DiRTy Gossip Thread

27 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

You just reviewed WRC 7, not 8, lol... 

I'm going to be reviewing The Last of Us 2 based on The Last of Us 1 next week.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Yes, the damage stays, yet the cars are always clean for the next stage 🤔

Cheeky once over with a hose while nobody’s looking 😆

• Agree 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DR1 have that nice detail when field-repaired body panels still looked a bit worn, definitely unlike the pristine ones in the beginning of an event?..

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

In the fiesta r5 it often needs a new gearbox which is 50k and sometimes only is option is replacement instead of quick or standard fixes. Bodywork is typically 8k, so i opt for quick fixes instead which changes it to 4k. The biggest engine upgrade is 350,000 so it’s all pretty steep. Didn’t have this problem till i tried r5 class. 

Yes, the damage stays, yet the cars are always clean for the next stage 🤔

Ah, perhaps I hadn't noticed because I mostly drive historic! 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

only is option is replacement instead of quick or standard fixes

This is only the case if the last fix you did was a quick fix. If you quick fix, your mechanics are basically Jerry-rigging the part to make it through the event at any cost - that cost being replacing it after the event. So quick-fixing things will actually cost you more money in the end if you are quick-fixing only lightly damaged components instead of timing the quick-fixed on things that are more like 70% damaged since you'll be wanting to replace those components soon anyways.

1 hour ago, Pieman99 said:

The biggest engine upgrade is 350,000 so it’s all pretty steep. Didn’t have this problem till i tried r5 class. 

And yes, the R5's are expensive as hell to maintain. It's the main reason I've been saving that class for the Masters championship where the events actually pay out enough to cover the maintenance costs of the car.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dani211212 said:

wow didnt expect to flop like this, Dirt Rally 2.0 in UK after 2 weeks already on 21 place (was 6th in the first week) 

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

i still hope for chance that game will live after season 2, to get season 3 and 4.. (there are so many more cars that we need in this game)

Is that digital sales? Seem to be a lot of old titles in there, perhaps these are the top sellers in CEX?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Smithers1968 said:

Is that digital sales? Seem to be a lot of old titles in there, perhaps these are the top sellers in CEX?

The sales-figures on GfK are physical only as far as I know. The digital sales-figures in the UK are shared with another company; and that company (ISFE) should be able to publish sales-figures of retail- and digital sales combined. Here´s a little piece I found about this: 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-12-14-uk-charts-overhaul-digital-data-will-finally-be-counted

But I haven´t dug THAT deep into this topic; so maybe there has been some change in this regard since the article was published.

If you look at the individual sales figures (meaning not the combined sales-figures from all three platforms) Dirt Rally 2.0 ranks even lower; only placed 34th in that same timespan: 

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

I really hope Codemasters ends up making a good amount of money with the game; so they will continue with the more serious path to Rallying. The numbers may not look THAT good; but I am under the impression that the budget wasn´t really that high for DR 2.0 to begin with; maybe partly due to the fact that Dirt 4 didn´t perform particularly well. In my opinion part of the blame why DR 2.0 didn´t perform that well and there´s a bit of negativity towards the game (which I´m sure has an impact on the sales-figures) lies with Codemasters itself. A good chunk of that negativity comes from the forced Racenet-requirement for the Career; and this is something that could have been easily avoided in my opinion.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

I'm going to be reviewing The Last of Us 2 based on The Last of Us 1 next week.

Is that out next week?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kheiro said:

What is the possibility of season 2 DLC? 

Probably more oriented towards RX, but nothing's sure. Season 2 is happening eitherway, what's not confirmed is development after that. So basically we have content rollout up until September/October.

Edited by Riggs
  • Thanks 1

Yeah season 2 confirmed and included with deluxe edition.

Probably more RX themed but season 1 was slightly different in that it contained an extra car and was 100% stage rally.

Posted (edited)

Well apparently the episode 2 of the podcast just came out, but it looks like it has been recorded before release (?) kinda pointless.

Anyways, it has been emphasized in the podcast once again, that the team wants feedback of what we want to see more developed (not just bug fixes). So let's just keep our heads cool like we've done until here and keep those constructive critics and suggestions coming up. 🙂

The real thing is that this game is going in the right direction, and not the other way around. There's simply a few obstacles throughout this road which will sooner or later get sorted (let's hope sooner than later 😄)

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Well apparently the episode 2 of the podcast just came out, but it looks like it has been recorded before release (?) kinda pointless.

