DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I don’t think it guarantees all rallies will be ported over (although I hope they are) but if they were hiring the co-drivers in each language to do a day’s recording it makes sense to do notes for all stages they can just in case they want to use them in future.

i hope they do so, like i said very first voice in dr1 in italian was fine,  after they hire another guy, that guy was a totally  a drag with his sleepy voice..............

Edited by teknoid85

4 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Enjoyed a couple of shots from Paris-Nice cycling race today...

Not the first time cycling and rallying met 🙂

Dani-Sordo_Rally-de-Portugal-678x381.jpg

Fafe_Salto_Pedra_Sentada_ciclismo-2017.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Riggs said:

Safe to say the "spoiled" part came after "Give it time people". If you entitled yourself as spoiled, then it was your call not mine. That part of the text was aimed at the batch of people who keep crying in the forums 24/7 making double threads for attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Does DR2.0 need improvements? Yes it does, as well as a big ton of bug fixes. But such things take time to actually do, test and implement. And it drives me crazy reading posts with people saying none of the issues have been acknowledged, when they have been more than once. Probably it would be better to sum it up in a stickied thread, but nonetheless it has been acknowledged and been pointed that it's being worked on. Plus, the Chief Game Designer has said it countless times: "We want feedback from the community about which improvements we can make in the game, content, features" (such as tyre compounds etc). No such speech has been delivered in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4. There's a big difference here.

However, this big batch of spoiled kids simply prefer to create havoc and review-bomb a game way below of its actual level, not having any idea of the consequences this might have on the future success of the game and the difficulties this team has been undergoing for years to be able to deliver such experience.

The topping is finished when then these same people dare to say WRC8 drives and looks much better than DR2.0, based on a livestream. Sure it can be better than WRC7, that's where you can compare 8, but comparing to DiRT Rally 2.0 and even 1, it's a complete junk. Not to mention these same people complain about CM not fixing certain features that are hard to do from a game to another, while this developer has kept the same ridiculous car sounds since their first game and still didn't fix them for 8.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to debate. But that's not what's happening.

Well, your whole post seemed to be adressed at me, seeing that you go on rambling about DR 1 which I brought into the discussion at that point; so of course I then think this "don´t be so spoiled" is aimed at me as well.

And what about this " Plus, the Chief Game Designer has said it countless times: "We want feedback from the community about which improvements we can make in the game, content, features" (such as tyre compounds etc). No such speech has been delivered in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4. There's a big difference here." ?    Wasn´t that the whole reason for Early Access in Dirt Rally 1 ? To gather feedback from the community and improve the game based on that feedback ? You make it sound as if Dirt Rally 1 had no community-engagement at all. Isn´t it obvious that Codemasters didn´t come out with a sentence like this after the release of DR 1 when the game went through that lengthy Early Access-phase, full of that same feedback ? And maybe due to that fact DR 1 never had bugs (after it was officially released) like sudden loss of Audio during a Stage or people loosing their Career-progress even weeks after launch . And in my opinion these are no small bugs that can always happen in every new release; especially the loss of Career-progress is a huge game-breaking bug in my opinion and should not be downplayed by "Yeah, the game has a few bugs that almost all new games have nowadays".

But of course I agree with Dirt4. That really showed how NOT to support a game after release; and DR 2.0 seems to be a step up in that regard. Through the announcement of the 2 Seasons Codemasters somewhat HAS to support the game via patches if they want to sell their DLCs.

Again, I get that people are annoyed by venters and non-constuctive critics. I am as well. All I´m saying is why rant on these people in a response to a post that was nothing like these rants at all.

But ok, I´m good with ending this discussion at this point.

Edited by Civarello
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I had a dream: a patch is released together with the second DLC. All the important aspects of the game are fixed: ffb is improved, night and rain stages are reduced in frequency, the hardcore damage is more realistic and incorporated in the career from the Pro division onwards. Codemasters keep adding new tracks, cars and improvements throughout the following months, the game starts selling better, the devs are happy, the players are happy, we're all in rally heaven.

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I had a dream: a patch is released together with the second DLC. All the important aspects of the game are fixed: ffb is improved, night and rain stages are reduced in frequency, the hardcore damage is more realistic and incorporated in the career from the Pro division onwards. Codemasters keep adding new tracks, cars and improvements throughout the following months, the game starts selling better, the devs are happy, the players are happy, we're all in rally heaven.

🙂

This brought a tear to my eye. You are the Martin Luther King of the Dirt Game forums.

Edit: Second DLC is too long though, I'm still very entitled.

Edited by Cortextual
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have faith this will soon happen, specially when they've got rid of the bugs.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

🙂

And didn't you have dreams about us only getting the mentioned DLC content without any patches complemented by total radio silence from the devs? You know, a dream with a slight DiRT 4 watermark in the corner.

Edited by BloodCat
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

I really hope Codemasters will add back the smaller versions of the RX tracks, and not in the form of paid content but just in a patch. Not sure why they were removed, seems pointless to remove so many features and content. I really loved racing about in the small RX tracks with the Mini RX class (removed from the game) or the Peugeot 307 (removed from the game).

