DiRTy Gossip Thread

There's barely a topic of people enjoying the game, because people are enjoying the game.

Gots to get a move on with DLC though. Kind of gutted they've split the location releases. I'd love all three in one drop but hey ho.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Civarello said:

People loosing their game-progress isn´t game-breaking ? And even IF these things don´t happen so often anymore, as long as the Online-requirement is in place this stuff can always happen again. The sound still cutting out, even after the patch isn´t very beneficial either. Especially if that happens during an Online-Event and you get a dnf because of that.

And my point wasn´t Pikes Peak in particular. But that DR 2.0 is a lighter package on release than BOTH DR 1 and D4. And sorry, I personally wouldn´t  expect a follow up to have even less stuff/features than an already pretty bare-bones predecessor (DR1).

I don't see dr2 as a lighter package, rather a more focussed package doubled down on detail with things like stage deg. I was as disappointed as the next person when we found out that we were only getting 6 locations and 2 stages per at release, but its the first game with live service, and needs to be treated that way, assisting devs to fix and adjust the things we want, not just ranting and whining and hurling abuse around.

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Because the team doing DLC work is not the same team doing bug fixes. The art and asset team isn't going to be able to magically fix audio problems or overhaul the handling model for FFB. So why let them as a resource go to waste? They had been spun off onto the DR1 location overhaul project months and months ago, not a few weeks ago at release. Regardless of 2.0 having a buggy launch or a flawless launch, that resource had been allocated and was going to get their deliverable done by the planned date. 

The problem with this is that it only has to do with how the studio is organized internally and how it's managed. However, what the consumer sees is that they paid for a game, and the game isn't finished. And before they get what they believe they paid for, they are offered to pay for more.

Of course this is all subjective, and what we can consider a finished game or an acceptable level of quality or polish is a matter of opinion, but that's why some people don't like having DLC before some issues are fixed.

• Agree 1

Okay I’ve just got in from work and Monte has disappeared from my championship, it’s now showing New Zealand again. Wish I had taken a photo last night, now I just look like a liar who couldn’t follow through when people asked for proof 😞

• Haha 5
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Okay I’ve just got in from work and Monte has disappeared from my championship, it’s now showing New Zealand again. Wish I had taken a photo last night, now I just look like a liar who couldn’t follow through when people asked for proof 😞

i've tried several times to start rally championship  and abbandone it to see if i also have monte in it  😂

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i've tried several times to start rally championship  and abbandone it to see if i also have monte in it  😂

I wonder if spamming random enough in Custom Championship would trigger it to pull from the wrong list 🤔

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I wonder if spamming random enough in Custom Championship would trigger it to pull from the wrong list 🤔

The game would just grow tired of you breaking the random button and allow you to play Sweden already. If this was CMR2 it would probably work... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gfRally said:

delusions of entitlement...  

Nice demonizing language to describe regular customers who want a working product for their more than full asking price. If you wish to see Codies succeed, applauding the way DiRT Rally 2.0 is being handled is not the way forward.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, BloodCat said:

True. It takes about two months to produce a fox.

Wow, that seems insanely quick...

(does Googling)

Good god! There's one actually titled "Crab-eating Fox." Can I be "Burger-eating man" or Porky be "Kebab-eating Scandiwhovian?"

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Can I be "Burger-eating man" 

I think you meant burger-eating poop child.

I don't know if anyone else finds this as fun as I did, but turn automatic subtitles (english) on in this video. Best pace notes ever. :classic_laugh:

Also this is not just a clever way to get views on my video. :classic_wink:

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Murikka said:

I think you meant burger-eating poop child.

I don't know if anyone else finds this as fun as I did, but turn automatic subtitles (english) on in this video. Best pace notes ever. :classic_laugh:

Also this is not just a clever way to get views on my video. :classic_wink:

jump30 christ!!!!!  'm dead 😂😂😂

Just tried it on one of mine, the start is great 😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Decks said:

Just tried it on one of mine, the start is great 😄

regular breasts :classic_happy:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chukonu said:

Nice demonizing language to describe regular customers who want a working product for their more than full asking price. If you wish to see Codies succeed, applauding the way DiRT Rally 2.0 is being handled is not the way forward.

Where is anyone applauding the way DR2 is being handled?

Nowhere, is the answer. All people are doing is trying to explain the realities of game development, and how it’s not nearly as simple as some of the, hmm, less nuanced commenters seem to believe.

Everyone I’ve seen called a fanboy (or shill or whatever childish insult) has been quite clear on what they’d like to see improved, what they’re not happy with, and so on. Nobody is blindly cheering Codies on and saying everything is perfect.

Some people, me included, are saying the game is good, mind you, but once again, that doesn’t mean we think it’s perfect or that we don’t think the bugs need fixing.

Again, nuance. It’s quite possible to enjoy something despite its flaws. If anything less than perfection is a problem for you, prepare to be disappointed your whole life.

Edited by afahoy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 2

35 minutes ago, afahoy said:

Nowhere, is the answer. All people are doing is trying to explain the realities of game development, and how it’s not nearly as simple as some of the, hmm, less nuanced commenters seem to believe.

Everyone I’ve seen called a fanboy (or shill or whatever childish insult) has been quite clear on what they’d like to see improved, what they’re not happy with, and so on. Nobody is blindly cheering Codies on and saying everything is perfect.

Some people, me included, are saying the game is good, mind you, but once again, that doesn’t mean we think it’s perfect or that we don’t think the bugs need fixing.

