyentusiasts como nosotros 😉

"WRC se designa a la corriente principal ...... por lo que nunca seré un SIM" 

That’s an urban legend, given that the F1 2018 is a game for masses, and is the most realistic in physics of an f1. Even more difficult than AC and others of the genre... and the only ones that simulated authentic carboceramic brakes. At AC, IR and others that are not games for the general public, it brakes as if they were street cars.

5 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Between career events i now find myself looking for the cheapest way to fix up the car, as opposed to using the allocated 30 mins to fix as much as possible. 

I’m only really using about 15 of the 30 mins because doing any more working is financially unviable.  (R5 class) i know the older cars are cheaper to fix and it’s not as big an issue. 

Just doesn’t feel right as a gameplay mechanic. May as well not bother buying any more mechanics as unless it reduces the cost to fix things then there is no point. I already have ample time.

Really? I find money very easy to earn in this game and I'm usually about middle on community events.

I do like the way damage stays with the cars between online and offline events though - found that out on day 1 when I messed about in shakedown like I used to in DR1! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Smithers1968 said:

Really? I find money very easy to earn in this game and I'm usually about middle on community events.

I do like the way damage stays with the cars between online and offline events though - found that out on day 1 when I messed about in shakedown like I used to in DR1! 

In the fiesta r5 it often needs a new gearbox which is 50k and sometimes only is option is replacement instead of quick or standard fixes. Bodywork is typically 8k, so i opt for quick fixes instead which changes it to 4k. The biggest engine upgrade is 350,000 so it’s all pretty steep. Didn’t have this problem till i tried r5 class. 

Yes, the damage stays, yet the cars are always clean for the next stage 🤔

Edited by Pieman99