• Agree 3

I keep seeing videos with the Fiesta R2 in cockpit view and they're fine. Visibility seems normal. This is what I see when I'm in cockpit view. I tried to adjust seat position but it's already at the lowest position. Is this a console related issue or am I missing something? 

rich1eI_DiRTRally20_20190317_20-33-40.png

22 minutes ago, richie said:

I keep seeing videos with the Fiesta R2 in cockpit view and they're fine. Visibility seems normal. This is what I see when I'm in cockpit view. I tried to adjust seat position but it's already at the lowest position. Is this a console related issue or am I missing something? 

rich1eI_DiRTRally20_20190317_20-33-40.png

In fact you can only choose 1 livery if you want dashcam or cockpit view, so in your case choose livery 1 who has a normal banner on the windscreen 😀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

In fact you can only choose 1 livery if you want dashcam or cockpit view, so in your case choose livery 1 who has a normal banner on the windscreen 😀

I had thought of this and actually tried a few other liveries with a smaller or no banner but it didn't change anything. Apparently I didn't try livery #1 🙃 Works fine now. Thank you very much sir 👌

Can anyone at Codemasters please tell us an estimated date when the first patch fixing the major bugs will be released? Racenet cant be so slow!! (I have 150mbps Internet).

I will not stop playing because of the bugs because I love the game, but a lot of people will be annoyed and stop playing 😞

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Can anyone at Codemasters please tell us an estimated date when the first patch fixing the major bugs will be released? Racenet cant be so slow!! (I have 150mbps Internet).

I will not stop playing because of the bugs because I love the game, but a lot of people will be annoyed and stop playing 😞

You think Codemasters wouldn't tell us when they would already know? next to that, for one system (xbox) it takes more time to get an patch aproved than an other (ps4). Even CM don't know how long it will take before patch is aprroved and goes live. Usually the first platform is Steam, than 1-2 days later Sony, and up to a week at Microsoft.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

A roadbook raising some light over the current game's situation is needed to settle things down a bit imo. @ChristinaMc

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

A roadbook raising some light over the current game's situation is needed to settle things down a bit imo.

Agreed. A sticky post on the forum that highlights what's been acknowledged and being looked at would be of great benefit as well imo. 

• Agree 1

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after taking a week off - I'm now back in the office for aaaaaages, although we do have a few people out at GDC at the moment! Just on some of the discussions I've seen: we'll be patching the game hopefully Wednesday (subject to approvals and everything going smoothly). When that's all locked in, you'll get the full patch notes. We've addressed a lot of the stuff you've been asking for... the FFB is with our handling team, so no changes on that front - but we've managed to squeeze a lot in for this patch. I'll have specifics for you when it's all confirmed, but please rest assured that we're on it.

Cheers,
Christina

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

I was expecting ffb might take longer, though I'm personally having no issues driving the cars on my wheel, it's just lacking some immersion details such as tyre slip and surface detail.

On the other things, I'm hoping the weather/day night cycle is fixed along with running order and ai discrepancies.

Cheers for the heads up @ChristinaMc

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after taking a week off - I'm now back in the office for aaaaaages, although we do have a few people out at GDC at the moment! Just on some of the discussions I've seen: we'll be patching the game hopefully Wednesday (subject to approvals and everything going smoothly). When that's all locked in, you'll get the full patch notes. We've addressed a lot of the stuff you've been asking for... the FFB is with our handling team, so no changes on that front - but we've managed to squeeze a lot in for this patch. I'll have specifics for you when it's all confirmed, but please rest assured that we're on it.

Cheers,
Christina

Thank you for info.

18 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I was expecting ffb might take longer, though I'm personally having no issues driving the cars on my wheel, it's just lacking some immersion details such as tyre slip and surface detail.

On the other things, I'm hoping the weather/day night cycle is fixed along with running order and ai discrepancies.

Cheers for the heads up @ChristinaMc

Day/night/weather cycle is one of the things on the list - we've tweaked the frequency so you'll get some more dry/day stages. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 2

Please tell me that Phil will be calling all pacenotes online from wednesday/patch release.

Pleeeeeeasee!!

And the blurry graphics are fixed in console version ?? (PS4 Standar and Xbox Standar)

IA in carrer mode is broken

And FFB fix???

I pay 90€/$ for and Early Access/beta game?.

54 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Cheers,
Christina

Framerate? Sound disappearing? I buy preorder and still can't even start career.

4 minutes ago, GottaEvil said:

And the blurry graphics are fixed in console version ?? (PS4 Standar and Xbox Standar)

IA in carrer mode is broken

And FFB fix???

I pay 90€/$ for and Early Access/beta game?. 

Maybe wait for the patch to get released before you start complaining and over-exaggerating again? Man...

I'm really excited about the patch, the night and weather conditions was the most important aspect to be improved in my opinion. I understand they need more time with ffb, which is already ok if you ask me. Maybe not great, but ok.

Keep up the great job Codemasters!

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1