Again, nuance. It’s quite possible to enjoy something despite its flaws. If anything less than perfection is a problem for you, prepare to be disappointed your whole life.

You can go ahead and quit your patronizing; you needn't educate me on the realities of game development. I also know what nuance is, I've given the game/codies credit where it's due plenty of times. Similarly I haven't called anyone a shill or fanboy - so not sure whom those comments are meant for (maybe too much of your much praised 'nuance' is what's causing this confusion?).

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I don't see dr2 as a lighter package, rather a more focussed package doubled down on detail with things like stage deg. I was as disappointed as the next person when we found out that we were only getting 6 locations and 2 stages per at release, but its the first game with live service, and needs to be treated that way, assisting devs to fix and adjust the things we want, not just ranting and whining and hurling abuse around.

Of course, describing DR 2.0 as a more focussed game than DR 1 is one way to see it. But that was what was already said about DR 1; to explain it´s rather bland Career-Mode and general lack of "fluff". And I was absolutely fine with that regarding how DR1 was conceived within Codemasters. Again, we shouldn´t forget that DR 1 was more of a side-project and test-balloon; to see if a more hardcore-Rally game would still be viable. But DR 2.0 is nothing of that anymore.

But it´s not only the pure content side-of things that somewhat irks me; but the amount of features as well. I´ve mentioned these things (Steam workshop, custom liveries in Online Events, worse support for custom-stuff in general, missing options in the setup-menu compared to DR1 and D4, no Rally-school, a WAY worse Career-mode compared to D4, worse wheel-support, no money/car-upgrades via custom mode etc.) a couple of times; for me this is simply a step back compared to its predecessors.

I can only say that I don´t mention these things because I wish any harm to Codemasters. I mention these things because I would like to see them implemented into DR 2.0; or at least into a potential follow-up. I´ve said numerous times that I wish Codemasters nothing but success; but I also think that they´re partly to blame as well for all the criticism the game received; more (justified) criticism than was necessary in my opinion.

• Agree 2

It doesn't mean some of those things won't be implemented later. Some of the features you mentioned didn't come all at once in DR1 either, it was a gradual process through EA (steam workshop for example).

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It doesn't mean some of those things won't be implemented later. Some of the features you mentioned didn't come all at once in DR1 either, it was a gradual process through EA (steam workshop for example).

Precisely. That´s my point. DR 1 was Early Access and therefore cheaper; and everybody knew it wasn´t feature-complete. DR 2.0 isn´t an Early Access-release. If these things come at a later point (or they don´t - like in Dirt 4; but I´m still optimistic) has nothing to do with my argument; I only compare both games in terms of what they offered on release.

Holy hell; I really feel that I sound more negative than I actually am; which isn´t my natural normally....except in specific cases like Fallout 76 or Anthem.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

It doesn't mean some of those things won't be implemented later.

That would be awesome, but I highly doubt that. DR2 is not EA, it's a finished and, I think, feature-complete product. The DLCs are already deep in the pipeline, judging by release roadmap, so the dev team is probably being reoriented to other projects.

The chances to get any of this beasts is zero? Or a fake one from other manufacturer with similar specs

Cant wait to drive this things 

• Agree 1

Don't know why Toyota is being like this. Why wouldn't you want your car represented in a game? It's how I learned to love even ugly ducks like the Metro.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chukonu said:

Don't know why Toyota is being like this. Why wouldn't you want your car represented in a game? It's how I learned to love even ugly ducks like the Metro.

Don´t think it has anything to do with Toyota themselves, but the WRC. All those cars are part of the official WRC-license, which is held by Big Ben. I think we got lucky that we had the WRC-Polo and Fiesta for example in DR1. Wouldn´t be surprised if Big Ben  made a claim against Codemasters; so that they´re not allowed to use some of these WRC-cars anymore; or strike deals with the car-manufacturers directly.

Edited by Civarello

Anyone completed Monthly AI Challenge? It's marked 'easy', but the AI is trying to tear me a new one. I admit, I'm a pretty mediocre driver, but such a pwnage is something new.

9 hours ago, afahoy said:

See the video above yours. Google definitely [Applauds]

In completely unrelated news, since Grid 2 was free on Humble a few days back I snagged it and I can't understand why everyone seems to hate it so much. Okay, it doesn't have cockpit cam, but beyond that it's pretty decent. I like the menu system, it's a more refined kind of version of DiRT 2's menu where it's "in-world" and you're in your garage or warehouse which gets upgraded as you progress. The backgrounds are quite snazzy and you get to see some of your cars in the background while the menus are still quick to navigate.

However, whomever decided the menus and replays needed "cinematic" space sucking letterboxes and f@cking god-awful close-up quick cut replay cams needs to be beaten. Holy Christ, and people complain about the cams in DR2? Please.

Now I'm just waiting for Autosport to go free so I can own all of them for free. :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Civarello said:

Don´t think it has anything to do with Toyota themselves, but the WRC. All those cars are part of the official WRC-license, which is held by Big Ben. I think we got lucky that we had the WRC-Polo and Fiesta for example in DR1. Wouldn´t be surprised if Big Ben  made a claim against Codemasters; so that they´re not allowed to use some of these WRC-cars anymore; or strike deals with the car-manufacturers directly.

That could be a case if it would be only about present WRC. But we didn't see a Toyota in Codemasters game for long time and I dont think we will anywhere soon.