Anyways, it has been emphasized in the podcast once again, that the team wants feedback of what we want to see more developed (not just bug fixes). So let's just keep our heads cool like we've done until here and keep those constructive critics and suggestions coming up. 🙂

The real thing is that this game is going in the right direction, and not the other way around. There's simply a few obstacles throughout this road which will sooner or later get sorted (let's hope sooner 😄 )

Really, really i want a trip to Wales and Greece country, in Season Two of DiRT Rally 2.0™.

Absolutely loving the game but why is there only a Deluxe Edition upgrade on the PlayStation Store? Can I not buy the Season Pass on it’s own? I pre ordered the game and already got the Porsche, car unlocks etc. so why am I having to pay for them again just to get the Season Pass?

it is useless to add other rallies. why develop 2 long special stages at each rally, split them in half, change their name, run them in both directions? always run on the same kilometers, a really boring policy, the same mistake as the first dirt rally. After the first season pass we will have 9 rallies and 18 special stages !!! you read that right, 18! 90 euros for 18 special stages, shameful . 

starting also from the fact that 80% of the cars are present in old dirt games, little news, and a game full of things to fix and with a horrendous FFB.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 7

28 minutes ago, KYE1995 said:

Absolutely loving the game but why is there only a Deluxe Edition upgrade on the PlayStation Store? Can I not buy the Season Pass on it’s own? I pre ordered the game and already got the Porsche, car unlocks etc. so why am I having to pay for them again just to get the Season Pass?

As each part of the season becomes available, you will be able to buy them individually.

The upgrade to deluxe is the season pass and some other bits, well, it's the season 1 and 2 pass at least.

3 hours ago, ale81udine said:

it is useless to add other rallies. why develop 2 long special stages at each rally, split them in half, change their name, run them in both directions? always run on the same kilometers, a really boring policy, the same mistake as the first dirt rally. After the first season pass we will have 9 rallies and 18 special stages !!! you read that right, 18! 90 euros for 18 special stages, shameful . 

starting also from the fact that 80% of the cars are present in old dirt games, little news, and a game full of things to fix and with a horrendous FFB.

So you don't want them to add more rallies because there's not enough rally content?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

1360828800_SemTtulo.thumb.png.44f4479f9c2ca079b68818f25062ef08.png

Well apparently there's already a depot for the upcoming Monte Carlo rally, but it's quite interesting to see it being named "France Rally". I'd like to see Corsica rally in the future, but since Monaco is apparently being named France, I suppose this crosses Corsica.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

As each part of the season becomes available, you will be able to buy them individually.

The upgrade to deluxe is the season pass and some other bits, well, it's the season 1 and 2 pass at least.

Buying each DLC is always more expensive than buying the season pass though. That’s what i’m saying, i’ve already bought those other bits. Every other game i’ve seen with similar DLC has had the option to buy the season pass with and without the bonus bits (usually pre-order stuff) and it’s frustrating that i’m essentially having to pay for them again because they’re forced in with the season pass. I don’t want to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition when i’ve already got that content, I just want the season pass. It’s not a huge deal but it’s just annoying and has what’s kept me from buying it yet. 

Well apparently there's already a depot for the upcoming Monte Carlo rally, but it's quite interesting to see it being named "France Rally". I'd like to see Corsica rally in the future, but since Monaco is apparently being named France, I suppose this is crosses Corsica.

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

Well apparently there's already a depot for the upcoming Monte Carlo rally, but it's quite interesting to see it being named "France Rally". I'd like to see Corsica rally in the future, but since Monaco is apparently being named France, I suppose this is crosses Corsica.

I was surprised to see it being called Monte in game TBH; I was expecting it to be "France".

They've named it Monte Carlo in marketing material though, surprised if it's called France in game.

Posted (edited)

It's not called France "in game" - it's called france in the files, file naming is done in code before any names are chosen elsewhere, it's not too surprising to see this.  

I am seeing the place holder for 1.3 DLC though, that *should* be Season 2(?)

*Edit, re-read what you wrote again, sorry, yes, i too would be surprised if it was called France in game.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX